• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Double Agent (PS3) announced

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
cank stoochie said:
i really dont know why microsft paid money for sc5 exclusivity. ubisoft shitiness plus the fact that they keep pumping out their games on a yearly basis has pretty much rendered the usesless. its not a game you will be desperate to play or buy a console for.
SC5 is being done by the A Team: Ubisoft Montreal. SC4 was produced by Ubisoft Shanghai who previously worked on Pandora Tomorrow, which until SC4 was also considered the worst Splinter Cell. The epic and badass SC1 and SC3 was done by Ubisoft Montreal. Shanghai needs to stick to fine tuning the multiplayer and never touch the single player portion again.

PS3 owners avoid this game.

TekunoRobby said:
SC5 is being done by the A Team: Ubisoft Montreal. SC4 was produced by Ubisoft Shanghai who previously worked on Pandora Tomorrow, which until SC4 was also considered the worst Splinter Cell. The epic and badass SC1 and SC3 was done by Ubisoft Montreal. Shanghai needs to stick to fine tuning the multiplayer and never touch the single player portion again.

i really dont give a **** who makes what. i just hate ubisoft with a passion. they alongside other multiplatform whores can rot in hell for all i care

theBishop

Banned
cank stoochie said:
i really dont know why microsft paid money for sc5 exclusivity. ubisoft shitiness plus the fact that they keep pumping out their games on a yearly basis has pretty much rendered the usesless. its not a game you will be desperate to play or buy a console for.

I felt that way about them with the first 2 on Xbox. But by the time Chaos Theory came out, it was clear the franchise was going to be another annual meh-fest.

Its a shame really.

theBishop

Banned
TekunoRobby said:

Dude, Pandora Tomorrow started the multiplayer. Its the best in the series as far as i'm concerned. The story wasn't as good as the first one, but the multiplayer more than made up for it.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
cank stoochie said:
i really dont give a **** who makes what. i just hate ubisoft with a passion. they alongside other multiplatform whores can rot in hell for all i care
Oh, then tell us how you really feel.

theBishop said:
Dude, Pandora Tomorrow started the multiplayer. Its the best in the series as far as i'm concerned. The story wasn't as good as the first one, but the multiplayer more than made up for it.
Nope, SC3 reigns supreme! True on the multiplayer on Pandora Tomorrow. While the single-player was kinda whack multiplayer completely made up for all its faults.

Bad_Boy said:
UBI_SCDA_SpyFem01.jpg

that thong has gotta be uncomfortable while she's...uhh....spying. I take it, its a MP only skin?

Most likely she will be playable during co-op missions or online.
She might also have side-missions (aka MGS2:Substance w/ Snake's side-missions)

TekunoRobby said:
Oh, then tell us how you really feel.

Nope, SC3 reigns supreme! True on the multiplayer on Pandora Tomorrow. While the single-player was kinda whack multiplayer completely made up for all its faults.
they just make soo mad. damn them

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
cank stoochie said:
they just make soo mad. damn them
Ubisoft franchise whoring is kinda shitty I agree. They have so many properties to work with, they don't exactly have to release a new version of them EVERY year.

squicken

TekunoRobby said:

Ubi Shanghai never worked on either games' MP. That was handled by Ubi Annecy.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
squicken said:
Ubi Shanghai never worked on either games' MP. That was handled by Ubi Annecy.
They didn't do the co-op? It had its major problems on Chaos Theory but it was a solid foundation. I would love for a full-fledged story-driven return in SC5. They could incorporate it into the single-player mode similar to GoW. :drools

jimbo

Banned
I can't tell if there's a lot of sarcasm in this thread, or if people really are excited about this news.

In other news, Madden 2007, previously on Xbox 360(and a million others) now available on PS3.

jimbo said:
I can't tell if there's a lot of sarcasm in this thread, or if people really are excited about this news.

In other news, Madden 2007, previously on Xbox 360(and a million others) now available on PS3.

Umm... this thread is old so.. the excitement is old..

It was bumped to post the latest news about the game including a female character

1) 360 Double Agent = suckage, and I don't see how adding a new character model can fix it.
2) Make that lousy character model. Ugh.
3) The co-op in Chaos Theory makes it a much better game than SC or SC:pT. It's brilliant and should have been carried over to 360 DA.

squicken

beermonkey@tehbias said:
1) 360 Double Agent = suckage, and I don't see how adding a new character model can fix it.
2) Make that lousy character model. Ugh.
3) The co-op in Chaos Theory makes it a much better game than SC or SC:pT. It's brilliant and should have been carried over to 360 DA.

The XBOX version of DA still has online coop, and is the superior version. Be nice if it was added to DA for PS3.

Roby: Not sure who did the coop, but the spies vs mercs was done by Annency.

cank stoochie said:
You make it sound as though Ubisoft killed your dog. BTW, multiplatform is the future of gaming so you might as well get used to it or pick a different hobby you won't "hate" so much.

JB1981

Definitely worth a look for software-starved PS3 owners. The online play is unique and fun, imo, and the single player is worth a playthrough. The new female character will be a lot of fun if she moves just like the spies in MP. I would've end up playing the MP a lot more if Gears and other games didn't come out a few weeks after this game.

rkenshin

So the female skin can be used in single player?

Be cool to see a woman talk like Sam Fisher (reminds me of MGS2's Theatre mode)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JB1981 said:
Definitely worth a look for software-starved PS3 owners.
The thing is, I dont think I'll be "software starved" by the time it comes out. February and beyond is going to put a hurtin on my wallet.

I don't understand porting PS2 games to PS3. The PS2 game is available and BCble on the PS3.

Like Smackdown vs Raw 2007 on PS2, Yukes decided not to port it to PS3 and go grilled by Vince McMahon.....

but when you think about it, why port it? higher res textures? it's on PS2.

BC for the win

make NEW PS3 games please

theBishop

Banned
JB1981 said:
Definitely worth a look for software-starved PS3 owners. The online play is unique and fun, imo, and the single player is worth a playthrough. The new female character will be a lot of fun if she moves just like the spies in MP. I would've end up playing the MP a lot more if Gears and other games didn't come out a few weeks after this game.

Thanks for reminding me about the multiplayer. I had really cooled on this game, but if they get the multiplayer working well on the PSN, I'll gladly throw down with any gaffers here :)

I had forgotten how many hours i sank into Pandora Tomorrow that summer...

If Live didn't cost $50/year i'd still be playing it.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I wouldn't wish this game on my worst enemy.

JBA MISSIONS FOR THE ****ING LOSE. IF I DON'T HAVE MY GEAR, IT'S NOT SPLINTER CELL.

vpance

I actually liked those JBA missions. They're good breaks in between the regular stealth levels. SC4 was the best single player experience for me out of all the SC's hands down. I enjoyed the locales and missions much more. And story-wise I actually managed to stay interested this time. Can't speak for multi since I didn't bother checking that out.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dr_Cogent said:
I wouldn't wish this game on my worst enemy.

JBA MISSIONS FOR THE ****ING LOSE. IF I DON'T HAVE MY GEAR, IT'S NOT SPLINTER CELL.

Everything he has said about this game is true. The next gen version is f*cking awful.

AWFUL

The way it ends just rubs iodine laced salt into the wound as well. Ubisoft Shanghai needs to keep their mitts off of my Splinter Cell franchise. Come up with their own shittastic IP that they can feel free to f*ck with all they want.

Top Bottom