• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell creative Maxime Beland resigns following sexual misconduct allegations

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a statement issued to VGC on Friday, Ubisoft confirmed Beland had left his position “effective immediately” and said it would continue to investigate the allegations made against him.

Beland had only recently rejoined the publisher after a short period at Epic. In January he was made a VP on Ubisoft’s editorial team, the influential creative group which steers the direction of all its games.

Maxime Beland was previously a founding member of Ubisoft Toronto and the creative director for Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Conviction, as well as the design director for the original Assassin’s Creed.

On Friday Ubisoft confirmed that another editorial VP, Tommy François, had been placed on disciplinary leave pending the outcome of an investigation.

One other individual in its Toronto studio has been terminated “for engaging in behaviors that do not align with what is expected of Ubisoft employees,” it said. Other investigations are “ongoing and will be conducted rigorously,” according to the publisher.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is this some twitter allegations? If true, than fuck him, if twitter than "stay strong".

jigglet

Banned
I agree if he's actually guilty then feed him to the sharks. But...

Just think of how many careers and lives will be ruined by these "trial by social media". Legal due process? Innocence until proven guilty? Lol fuck that shit, right?

From what I read there was an internal investigation. It continues but they put him off the field for now; I'd assume they found some solid evidence then. Hope justice will be served. (Also, one other guy was kicked out of Ubi Toronto; Andrien Gbinigie was accused there; not sore if it's him )

Are they working a new Splinter Cell?

Last edited:
I agree if he's actually guilty then feed him to the sharks. But...

Just think of how many careers and lives will be ruined by these "trial by social media". Legal due process? Innocence until proven guilty? Lol fuck that shit, right?

I would like to know some details though. I mean, i heard one of these stories on twitter (might have been someone at Ubi actually) that he (from what i understood) seemed to have just asked a girl out, and she got uncomfortable and it became a sexual misconduct allegation. It just seems like sometimes, it could easily get out of hand.

Obviously if its people taking advantage of their positions and forcing it, then yes, fuck them.

Top Bottom