• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Persona 5 Spoiler Thread | Steal your heart; steel yourself

cilonen

To be fair to Ryuji he prefers to hang out with the Phantom Thief girls. I'm pretty sure he mentioned that at the beach and only went to start hitting on randoms after the girls made their own plans.

What about the firework festival! Idiot was about to brush off Queen and Panther at the first sign of any interest from other girls. The "Hell no" dialog option isn't strong enough for that scene, I wanted a "Go fuck yourself Ryuji" option for that one.

PK Gaming

I dunno, playing through P4 again after knowing the truth I thought it was pretty obvious that Adachi, with the proper context, was actually a deeply unhappy man. He hid it as jokes but there was always a twinge of deep seated angst in his lines.

I also found Adachi to be a much better and more believable character though. Akechi was cartoonish nonsense and feels really out of place in his own game--Adachi on the other hand is all too disturbingly real, much like most of P5's palace villains.

Adachi is like the perfect representation of an MRA asshole. Entitled, monstrously sexist, narcissistic, and dangerous. When he talks about joining the police because it would let him legally own a gun, my skin crawls. Too real.

Ryuji was insufferable. I really hated him and found no reason to like him. I don't care if he's your bro.. just fuck off. All he says is for real?! ad nauseum. I also really HATED how he constantly picked fights with a cat. Fucking grow up.

Zafir

I mean I don't like Ryuji that much, but I blame Morgana just as much as Ryuji in terms of their bickering. Morgana kept shitting on Ryuji, so it's no wonder Ryuji then used Futaba being more useful as ammunition against him.

LotusHD

Banned
Ryuji was insufferable. I really hated him and found no reason to like him. I don't care if he's your bro.. just fuck off. All he says is for real?! ad nauseum. I also really HATED how he constantly picked fights with a cat. Fucking grow up.

Mona started it, got what he deserved. Found it hilarious that they really expected me to side against Ryuji during Mona's leave of absence. Y'all were both in the wrong, do better.

I found the comparisons glaring.

Personality: both are bitter and angry at the unfairness of the world around them or, specifically, to them.
Motive: Admittedly different -- Adachi didn't have a motivation besides the power rush and the thrill of murder, while Akechi just wanted to get closer to his sociopathic father.
Method: both used the Shadow World/Metaverse to kill people.
Relationship with the protagonist: a twisted association originally based around lying to each other, before they both acknowledge that they have a lot in common and that their relationship with society is broken and unfair, with both choosing to react differently and to fight it in their own way.

This is such a reductionist view of both Adachi and Akechi's characters that it's physically painful to me.

Personality: That's not really either of their personalities. Adachi's more or less just an aloof dope who ran out of his final fuck to give years and years before the game's start. Akechi's a picture-perfect control freak who's very meticulous about every single little detail in his life. The bitterness is an aspect of both of them, sure, but it's not really what you see from them 99% of the time they're on screen. It's also much more prominent in Adachi than it is in Akechi. Adachi actively wanted to watch the world burn because he was so salty about his circumstances. It wasn't at all Akechi's primary goal -- he just wouldn't have been particularly pressed if it did happen. This would be like saying that Yukiko and Haru have the same personality because they're both pretty rich girls who really don't want to take over the family business and feel lost at sea because of it. It's a very small part of who they are, though it's definitely a bigger part of Yukiko than it is Haru.

Motive: Oh, buddy. If you think Akechi's motive was to be closer with his dad, you missed the whole point of his character entirely.

Method: Disagree, and this is also super reductionist. Adachi couldn't even be assed to go into the TV world at all most times, and certainly not when he killed. He just lazily shoved girls in there and laughed about it. He was also never the one who actually killed them; he always waited for Shadows to do his dirty work for him. Akechi actively pursued each of his targets, sometimes battling through entire palaces to get there, and he was always the one who pulled the trigger.

Relationship with protagonist: Adachi never openly pursued Yu from a protagonist/antagonist perspective the way that Akechi pursued Joker. Adachi lied to Yu just to cover his own ass. Akechi lied to Joker with the explicit intention of betrayal, subterfuge, and murder. Akechi also genuinely liked Joker and resented the circumstances keeping them at odds with each other, whereas Adachi never really came around to Yu. Akechi wanted to be Joker -- and short of that, wanted to be close to him, no matter what form it took. Adachi never, at any point, saw Yu as anything other than an annoying shitkid who needs to shut up, grow up, and get out of his face. Even after you beat Adachi, he's just like, "k you won, kill me so that I don't have to fucking dEAL WITH YOUR BULLSHIT ANYMORE."

