• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

I was watching the run last night on my ipad, kept falling asleep then being woken by his shouting lol, all good. Shame that it all went downhill at the end.

meijiko

I love Runnerguy. Since I watched him at AGDQ, I've turned on his stream whenever I see him online. He's probably my favorite speedrunner now.

Last night was pretty crazy. There was a Franker Z train that would spam a channel, ask for directions, then go spam whatever channel they were sent to next. They were actually told to "Follow" whoever they were sent to, so it actually did some good for some of the lesser-known speedrunners. I didn't participate, but it was fun following the train around and seeing the reactions of people, especially those who had no idea what it was.

It should be known that UltraJman has a mod that banned every Franker Z in a power trip. It was a massacre.

cacophony

Twitch admin Itaku is a fucking douche. He's IP banning people for the FrankerZ train

yeah, I got banned :( not IP tho it seems

Dizzy-4U

hello everyone
Big fan of your stream man. Those Mario Party/Mario Kart streams with you, jape, sicko and trv are the greatest thing ever. They bring me right back to the 90's.

Also, keep working on that Megaman 9, I watch every time I see your stream live.

Edit: Oh damn, just noticed that jape also posted here. Welcome dude!

spode

Everyone should come watch Trihex do 100% WR attempts of Yoshi's Island! I find YI 100% to be quite similar to SM64 120 star runs. Also, he's got a ton of pro Smash Bros Melee-players in the chat right now (mostly cuz of SSBM at EVO '13 hype but anyway :))!

http://www.twitch.tv/trihex/new

Frolow

Banned
Almo beat his WR in Paper Mario TTYD by 2 minutes. It could have been a sub 6 hour run if the RNG didn't screw him over multiple times.

And I'm sad that I couldn't catch the Super Metroid WR, that game is one of my favorites to watch.

Almo beat his WR in Paper Mario TTYD by 2 minutes. It could have been a sub 6 hour run if the RNG didn't screw him over multiple times.

And I'm sad that I couldn't catch the Super Metroid WR, that game is one of my favorites to watch.

I lucked out and started watching about an hour before it happened, so many runs I have missed because you do not know about them :(

One of the better ones was watching was0x first do the TT skip in any% diddy kong racing, chat went nuts lol

Frolow

Banned
TriHard.png
"I blame that fucking TriHard"
TriHard.png

meijiko

werster has one of the best streams. this shit is just too good.

Werster takes something that would be incredibly boring to watch under normal circumstances and makes it wonderful with commentary. Kind of like Cosmo, only with more swearing and insults.

bgbball31

Speaking of Werster, he is currently BLAZING though Pokemon Fire Red. Just finished E4 round 1 at 3:08. Best he's ever done, he said.

And then he gets trolled by a Gengar, wastes a ton of Full Restores, finally kills it, gets lucky with a hitmonchan miss, gets through the fight, only to get killed by one hyper beam without it using Dragon Dance. He looked at Zapdos' nature, and it was Lonely, which doomed him from the start.

Here is a pretty funny video I found that pretty much details that feeling of "I can do it" after watching sig playing SM64. Mere mortals is all we are.

Velcro Fly

Cosmo only a few seconds off setting a WR for any% Paper Mario on his first attempt. It isn't a really strong WR right now but he went from casual playthrough to basically almost getting a WR in a little more than two weeks.

JoeFu

Banned
Cosmo only a few seconds off setting a WR for any% Paper Mario on his first attempt. It isn't a really strong WR right now but he went from casual playthrough to basically almost getting a WR in a little more than two weeks.

Didn't he also do that with Banjo? Was he close to WR/ did get a WR?

Top Bottom