• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
http://www.twitch.tv/adam_ak

I've been watching adam most of the day do Vice City 100%. Not very serious but his runs in general are pretty funny, there is so much random shit that happens in these games, it would drive me insane trying to run them.

DaBoss

iJoOd.gif

Dat -17.8 split.

EDIT: It is now -28.8...

man its always special when he streams, hes in a league of his own jesus christ

Yes, yes it is.

kylej

Banned
he had a -28.8 split? sweet jumping jesus. I talked to him in zfg's chat yesterday and he said he still plays sm64 every day he just doesn't stream much. siggy pls

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I just got the number 1 time (WR?) for Guacamelee!

Came in here looking for Guacamelee speed run stuff - congrats! What mode is that for?

I ended up getting about 8th place for normal (non 100%) at about 1:37. Pretty happy with it, but would love to see how people beat it in just over an hour. Anyone happen to know of any vids out there?

Burnburn

pretty sure i'm hearing end of july. like 25-29 or something like that. i was in romscout's stream last night and i think that's what he said. but don't quote me on that since i'm not sure

silkysmooth is right, but to reiterate direct from the SDA thread:

The marathon proper is July 25-29 (Thurs-Mon). Setup day is the 24th, and the 30th and 31st are bonus stream days.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to it :)

Pappasman

Came in here looking for Guacamelee speed run stuff - congrats! What mode is that for?

I ended up getting about 8th place for normal (non 100%) at about 1:37. Pretty happy with it, but would love to see how people beat it in just over an hour. Anyone happen to know of any vids out there?

that is a normal mode run. I've lost that spot now because i haven't played in a while. I think my time now is a 1:26 for something.

I have no idea how someone could get a 1:07 or whatever.

Velcro Fly

Three PBs and a WR during this marathon.

Must say watching Checkers3469 run Mega Man 3 and 4 back to back and rock them both was awesome. He was down to a single pixel of health in the Needle Man Doc stage but saved it and ended up getting a PB on the run.

New Yoshi's Island any% WR set today on an amazing run. Didn't get to see all of it but I was there for the end.

Also acmlm got a new PB in LttP any% no S+Q by a little more than a minute. Afterwards he entertained showing off a ton of cool glitches and things to do to softlock your game.

Jokab

Haha oh wow.

ZFG mostly has terrible Dampe luck, but in his PB (and WR) run he got it on 2nd try. Just now he was slightly ahead of WR, and to increase his Dampe luck he played this sick tune.

2nd try.

I might start running Silent Hill 4 soon. Just practicing a 100% memo run today, I managed to finish 1:45:55 with tons of mistakes and not having everything memorized.

Velcro Fly

New world record by 1:41 on first complete run of the night.

Simply fantastic. A few minor mistakes and a bit of RNG were all that happened.

1:24:25

My chat has been bust for the last 5 or so hours now, GG EU twitch.

Great time and easily improve-able because of the slow spoils bag at the beginning and the missed light arrow show at the end, I did not watch the entire thing.

4:30 will happen at some point.

LordAlu

I was watching this but couldn't commentate due to Twitch chat being Twitch chat. Some godlike stuff in this run and still plenty of mistakes made.

Top Bottom