• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Testfire Thread: This is a port...able game now

Tabasco

I'm at work now (should've brought my Switch... GAH!), but will definitely be on at 11pm and 7 am tomorrow!

I'm a kid now, I'm a squid.
Haha same here, except I chose not to bring mine since I don't mind waiting until tonight to play.

w0s

giphy.gif

enjoy the first hour yall

phish does this to all of us!

Now we need them to cover one of the splatoon songs.

Mega

Banned
Jealous of all of you that get to play while the rest of us are stuck at work! This should be a 72-hour (Friday-Sunday) event!

Hindl

good times :)

Indeed it was. I was close to that guy haha. Was probably only a few feet offscreen on the left side

I don't get what it's from ;(

It's just a livestream from a concert that happened around New Years Eve a few months ago. The camera crew caught that guy with a dumbfounded look on his face and held the camera on him during a song, and when the song peaked they went back to him and that was his reaction

I can't play during the first testfire, but I'll watch the GB stream and join in later tonight

Work sucks right now. Can't play.

Will have to wait for tonight's testfire.

I haven't downloaded it. You think there will be a problem downloading after the 1st testfire?

Thanks.

Lren

Played a little bit of the first game though I not more than two hours. Liked it enough, just had other things going on. With the portability of the Switch, I am really looking forward to giving this one more of a shot however. Dunno which control scheme I want to try though.

Hindl

phish does this to all of us!

Now we need them to cover one of the splatoon songs.

Lol I've always wanted to ask you if your avatar was the donut pattern but since there isn't a complete circle in the picture I was never sure

javac

I'm going to try this first test in portable mode, want to see how well the motion works. If it works well I fear for my life, portable Splatoon is going to be the death of me.

hatchx

Banned
So 30 more minutes? So happy I have today off. I havnt been able to play Splatoon since my gamepad broke over a year ago.

Really no point trying to play from a moving train with my phone as a hotspot, right?

I'd still try. I'm hoping to play today too, I'm sitting in a dock in PA, getting my trailer loaded so we shall see if they take long enough that I can get in on today's test fire. If not I will take a break tomorrrow and the next day around test fire time.

I'll be trying detached Joy-Cons on the television for the first round. I'm concerned about Joy-Con connectivity (as I've run into issues with Zelda while Internet usage and signal interference in the house are high, and haven't been able to tear myself away from Zelda long enough to send my unit in for repair) but that's what I mean to test, possibly at the expense of my poor Testfire teammates.

Definitely looking forward to what the gyro sensitivity is like with the two-hand setup, though, as for my hands it's by far the most comfortable way to play. I'll probably try tabletop for the second session tonight to test some connectivity as well as playability on the small screen.

B00TE

Recording junk ready to go. I still have my videos from the first testfire of the original game, ended up rewatching the hell out of those while waiting for the game to actually drop. Might as well do it again. :p

Top Bottom