• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Showdown Series: Online Tournaments Sponsored by Nintendo and Battlefy

DaBoss

"Battlefy and Leagues Under the Ink (a league made by the competitive Splatoon community) introduce the Splatoon Showdown Series! Play in open, online Splatoon tournaments every weekend of November for a chance to win fun prizes. Each weekend you'll compete in a different game mode in Splatoon. The top four teams from each qualifier will be invited to the finals the following week."

dHExTIG.jpg
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/790977503498153984

Link to the bracket where you can sign up and see rules/details: https://battlefy.com/splatoon

Schedule:
Turf War
Qualifier 1: November 5th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Qualifier 2: November 6th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Finals: November 12th, 10:00 AM Pacific

Tower Control
Qualifier 1: November 12th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Qualifier 2: November 13th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Finals: November 19th, 10:00 AM Pacific

Splat Zones
Qualifier 1: November 19th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Qualifier 2: November 20th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Finals: November 26th, 10:00 AM Pacific

Rainmaker
Qualifier 1: November 26th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Qualifier 2: November 27th, 1:00 PM Pacific
Finals: December 3rd, 10:00 AM Pacific

The top 4 teams of each of the qualifiers play in the finals of their respective mode for these prizes:
1st Place Prize (x4)
Exclusive Poster Autographed by the Splatoon Development Team
Splatoon Plush
Splatoon Series amiibo Figures (3-pack set)
Squid Pin
Splatoon Squid Collectible Figure

2nd Place Prize (x4)
Splatoon Series amiibo Figure
Splatoon Plush
Squid Pin

3rd Place Prize (x4)
Splatoon Plush
Squid Pin

Only four members from each team will receive prizing.

-----------------------------
I'm glad to see Nintendo do this. I'm very excited for it.

It is really something to see Nintendo investing in the eSport scene like this, specially considering the Switch commercial.

I wonder if they plan to develop other games, besides Splatoon and Smash, with a competitive scene in mind.

timshundo

Man I think I'm pretty good at splatoon and would love to participate in this but I don't know the first thing about starting a team.

Robotguy

I'm glad that we're finally getting an official tournament in NA. Though as a former competitive player I wish we got them sooner, as it may have helped the competitive scene take off.

So as it turns out, there was some strong competition in this tourney hehe T_T the showdown was rough at the start, but it went fairly smoothly after. I hope to make time for the other events!

DaBoss

The team I'm in made it through qualifier 1 (placing 2nd) and we're going to partake in the finals next Saturday.

The team is called "who?". 😁

Jims

Even though the first tourney was just Turf War, it was a pretty exciting event to watch. Watched some of the 2dos SRL stream and there were some crazy close finishes to some of the games. It was unique seeing the different kinds of lineups they were rolling out for Turf.

Judd's final score calculation was actually kind of tense sometimes.

Regiruler

Is there any interest in getting a quasi-casual team together for the Tower Control round on Saturday?

They're streaming the turf war finals and I think there might be more of a fire to participate.

DaBoss

Whoops, forgot to post when the finals started.

It finished an hour or 2 ago and the results are:

1st - Deep Blues
2nd - Kairos
3rd - SpeedRunsLive

Right now the TC qualifiers are going on.

Top Bottom