• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

Chopper

Does it have a lot of combat? Or is that something you kind of run into every now and then? Also how long do the battles last?

As for playing Stick of Truth first, why would you recommend that? Are the stories related? I don't think I will have time to play through both of them any time soon to be honest. I was planning on playing Fractured But Whole (if I got it) for about 2 weeks and hoping I finish it, in time for Mario Odyssey.

I don't think the stories are really related, but its much cheaper and will give you an insight as to what kind of gameplay you can expect.

There is a LOT of combat tho. That was certainly a minor gripe I had with SoT.
Hmm. I was actually gonna say there isn't alot of combat. Maybe there is. I guess. But it's alot of fun.

purbeast

Also, what version of A Stick of Truth comes with Fractured But Whole? Is it a code that will work on PS4 or Xbox One? I didn't think it even came out on PS4. Or is it just a PC code?

shaneo632

Just started. Quite surprised the game doesn't let you make your character fully black for max difficulty. It was like kinda-brown.

aravuus

A bit off-topic but, err, anyone got a link to a safe uplay installer download? The one on Ubisoft's official page downloads full speed for the first second then drops to like 10kpbs.

I'm not gonna wait 45 minutes for a fucking uplay installer to download lmao

e: whatever, picked a random site. Unbelievable.

aravuus

Oh shit, didn't realize Uplay obviously doesn't have the native xinput emulation whatever Steam has for the Dualshock 4. Can I start the Uplay South Park through Steam somehow and use my controller like that, no DS4Windows or anything like that needed?

Well I can't play because of fucking Uplay.

I got the game installed and ready to go on steam but of course being a fucking Ubisoft game I should have remembered you have to also use Uplay. So I log into my account only to find 2 step verification is set up, okay no big deal I just wait for a code to show up on my phone like everything else...

Except Ubisoft doesn't just send it as a text to your phone they use an app called Google Authenticator instead... which I don't have and don't remember having. Meaning if I had it perhaps on an older phone I can't access it (because the app is shit) OR which seems more likely since I haven't touched this uplay account in like a year someones hacked my account and put 2 step verification on it.

Either way, I don't have access to my account and I don't have a listing of the recovery codes in the place I normally keep them on my PC so I'm irritated but its fine, theres a number to call to deal with stuff like this so I call the number... The number tells me that the service is not in use and to submit a support ticket instead, doesn't say they are just not working right now so I guess its a fucking dead number.

So then I navigate to their support page and will have to wait up to 48 hours or longer for a response.

I might see if there is a support chat in a bit but I need to calm down first as this is the dumbest shit in the world. Like seriously why list a fucking dead number on your support page? If it's not dead then okay but why then when I called did they not list any hours of operation? Why use a third party phone app for 2 factor authentication unlike everyone else? Why even tie the fucking game to uplay when I bought it on steam, I don't need double fucking DRM for christ sakes.

So much stupid shit.

G-Bus

Banned
Suprised at the lack of early impressions. What the hell GAF. All the threads leading up to the OT seemed pretty busy/hyped.

Think this might be a rent for me. Gona swing by the local game shop on my way home and see if I can get lucky. Might end up buying it if it's not there yet.

Cleve

Except Ubisoft doesn't just send it as a text to your phone they use an app called Google Authenticator instead... which I don't have and don't remember having. Meaning if I had it perhaps on an older phone I can't access it (because the app is shit) OR which seems more likely since I haven't touched this uplay account in like a year someones hacked my account and put 2 step verification on it.
Why use a third party phone app for 2 factor authentication unlike everyone else?

Sucks that you are having issues playing, but Google authenticator is a much better and more secure 2fa method than sms texts.

They made a new version for PS4 and Xbox One. Preordering digitally gave me the game a week ago when I preordered. Been playing it on PS4.
So the only way to get it is through pre-order? If I walk into GameStop and ask for a copy without one will a code be inside the box or not? I really want to play SoT..

Mendrox

Suprised at the lack of early impressions. What the hell GAF. All the threads leading up to the OT seemed pretty busy/hyped.

Think this might be a rent for me. Gona swing by the local game shop on my way home and see if I can get lucky. Might end up buying it if it's not there yet.

People play the game and the game is good. :)

Oh for fuck's sake, I just lost my whole first session's worth of progress thanks to an Autosave bug. I thought it was weird that the Autosave icon was basically on screen at all times; I guess at some point it just started hanging during saving and never stopped. I couldn't manually save (the save/load options were greyed out in the pause menu), and when I went into the Options and changed some audio stuff it froze for good after I backed out.

Closed the application, restarted it, and it loaded me up 18 minutes into the game. Set me back about three or four hours.

Well, fuck it, I'm not doing it over again. I was really enjoying the game but there's nothing more demoralizing to me than losing that much progress.

Impulsor

Oh for fuck's sake, I just lost my whole first session's worth of progress thanks to an Autosave bug. I thought it was weird that the Autosave icon was basically on screen at all times; I guess at some point it just started hanging during saving and never stopped. I couldn't manually save (the save/load options were greyed out in the pause menu), and when I went into the Options and changed some audio stuff it froze for good after I backed out.

Closed the application, restarted it, and it loaded me up 18 minutes into the game. Set me back about three or four hours.

Well, fuck it, I'm not doing it over again. I was really enjoying the game but there's nothing more demoralizing to me than losing that much progress.

Wow, that is gamebreaking right there.