The cat insulted him every chance he got.

And then started crying and running away just because Futaba stole some of his limelight.

And what ever happened to his shadow. Felt like they built up to something that never happened with those nightmares.

PK Gaming

Re: Ryuji vs Morgana

tumblr_inline_opxro4B4xp1qb9m4q_500.png

tumblr_inline_opxro4vdQ21qb9m4q_500.png

And then started crying and running away just because Futaba stole some of his limelight.

And what ever happened to his shadow. Felt like they built up to something that never happened with those nightmares.

He doesn't have a shadow because he IS a shadow (sort of), that thing was him. Igor made him out of the remaining bits of humanities hope. He's an artificial​ Teddy.

Renekton

Morgana insulted him every scene, I'd be mad salty too if I were Ryuji 😀

Thing is? Morgana only chides or insults Ryuji when he deserves it. And to be fair, the majority of the time people learn about their identities (outside of Joker's confidants) is due to Ryuji being faaaaaaar too open about their discussions.

I don't really understand why people hate on Morgana for this. They both are in the wrong, but pretending Morgana put the brunt of work into this makes no sense. The only thing I can figure is people got used to Skull missing and hear "Oh Skull, you're pathetic" when Morgana is the Nav for your party in the early game.

I like Ryuji. I do, but he is near INSUFFERABLE during the summer months especially.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean i kinda agree except that everytime mona called him an idiot i can't actually disagree.

Meanwhile mona has actually been useful mostly.

So yeah ryuji is a waste of space.

LotusHD

Banned
Thing is? Morgana only chides or insults Ryuji when he deserves it. And to be fair, the majority of the time people learn about their identities (outside of Joker's confidants) is due to Ryuji being faaaaaaar too open about their discussions.

I don't really understand why people hate on Morgana for this. They both are in the wrong, but pretending Morgana put the brunt of work into this makes no sense. The only thing I can figure is people got used to Skull missing and hear "Oh Skull, you're pathetic" when Morgana is the Nav for your party in the early game.

I like Ryuji. I do, but he is near INSUFFERABLE during the summer months especially.

Let's not downplay this, that was insufferable as fuck to keep listening to for however many hours it takes for you to get Futaba on your team. Even when he does something right, Mona always has to talk shit. It's a clear double standard where Mona goes after him for every little thing, whereas everyone else... nothing. I read a lot of posts where people say they'd gladly kick Ryuji out of the team because they're tired of being loud and obnoxious, but Mona can be just as frustrating. Would never want to hang out with someone that continually puts down others, just kills my whole vibe.

From Day 1, he started the whole bickering nonsense, so yes, I put the main brunt on him. Yea there's things where you undeniably would call Ryuji out on, but yeesh, Mona had a bone to pick...

Antiwhippy

Weird thing is i feel like they wanted to go for a friendly bantz type relationship but that clearly didn't work out.

Like how in Australia we call our friends cunts. Though i guess i don't really know if they meant to make the back and forth "give shit to each other" a friendly kind of thing.

Morgana insulted him every scene, I'd be mad salty too if I were Ryuji 😀
Except that unlike Ryuji, Morgana isn't constantly talking about being phantom thief in public, wasn't one of the nitwits that got you caught by Makoto by blabbing about it in public and wasn't saying crap like "we should tell girls we're phantom thieves to pick up chicks".

By contrast if it wasn't for Morgana you never would have learned how to be a phantom thief or even found mementos. From explaining the basics, to showing you mementos, to unlocking madarame's door, Morgana does almost all the heavy lifting in the group aside from Joker. And Morgana isn't a liability 90% of the time.

Morgana talks shit, but can back it up and Ryuji deserves a lot of it.

LotusHD

Banned
Except that unlike Ryuji, Morgana isn't constantly talking about being phantom thief in public, wasn't one of the nitwits that got you caught by Makoto by blabbing about it in public and wasn't saying crap like "we should tell girls we're phantom thieves to pick up chicks".

By contrast if it wasn't for Morgana you never would have learned how to be a phantom thief or even found mementos. From explaining the basics, to showing you mementos, to unlocking madarame's door, Morgana does almost all the heavy lifting in the group aside from Joker. And Morgana isn't a liability 90% of the time.

Morgana talks shit, but can back it up and Ryuji deserves a lot of it.

Apparently not since he ended up running away and had so little confidence in himself despite him being the one that taught us the ropes. It's pretty simple, don't talk shit if you're the type whose feelings can get easily hurt.

As for Makoto, people love to forget, but Ann blabbed in public and was also recorded. Actually, everyone but maybe the MC who is quiet as fuck was blabbing in public several times throughout the game.

Let's not downplay this, that was insufferable as fuck to keep listening to for however many hours it takes for you to get Futaba on your team. Even when he does something right, Mona always has to talk shit. It's a clear double standard where Mona goes after him for every little thing, whereas everyone else... nothing. I read a lot of posts where people say they'd gladly kick Ryuji out of the team because they're tired of being loud and obnoxious, but Mona can be just as frustrating. Would never want to hang out with someone that continually puts down others, just kills my whole vibe.

From Day 1, he started the whole bickering nonsense, so yes, I put the main brunt on him. Yea there's things where you undeniably would call Ryuji out on, but yeesh, Mona had a bone to pick...

Rewatching the first scene where you and Ryuji meet Morgana, the absolute worst thing that Morgana calls him is an amateur (which to be fair, he calls Joker this too at first). RYUJI's the one who gets impatient when Morgana explains things and when Morgana (who didn't know their names at the time) calls him Blondie:

"Don't call me blondie! My name's Ryuji..."

And guess what? Morgana uses his name after that point. Ryuji (later in the game) consistently calls Morgana a cat despite the latter saying he hates that for... reasons I guess.

Throughout their entire first exchange Morgana is slightly annoyed that Ryuji isn't keeping up with their explanations but he doesn't insult him.

EDIT (RE, Ann's part in Makoto's blackmail):

"So you think it's true...? We'll be OK if we keep doing this, right?"

Ann's line isn't even incriminating if not for Ryuji literally almost shouting about being Phantom Thieves. Please, I don't hate Ryuji (I actually would have dated him if he were an option >>) but you can't exactly put all the blame on Morgana being the main antagonist in their relationship.

Antiwhippy

Yeah i don't actually remember Morgan's talking that much shit early on. It's mostly when it's pretty clear that ryuji really doesn't understand what mona was saying when it comes to the cognitive world.

Also speaking of weird stereotyping, it's kinda weird that they made the 2 blondies idiots.

Apparently not since he ended up running away and had so little confidence in himself despite him being the one that taught us the ropes. It's pretty simple, don't talk shit if you're the type whose feelings can get easily hurt.

Morgana ran away from the whole group not just because of Ryuji. He felt everyone ignored him and knowing what events will transpire, Morgana was scared he'd be deserted as he can't be a phantom thief anymore. I don't blame Morgana... there was a lot to talk about and Ryuji is such a loser.

Afrocious

I finally got to the compendium at NG+ to make alice, but that wasn't going to happen :(. I guess I figured I would get my Max Fusion XP bonuses. Dunno why I assumed that.

Might just fill the compendium with my save before the final boss.

LotusHD

Banned
Rewatching the first scene where you and Ryuji meet Morgana, the absolute worst thing that Morgana calls him is an amateur (which to be fair, he calls Joker this too at first). RYUJI's the one who gets impatient when Morgana explains things and when Morgana (who didn't know their names at the time) calls him Blondie:

And guess what? Morgana uses his name after that point. Ryuji (later in the game) consistently calls Morgana a cat despite the latter saying he hates that for... reasons I guess.

Throughout their entire first exchange Morgana is slightly annoyed that Ryuji isn't keeping up with their explanations but he doesn't insult him.

EDIT (RE, Ann's part in Makoto's blackmail):

"So you think it's true...? We'll be OK if we keep doing this, right?"

Ann's line isn't even incriminating if not for Ryuji literally almost shouting about being Phantom Thieves. Please, I don't hate Ryuji (I actually would have dated him if he were an option >>) but you can't exactly put all the blame on Morgana being the main antagonist in their relationship.

I said bickering, which I felt qualified as such. Then after he joins, that's when it turns more and more into shit-talking imo

Looking back, he may have not been that big of a dick just yet, but meh, the seeds were planted as far as I'm concerned. They're both ultimately at fault, but I'll always put more of the blame on Morgana. The only time I was really upset with Ryuji regarding Morgana leaving is when we were on the cusp of getting him to join again, and then Ryuji opened his big mouth.

Morgana ran away from the whole group not just because of Ryuji. He felt everyone ignored him and knowing what events will transpire, Morgana was scared he'd be deserted as he can't be a phantom thief anymore. I don't blame Morgana... there was a lot to talk about and Ryuji is such a loser.

