• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 & Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden Gameplay Showcase Reveal

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Yes it would literally just be space marine except PG-13 and anything potentially offensive replaced by bowls of fruit.

Warcraft and Starcraft are literally Warhammer Fantasy and 40k for kids. Back in the day Games Workshop refused to give them the licence so blizzard made there own universe instead.

Zerg are literally Tyranids light
Terrans are space marines if the imperium was red necks and not British and religious fuled zealots.
Protoss are the Eldari... even down to the Dark Eldar/craftworld eldar split and talking in fucking riddles.

It's like asking "yo can I have this game but in a far more child friendly and boring universe"
It would be the Fortnite of space marine games.
Totally agree and you probably know that Warcraft is also a ripoff Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Blizzard literally plagiarized Games Workshop's Warhammer universes when they couldn't get the official licenses.

Totally agree and you probably know that Warcraft is also a ripoff Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Blizzard literally plagiarized Games Workshop's Warhammer universes when they couldn't get the official licenses.
It's not a "ripoff". Blizzard had been working on a Warhammer RTS with Games Workshop, who didn't like how it turned out and ended up terminating the contract. Blizzard kept the assets and code they had already produced and turned it into Warcraft.

Unlike what you can still read here and there on the internet though, Starcraft was never officially based on 40k, they never worked with GW on it, and it actually is a barely-hidden ripoff.

Also, Blizzard didn't make Diablo.

StueyDuck

SM2 looks like some dope ass co-op good times.

Banishers is.... meh... I feel dontnod are on the verge on making a truly great game every time, but then they go and make woke shit and then they come back to trying to make a good game and forget all they learned and make another 7 🤣.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, on Steam...

NdPfD1I.png

Perhaps Epic was right and you don't actually need forums on your platform?

One week later, I finally received the email for the beta registration. Better late than never?

(there's nothing interesting in it by the way, it's just acknowledging I've registered to their beta program, bla bla bla)

Top Bottom