What platform? PC?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Son the only way to get it is through pre-order? If I walk into GameStop and ask for a copy without one will a code be inside the box or not? I really want to play SoT..
Oh, I'm not sure. I know amazon was also giving it as a preorder bonus. I didn't go with them because I wanted to play SoT on ps4 and apparently with amazon you had to wait for the game to release to get your code.

aravuus

Good to hear it can be buggy as shit even without Obsidian's touch lol

Seriously though, thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to restart it if I run into the same bug. Hope there's a quicksave button, I'll be saving every 5 minutes.

Wow, that is gamebreaking right there.

What platform? PC?

PS4. I have the 2.5ish GB day one patch installed, too.

I don't know if it's just an unlucky, one in a million thing or what, but I guess if anyone notices their autosave icon not going away, quit the game as soon as possible.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Sorry that happened to you man :(

It always sucks when that happens.

N° 2048

People play the game and the game is good. :)

What Mendrox said.

Also, this and next week ( entire month actually) are insane for games so people are probably spread out on threads ( and games) like I am.

This game is getting my main attention though, South Park is just something I love so much.

Impulsor

PS4. I have the 2.5ish GB day one patch installed, too.

I don't know if it's just an unlucky, one in a million thing or what, but I guess if anyone notices their autosave icon not going away, quit the game as soon as possible.

Thanks for the headsup man. Really sorry this happened to you, it happened to me way back when castlevania released for ps3. got my save file corrupted with the game almost finished.

Traded it in the very next day.

And wow, big day 1 patch.

shimon

I got the game installed and ready to go on steam but of course being a fucking Ubisoft game I should have remembered you have to also use Uplay. So I log into my account only to find 2 step verification is set up, okay no big deal I just wait for a code to show up on my phone like everything else...

Either way, I don't have access to my account and I don't have a listing of the recovery codes in the place I normally keep them on my PC so I'm irritated but its fine, theres a number to call to deal with stuff like this so I call the number... The number tells me that the service is not in use and to submit a support ticket instead, doesn't say they are just not working right now so I guess its a fucking dead number.

So then I navigate to their support page and will have to wait up to 48 hours or longer for a response.

I might see if there is a support chat in a bit but I need to calm down first as this is the dumbest shit in the world. Like seriously why list a fucking dead number on your support page? If it's not dead then okay but why then when I called did they not list any hours of operation? Why use a third party phone app for 2 factor authentication unlike everyone else? Why even tie the fucking game to uplay when I bought it on steam, I don't need double fucking DRM for christ sakes.

So much stupid shit.

Wow this sucks.

Impulsor

So much stupid shit.

I think that if you just reinstall google authenticator on your current phone and log in and maybe go through the process of "recovering your account" or whatever it is in google authenticator, it will work for you again.

It did for me recently when I changed phone.

aravuus

Urgh, fucking Uplay. Tried adding the South Park .exe and Uplay .exe to Steam, but DS4 doesn't work in either. If I push down either of the triggers it displays a green "A" instead of the space icon in main menu, so clearly it thinks the triggers belong to an xbox controller, but otherwise only X and the d-pad works. Any ideas?

e: well, for some reason DS4Windows decided to actually work this time, so I guess I'll just never turn off the game, the computer or DS4Win any more before I've finished the game lol.

Pilgrimzero

Had an issue with a black screen (and thus needing a reboot) that I seemed to get around by starting the game from Uplay instead of from Steam.

I hear Alt-Enter also fixes it.

Game was kind of chugging, but that may mean I need to lower my settings.

I think that if you just reinstall google authenticator on your current phone and log in and maybe go through the process of "recovering your account" or whatever it is in google authenticator, it will work for you again.

It did for me recently when I changed phone.

Tried that, nothing. Again I'm pretty sure my account got hacked more then anything else.

I can’t seem to redeem my season pass code that came in my copy. I followed the instructions, but it says something about needing to redeem on a different website.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Amazon copy wasn't coming till Thursday cancelled it just bought it off xbl. Waiting till 5 now. Can't wait to go home and play.

nOoblet16

CD Key issue resolved but now I'm getting a black scree. launching from Uplay didn't help either, nor did Alt+Enter.

Great !

Ctlead

Banned

Damn. Sorry to hear that. :(

Don't know if it's all retailers but Gold edition season pass codes on Xbox one seem to not be working across the board. Already talked to MS, they said they have gotten multiple people trying to get it fixed but there is nothing they can do. Will have to contact ubisoft

Zutrax

Any weird stuff with the console versions? Unsteady frame rates? Load times? Etc. I remember Stick of Truth on consoles chugged really hard in some battles compared to the PC version of it. I can't imagine this game looks largely different or uses much more power than the previous ones.

Don't know if it's all retailers but Gold edition season pass codes on Xbox one seem to not be working across the board. Already talked to MS, they said they have gotten multiple people trying to get it fixed but there is nothing they can do. Will have to contact ubisoft
Ok, good to know it’s not just me. I posted earlier saying I had the same issue.

ryan299

Any weird stuff with the console versions? Unsteady frame rates? Load times? Etc. I remember Stick of Truth on consoles chugged really hard in some battles compared to the PC version of it. I can't imagine this game looks largely different or uses much more power than the previous ones.

Game crashes for me on the first toilet every time. I'm on xbox. Doing a fresh install now.

Stuart444

Haha, just got to
the fight with us vs Tweak and that on mainstreet. Couldn't help but laugh at at the Sailor Moon Quote.

Top Bottom