• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park : Santa calls everyone a cunt for people being offended by tweets

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
South Park is the only show that I know of that has been good for as long as it has and it doesn't seem to be going down anytime soon.

Fbh

South Park is the only show that I know of that has been good for as long as it has and it doesn't seem to be going down anytime soon.

That season which focused on Cartman and his girlfirend (1 or 2 seasons ago, I don't remember) was pretty meh.
Aside from that, yeah I agree

cryptoadam

Banned
It's good to know there's still a small amount of shows not running the approved liberal agenda

Which is funny because a few episodes ago they mocked everyone turning a blind eye to global warming.

So SP actually is an equal offender and go after left and right. And often times they don't really care much about politics and just tell it like it is. Which usually goes against the liberal agenda.

SoulUnison

Banned

I don't know. I've felt for at least 3 seasons now that the show is just kind of coasting on obvious framings of current events.
It doesn't really have anything unique to say anymore, and it seems to have lost the edge or wit to make at least the delivery novel.

Also, I kind of feel like we barely ever see what the kids are doing anymore.
It feels like we're always following the adult characters or one-off characters created for the purpose of a specific plot line.

It's good to know there's still a small amount of shows not running the approved liberal agenda

It hurts my heart to see an account named after such a family-friendly and apolitical character make such pointless and divisive posts.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I don't know. I've felt for at least 3 seasons now that the show is just kind of coasting on obvious framings of current events.
It doesn't really have anything unique to say anymore, and it seems to have lost the edge or wit to make at least the delivery novel.

It hurts my heart to see an account named after such a family-friendly and apolitical character make such pointless and divisive posts.

Then you need to harden your heart a bit. What he said was quite tame.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Which is funny because a few episodes ago they mocked everyone turning a blind eye to global warming.

So SP actually is an equal offender and go after left and right. And often times they don't really care much about politics and just tell it like it is. Which usually goes against the liberal agenda.
Right, South Park goes after what's ridiculous and both the far left regressives and the extreme right lunatics each have their fair share of ridiculous and both are worthy of South Park parody.

Grinchy

Banned
This was easily the best season in years. It hit on some current events and the social climate, but also had just simple, random episodes instead of every episode dating itself immediately by being about whatever was on the news that week.

The Santa scene was hilarious and it drives the message home very nicely that it's crazy to write someone off for life because of a tweet.

Brawlz

Neo Member
Good finale. Not as great as prior seasons, but I'm still enthralled with the show.

I also loved the whole bit with #CancelSouthPark (Was my first time seeing this during the actual episode). I can fully understand why Matt and Trey want to end the series, and I'd be perfectly fine if they enacted upon that.

If not, well, more South Park for me lol.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

...how is that pointless and divisive? He made an actual point. And if you think that's a post that's worth being called out as divisive... well, no comment.

SoulUnison

Banned
...how is that pointless and divisive? He made an actual point. And if you think that's a post that's worth being called out as divisive... well, no comment.

It categorizes and is fundamentally dissonant from his username and avatar in a way that causes a weird uncanny valley effect.

SoulUnison

Banned
Then why are you complaining about his opinion if all he's doing is making you uncomfortable but not lying?

Because nothing in this thread was "political" and then "Super Mario" of all 'things' swoops in and makes a statement that lays bait, hijacks and reframes the conversation to not be "Let's talk about South Park," but "Let's talk about our politics through the lens of South Park." And even now, I don't know if you're doing it consciously, but you're trying to represent me as being "too sensitive" rather than just "tired of everything turning political."

Like, I thought when tons of the population left we were all sighing because at least now the discussion could be apolitical, and then again when "Politics" was split off into its own specific sub-forum, but instead we've just kind of swung around to the other side of the horseshoe, it feels like.

Sometimes I just wanna talk about stuff without it being a thinly veiled ploy to talk about other stuff, ya know?

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Because nothing in this thread was "political" and then "Super Mario" of all 'things' swoops in and makes a statement that lays bait, hijacks and reframes the conversation to not be "Let's talk about South Park," but "Let's talk about our politics through the lens of South Park." And even now, I don't know if you're doing it consciously, but you're trying to represent me as being "too sensitive" rather than just "tired of everything turning political."

Like, I thought when tons of the population left we were all sighing because at least now the discussion could be apolitical, and then again when "Politics" was split off into its own specific sub-forum, but instead we've just kind of swung around to the other side of the horseshoe, it feels like.

Sometimes I just wanna talk about stuff without it being a thinly veiled ploy to talk about other stuff, ya know?

I get your point and agree that it would be nice for the political stuff to be limited to the Politics sub, but the video in the OP was quite clearly about political references in South Park.

Super Mario

Banned

You do realize this very thread is discussing an episode that mocked our politics. Correct? I didn't come in to lecture everyone on their beliefs, and to state mine. I said it was refreshing to see something different. I tend to believe there a lot of others that agree with me. Hence the thread.

cryptoadam

Banned
Good finale. Not as great as prior seasons, but I'm still enthralled with the show.

I also loved the whole bit with #CancelSouthPark (Was my first time seeing this during the actual episode). I can fully understand why Matt and Trey want to end the series, and I'd be perfectly fine if they enacted upon that.

If not, well, more South Park for me lol.

I think its ironic and hilarious that somehow the show has managed to avoid the outrage crowd. All the episodes and things they have done should be setting social media a fire. I mean they had a F'n black character named TOKEN. I know thats the joke but most SJW's don't get jokes. Mr Garrison said only "real women" could get pregnant so being transgender meant he isn't a real women, yet still survived.

SP is like the cockroach or twinkies of SJW/Social media. Even after the social media apocolypse it will still be around making fun of everyone.

Top Bottom