• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park did it again, Fecal Transplant

cryptoadam

Banned
So just watched the latest SP episode, Turd Burglar, and like NAMBLA they did it again.

Just to break it down, Kyles mom is sick so she gets a fecal transplant, where they literally put someones poop up her butt to give her healthy microbioms. The plot takes a turn and involves Tom Brady and a Dune parody about the Spice Melange.

So I decided wait a minute lets google this and its a real thing. When they made their NAMBLA episode I thought it was fake and they made up NAMBLA. But NAMBLA was real. And so is fecal transplants. Its an actual thing where people transplant healthy poop up their butts.

So GAF if any of you have healthy shit like Tom Brady please share.

Paltheos

So I decided wait a minute lets google this and its a real thing. When they made their NAMBLA episode I thought it was fake and they made up NAMBLA. But NAMBLA was real. And so is fecal transplants. Its an actual thing where people transplant healthy poop up their butts.

Yeah, I heard about this from a pharmacist friend of mine a few years back. The idea, as I roughly recall, is that it gives you microbes not already in your own body that can aid with digestion. This isn't a typical problem as you inherit from your mother usually(?).

Blade2.0

Some fat people have become thin through this transplant and some thin people have become fat through this transplant (like a big dude giving his poop to a thin dude and then the thin dude can't retain his weight). Plus there have been complications and people have died from this kind of procedure.

FMTs are real and some say they work great. I am not there yet lol.

Like the poster said above it is said to have some wacky effects. Your Gut flora is legit complicated and can mess your shit up.

Kadayi

Banned
It was a she, but unfortunately she did not. I told her that if she wanted to cheat death, there’s no other poop you’d rather get than Brady’s. He’s the worlds expert in cheating stuff.

When she asked the doctor about the transplant procedure did he tell her

tenor.gif

lock2k

Banned
So just watched the latest SP episode, Turd Burglar, and like NAMBLA they did it again.

Just to break it down, Kyles mom is sick so she gets a fecal transplant, where they literally put someones poop up her butt to give her healthy microbioms. The plot takes a turn and involves Tom Brady and a Dune parody about the Spice Melange.

I knew about this transplant for years. My brother has ulcerative colitis and I also have a tendency for this. Our microbiomes are fucked up. Thankfully mine hasn't developed. I use macrobiotics and they are good for me. Still, I want to watch the episode and it's probably funny as hell.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
if i wake up in a sex mansion with hot babes tending to my needs such that all i have to trade is some poop to some weird rich cabal for their fecal transplant programs ...

god help me so be it, i will save lives in need

no murder death kill tho, and i wanna go free when we're done

tenor.gif
What if the cabal only wants poop created from eating other poop and you have to get hooked up to a human centipede chain?

Fret Runner

Pimp my Shit.
Yo, we heard you like shit, so we took your old shit and replaced it with new shit.
Except this shit is fresh, Yo. Straight from the monks in the secret Chinese forests.
We also stuck a bluetooth speaker up there as well, so you can really flex at parties.

Tune in next week when we sculpt a replica mount Rushmore out of someones stuck Kidney Stone.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Usually bacterial infections are caused from overly potent broad spectrum antibiotics that leave too much growth of the good flora

We both had C Diff infections. Which can be deadly. Mine almost killed me. For her, she had several relapses of it, for those who don't know a lot about it, basically it's almost impossible to totally kill off it leaves "spores" in your intestines and it kinda comes back from the dead when you use antibiotics killing off good bacteria and allowing the C Diff to take over. Well she had several bouts with it and then needed more antibiotics to kill the C Diff and eventually her flora got so fucked up that her gut microbiome was all jacked up.

Actually the Fecal transplant there are medical articles since 2013... and its a treatment for clostridium difficile

Last edited:
Top Bottom