• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man’s final DLC launches Dec. 21 with an Into the Spider-Verse suit

Nymphae

Banned
45367558025_b55698f8a0_k.jpg

Here’s the official synopsis from Insomniac’s post on the PlayStation Blog:

Silver Sable has stormed back to reclaim her stolen Sable International tech. With New York Police Chief Yuri Watanabe on administrative leave following her exploits against Hammerhead, Spider-Man will have to rely on unlikely allies to keep Marvel’s New York safe.​
I've been rather disappointed with the DLC suits, these new ones don't really impress me at all. The Spider-Verse suit looks the same as the classic suit. Looks like those who wanted the movie suits are SOL.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/13/18139142/spider-man-dlc-3-silver-lining-release-date-new-suits

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I really wanted the Raimi suit. This is disappointing. I hope there will be more DLC next year. That Into the Spider-Verse suit looks great but I'm not a big fan of the other two.

Codes 208

I have a few problems with this game and the lack of the GOAT (Sam raimi trilogy) suit is definitely one of them.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love that they go so deep, but I don't understand why they are playing keep away with the suits everyone wants.
If only the DLC went that deep. The DLC feels like it could have done better in the actual game versus being paid for DLC. The actual plot doesn't even hint at these suits. I realize that's why its fun and enjoyable (fighting game suits do this). The plot for most of these suits would be more interesting as DLC. They obviously have to keep the pacing and stay in the world they already created. I'd honestly take the suits over the story based DLC.

Lastyou1

Banned
The suits suck, the way they wrote Hammerhead and Silver Sable suck.
I am a huge fan of the base game, calling it my goty, but the DLC really suck.

I don't even care for the Raimi suit, I just wanted the Sensational Ben Reilly suit.

Ozrimandias

Everybody ask for the costume of reimi, and is the ugliest of all the costumes that have appeared in some spiderman movie

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I like the covers for DLCs, it looks like covers for Spider Man comic books. Why couldn't base game have cool cover art like this instead really dull one we got.
12Xrx8z.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The reverse cover is pretty cool I think...
Oh yeah, now that looks much better. Why couldn't this be the original cover? Why people who in charge of marketing thinks we like dull and boring covers arts?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Oh yeah, now that looks much better. Why couldn't this be the original cover? Why people who in charge of marketing thinks we like dull and boring covers arts?

Yeah not sure, the default cover is rather dull. They probably have to include the PS4 branding, all the associated logos, legal stuff, etc., but I don't think that prevents a good designer from knocking it out of the park. I'm just glad they spent the extra cash on the reverse cover, looks great with no superfluous crap anywhere.

Nymphae

Banned
All these suits and I still use the Insomniac original one

I actually really like the design of that one too, the bone looking stuff on his hands looks cool. But I found that the colours on that suit looked really faded when compared to the rest. Which is really weird I thought because you think they'd want their own suit design to pop. Not sure if anyone else noticed this or if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. I nearly always rock the Stark suit, or Scarlet Spider.

kyussman

Looking forward to it.....the dlc's have just been more of the same but I expected nothing else.The design and mechanics of the game have been so much fun,more of it is fine for me.

Zimmy68

Glad I waited on the DLC. They should have told everyone upfront that it wasn't possible (like they did with the black suit).
Instead they teased it (twitter images with the Raimi logo) and told everyone they would have to wait and see (and buy the DLC).
Now we get the final DLC details and it 3 wasted slots.
1 suit is just the classic suit which we have 3 of already.
1 suit looks like a reskin of another armor suit in game (who is asking for armor suits, seriously?)
And one looks like a fan concept made on a dare. I didn't think a suit could look stupider then the punk suit, but I was wrong.
I'll eventually get the DLC but now I will wait for a sale.
Only the second game I platinumed on the PS4 and have no interest in DLC content, its a shame really.

Nymphae

Banned
1 suit looks like a reskin of another armor suit in game (who is asking for armor suits, seriously?)

I really like the Spider-Armour from the 2nd DLC. The rest I dislike, but that one is cool, the silver one.

Totally agree with you on their treatment of the DLC in general though.

Silent Duck

Insomniac missed the most important suit of all...
The Amazing Bag Man (with Kick Me sign on the back)
2plsmd.jpg

Well, maybe in the sequel.

Dacon

Banned
I like the covers for DLCs, it looks like covers for Spider Man comic books. Why couldn't base game have cool cover art like this instead really dull one we got.
12Xrx8z.jpg

These are actually illustrated by Adi Granov, a fantastic comic artist.

meirl

Banned
Finally. Hopefully they will stop releasing more suits. For every damn suit there is a new thread. It’s so damn annoying.

Nymphae

Banned
Finally. Hopefully they will stop releasing more suits. For every damn suit there is a new thread. It’s so damn annoying.

Yeah wow 3 threads for 3 different DLC drops, I don't know how you're even supposed to be able to find anything else in the gaming forum with all these Spider-man topics cluttering the board. I'd suggest just not reading them, but the sheer number of them is just annoying and should be moderated in some way at this point. But like you said hopefully Insomniac just stops putting content out for it so the fans have nothing to discuss and this gaming forum can get back on track.

Last edited:
Top Bottom