• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spidey, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis announced for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite at SDCC

It's most likely Robbie Daymond, who voices Spider-Man in the new cartoon coming to Disney XD later this summer. Robbie also voiced Goro Akechi in Persona 5 & Smokey Brown in the English dub of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency.
That's too bad, Josh is the definitive Spider-Man voice to me. Though I do still like Robbie so it'll be interesting to hear his take.

Neoxon

That's too bad, Josh is the definitive Spider-Man voice to me. Though I do still like Robbie so it'll be interesting to hear his take.
As I said earlier, Josh Keaton is still on Marvel's payroll. It's just that Josh now voices Scott Lang/Ant-Man instead of Spider-Man.

I find it odd that they had to borrow from Green Goblin for Spider-Man's level 3. You'd think they could just make something up fr him on their own. I suppose they wanted to show off his Spider-Sense though? Still kind of confused how that move hasn't been added in as a counter.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
We might get more reveals tomorrow but we will see.

You should read OP (Discussion Thread 2) It have new leak information there.

Again, this is probably what the roster is gonna shape up as:

X25ZuVd.png

AESplusF

Do they? All of the characters in Injustice 2 animate almost exactly the same as they do in Injustice 1.

I'll admit I haven't seen much of Injustice 2, but from what I've seen the characters look remodeled or at least heavily touched up.

I can see that I've poked the beehive but why is it that you have a bunch of people complaining about reused assets in MvC:I? They haven't done enough to make them feel fresh.

Dahbomb

So only 4 characters are left from the list that have to be officially revealed.

Ghost Rider, Dormammu, Firebrand and Monster Hunter. Dorm and Firebrand were leaked so we know they are in.

Ghost Rider and Monster Hunter are the final pieces of the puzzle left. Beyond that is uncharted territory as far as I am concerned because stuff like Winter Soldier and Grandmaster run the gamut in terms of what they could be (NPC, DLC, day 1 etc).

What a silly argument you're trying to make. Some moves are the same but the animations for them have been redone from scratch. You're saying 3rd Strike reuses assets from Street Fighter 2 because Ryu throws hadokens in both games.

How would you know if they remade them from scratch from 4 to 5? Obviously I'm not saying that terrible straw man

Neoxon

I almost forgot, Robbie Daymond (likely MvCI Spidey) also voiced Mumen Rider in the English dub for One Punch Man.

vg260

I find it odd that they had to borrow from Green Goblin for Spider-Man's level 3. You'd think they could just make something up fr him on their own. I suppose they wanted to show off his Spider-Sense though? Still kind of confused how that move hasn't been added in as a counter.

It is kinda odd. I assume it means they didn't add any actual use for it in-game which is a bummer.

jett

D-Member
How would you know if they remade them from scratch from 4 to 5? Obviously I'm not saying that terrible straw man

Because I can see that the animations are different? They're only similar in an overall sense, like Ken throwing a rotating kick. Let me whip out a quick comparison

nLSzhnc.gif

MboFWTC.gif

SFV's animation is considerably more detailed and complex.

Any SF4 animation would look horribly out of place. Which is why something like Cammy's new air throw sticks out like a sore thumb, because it's not up to the quality of the rest of the game.

smurfx

get some go again
level 5 frank west better run out at some point. a lot of characters could only deal with him in umvc3 if they had assists.

They all looked ripped out of MvC3. Haggar's super grab is straight up the same. Spidey has a new super though and it looks cool? But why the goblin grenades?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They all looked ripped out of MvC3. Haggar's super grab is straight up the same. Spidey has a new super though and it looks cool? But why the goblin grenades?
Haggar's super grab is actually the only thing about him that seems changed from MvC3 lol It has a different animation.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
level 5 frank west better run out at some point. a lot of characters could only deal with him in umvc3 if they had assists.

I'm looking forward for that. He's going to be crazy in this game with Infinity stones.

If you are talking about level 3 hyper then you should know that it's not exactly same animation.

nded

Green Goblin is a creepy weirdo stalker that keeps trying to rule this city with Spiderman.

smurfx

get some go again
Haggar's super grab is actually the only thing about him that seems changed from MvC3 lol It has a different animation.
he did that downwards punch before landing the level 3. i wonder if it was an overhead.

edit: looking at it again it seemed like it dragged the character to him. maybe it was an infinity stone or something.

Not really relevant... but hey, its characters they have and they can use so why not.
haggar was one of the most popular characters in mvc3 and umvc3. he at the very least is still relevant.

What the hell are you talking about?? Name a game at EVO that had reused assets

Are you kidding?

It boggles my mind how much of a pass Tekken gets in this regard.

The supposed best selling fighting game series of all time, yet 90% of the gaming population can't tell that LARGE QUANTITIES OF ANIMATIONS ARE OLD AS DIRT.

I'm talking DECADES here. From 1997 even.

Blueblur1

If I spot an animation that looks identical to one in MvC3 it's recycled as far as I'm concerned. New supers are definitely new work but if Ryu's jumping medium kick looks identical to the same move in MvC3 then it's recycled until proven otherwise by Capcom.

BiggNife

Conversely, why do you think it was okay then?
I feel like MvC2 did get a pass mainly because, if I remember correctly, 56 characters in a fighting game was unheard of at that time. Even KOF didn't have that many. The sheer amount of content was enough to look past the fact that it was mostly recycled.

MvCI doesn't have the benefit of a massive roster, and even if it did, 50+ characters isn't as eye-grabbing as it was 17 years ago.

Dirtbag

It's not that some assets are reused, but how much of it feels stale and not refreshed at all.
It's about how few original touches actually are in there so far. How the overwhelming majority of it is a retread.

Throw in a mechanics system that changes the formula that the game has become known for, and then openly admit that the dlc will be the new content we aren't getting with the base... yeah this is why we are bitching. It's a sham, I hope its a failure

Ooooh look flashy new level 3's... Give me a break

Top Bottom