• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass Wave 2: Side Order launches February 22nd

Cyberpunkd

Can I hijack this thread to ask:

Is it worth it to buy Splatoon 2 if I want my daughter to try it? Will the split-screen work with a single joy con?

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Is it worth it to buy Splatoon 2 if I want my daughter to try it? Will the split-screen work with a single joy con?
It doesn't work with a single joycon that I'm aware of. The best way to play it is with gyro which basically acts as a 3rd joystick. It's best played on a pro controller. Despite the kid friendly visuals, the game has relatively complex controls. A lot of so called pro gamers on here still can't even figure out how to use gyro apparently.

The game has a short-ish campaign made up of small levels that act as tutorials mostly, but they're fun. Then there's a great co-op mode, and multiple vs modes. The vs modes do have a lot of skilled players. If you wanted to only play single player content, the Octo Expansion is totally worth it, but it ups the difficulty.

I'd say it's worth it if you also want to play it, because it's possible a young kid may not be able to.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

It doesn't work with a single joycon that I'm aware of. The best way to play it is with gyro which basically acts as a 3rd joystick. It's best played on a pro controller. Despite the kid friendly visuals, the game has relatively complex controls. A lot of so called pro gamers on here still can't even figure out how to use gyro apparently.

The game has a short-ish campaign made up of small levels that act as tutorials mostly, but they're fun. Then there's a great co-op mode, and multiple vs modes. The vs modes do have a lot of skilled players. If you wanted to only play single player content, the Octo Expansion is totally worth it, but it ups the difficulty.

I'd say it's worth it if you also want to play it, because it's possible a young kid may not be able to.
Thank you.

John Bilbo

I don't remember Splatoon 2 having splitscreen.

I think only Splatoon 1 has some smaller game modes designed for 2 player splitscreen.

Cyberpunkd

I don't remember Splatoon 2 having splitscreen.

I think only Splatoon 1 has some smaller game modes designed for 2 player splitscreen.
Just checked and you are correct: https://en-americas-support.nintend... Splatoon,screen multiplayer is not available.)

the office rage GIF

Kabelly

i know we got a small glimpse of gameplay before but i was hoping to see a bit more in this trailer. i still haven't bought the dlc because i want to see what it really is. i guess it'll be more explain closer to release. glad we got a date at least..
xXOv462.gif

Oh man, hopes & dreams of a big Feb Direct are fading fast. New trailers for DK vs Mario, then Peach yesterday, and now Side Order DLC. That would’ve made the perfect shadow drop in the Feb Direct

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Its pretty addicting, and gets hard really fast. Floor 5 almost wiped me and thats not far at all.

Acht is a cool looking new character.

Some cool music of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom