• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Game delayed to Q1 2013.

Finalow

I wanted this game this year. =(

ibkjrFpr1p29oN.gif
VJpXT.gif

Derrick01

Banned
This fall is still jam packed with a crazy amount of games, IMO.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Darksiders II
Dishonored
Resident Evil 6
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Assassin's Creed III
Hitman: Absolution
Halo 4
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Looking forward to each and every one of these. To hear people calling this fall "sparse" is unfathomable to me. Then again, I am a huge fan of the shooter genre, so I feel right at home with the games releasing this fall.

September and October are kind of big months but I don't see anything good in November right now, unless Hitman turns out to not suck after all....which is far from a sure thing.

Famassu

Man, Obsidian can't get a break lately.
This IS Obsidian getting a break. They don't have to rush the game out (Fallout New Vegas) and they can polish the game with the extra time instead of not polishing it due to the publisher not paying them for it (Alpha Protocol)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least it is still in development, I was curious due to THQ's recent issues.

First thing I thought too. This may have to do with the fact that Trey and Matt are involved in this and probably don't wanna see it fail.

Anth0ny

Pretty funny how everyone seems to be avoiding Q4. Makes sense though. Why bother trying to compete with COD, Halo, Ass Creed and possibly even GTAV?

zkylon

zkylewd
This IS Obsidian getting a break. They don't have to rush the game out (Fallout New Vegas) and they can polish the game with the extra time instead of not polishing it due to the publisher not paying them for it (Alpha Protocol)
I dunno, Obsidian is one of those rare developers that always release too early or too late, AP being one of the latter, apparently because of mismanagement or something like that. With THQ as fragile as it seems, a delay doesn't really spark confidence in me, and I always expect the worst when it comes to my favorite devs :(

Eusis

Pretty funny how everyone seems to be avoiding Q4. Makes sense though. Why bother trying to compete with COD, Halo, Ass Creed and possibly even GTAV?
I wonder if this might be part of why the industry is in a decline actually? It seems for whatever reason games simply will not sell reliably outside of that holiday window, so they go to the first quarter of the year to escape it, only to still not get their games to sell anyway. Feels like it's just a horribly fucked situation that will kill the whole thing in the end.

Games should only be announced to the public within 6 months of release, no sooner.
I feel this is sort of naive given the kind of problems that can crop up, nevermind how this simply can't apply to localization. As long as we don't have absurd situations like Final Fantasy versus 13 I think we're fine.

Wildesy

Wtf is this horrible nonsense?

The guy has a Youtube account and all he does is make a mess with food. Some people find it funny, I personally think it's retarded.

Edit: Should've read through to the second page before replying, I see it has already been covered.

Neiteio

That food gif is fascinating. It's so psychologically unnerving because he's doing everything we're conditioned not to do with food. If it's meant to go in a bowl -- he pours it on the counter. If the syrup is meant to be stirred in a glass -- he smears it with his fingers on the counter. Amazing. The way this elicits an emotional response, primal and gut-deep, makes me think it's something akin to art. I'm not even kidding. Most fascinating thing to come out of this thread.

In other news, the world ends in 2012, so pocketbooks can breathe a sigh of relief about the crush of delays to 2013.

BD1

Banned
I'm worried THQ and/or Obsidian won't be able to last that long. :-/

Well, I think South Park is a strong enough brand that another publisher would pick up the game if THQ goes under. If Obsidian goes down, that's another story...

Ugh, THQ depresses me.

Neiteio

LOL, I just noticed in the gif that he even lets the milk carton lay on its side after using it, so it's probably continuing to spill all over just offscreen. An OCD person's nightmare, lol!

Some reason I thought this was coming out weeks ago with Fez and Minecraft. I even kept checking XBLA to see if it was up yet..

Tek

I really do hope GTA 5 comes out this fall now...well hell I hope GTA comes out tomorrow who am I kidding...but I'm not a Halo/COD/AC fan...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Gaming truly is going backwards. Delaying a game to finish it...

What happened to releasing it on time, and fixing it later!

saunderez

That's 3 games down for 2012 that I would've bought, pretty much in as many weeks. I expect by the time November rolls around all that will be left is Black Ops 2 and Halo 4. 2012 sucks. I hope Darksiders 2 is a hit for THQs sake they haven't got much else to bet on this year.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So THQ Drops Devil's Third and now this,THQ is going to die very soon it seems, hope good publishers buys Volition,Vigil and Relic.

Top Bottom