Yea, but from what I see, most people seem to blame Ryuji for him leaving, which is unfair imo

Morgana's the bigger loser as far as I'm concerned. I didn't like him much after the game ended, especially with his lame attempt at getting a reaction out of us by coming back home months later. But it's been awhile now, and looking back, I really did dislike that stupid cat lol

I finally got to the compendium at NG+ to make alice, but that wasn't going to happen :(. I guess I figured I would get my Max Fusion XP bonuses. Dunno why I assumed that.

Might just fill the compendium with my save before the final boss.

Well, confidant ranks don't carry over to NG+ (key items granting a specific ability do though), and since the Arcana Burst correlates to your rank with a specific confidant it'd make sense you wouldn't get the maximum amount of EXP unless you had a maxed confidant on your file.

On that note, how long is Palace 7 comparatively (to say, 5)? I got through the barrage of cutscenes leading up to the MISSION START but I had to stop at that point.

PK Gaming

I mean i kinda agree except that everytime mona called him an idiot i can't actually disagree.

Meanwhile mona has actually been useful mostly.

So yeah ryuji is a waste of space.

Ryuji

+Driving force behind the Phantom Thieves
+Will bust his ass off to save people when others hesitates (like when Makoto recklessly lets herself get kidnapped)
+A team player
+Calling cards, yo
+Nice (to people who aren't Morgana)
+The best party member, gameplay wise
+Fastest runner
∞ Saved everyone's lives at Shido's palace
+Can take care of himself
-Is loud
-Stupid
-Is Loud and Stupid
-A liability once
-Gloryhound

Morgana
+Guides the Phantom Thieves
+Battle nav until Futaba takes over
+Saves everyone from Okumura
+Good at picking locks for some reason
+A cat
-Arrogant
-Self centered
-An asshole to people who aren't Ann / Joker (and sometimes he's an asshole to both lol)
-Not a team player
-A MAJOR liability at one point
-Joker has to look after him
-Makes a big show of disappearing forever, but then he comes back. Bastard
-The worst party member, gameplay wise

gg Morgana

That's just their first exchange though. Morgana consistently takes shot at him from that point on, in battle and outside of it. Warranted or not, they just come across as needlessly petty. Also Ryuji isn't a constant dick to him in spite of that, and there are moments where he genuinely tries to cheer him up.

Antiwhippy

Didn't we sirens a few pages taking about how ryuji isn't a team player. :p

Still, i think morgana is there to teach us that even the literal embodiment of the hope of humanity can be kind of an asshole.

We can never escape being assholes.

Which is straight up incorrect and why I fucking HATE that part of the game. HATE, HATE, HATE. Joker picks up on something being wrong before Mona ends up leaving, but Mona just refused to talk about it at all. Similarly, he mutters stuff under his breath about feeling useless, but when Joker or the others ask him to speak up and what he was saying, he just refuses. Can't refuse to talk and then get upset about being "ignored."

It also just shows a complete lack of trust and faith in the group, which makes no sense at that point. Like, if he thinks Ryuji would be a dick and just make fun of him and whatever, that would be one thing (but would also have been going too far and assuming the worst of him). But Joker and the others? No way would they just dismiss his concerns, not after everything they had been through by that point. Morgana's situation is entirely 100% self-created by having every opportunity to talk about both his nightmares about not being human and his fears about being replaced by Futaba, but instead just shrugs off every single attempt by Joker and the others to figure out what's up with him.

His fears were valid, reasonable, and understandable, but the fact that there was "a lot to talk about" and that "he felt ignored" was purely on him and no one else, and that being the case, despite his fears being valid, that section of the game really peeved me off because Mona really couldn't have handled the whole thing worse. Fuck his passive-aggressive bullshit. No duh the Phantom Thieves are going to respect you and trust you that everything's alright when every time they ask you, you insist it is and you give them no reason to think otherwise and just let it keep bubbling up, and bubbling up, and just building up some more inside until you finally blow. Of course they would be caught off guard by that suddenly happening at once, since they trusted him to speak up if something was in fact up and thought he respected them enough to be honest about it to them. Just... bleh.

I loathe Morgana and wish he could have just been a cat version of Koromaru, but he has arguably the best dungeon-clearing skillset. He's got powerful magic nukes, group healing, and Miracle Punch is a filthy, filthy skill.

Let's not act like Morgana is a special snowflake. Joker asked him multiple times if there was something bothering him and he decided to remain silent. And he acts like a prick toward Ryuji the moment he decides to leave just because Ryuji listened to Ann's and Yusuke's concerns.
Morgana's the bigger loser as far as I'm concerned. I didn't like him much after the game ended, especially with his lame attempt at getting a reaction out of us by coming back home months later. But it's been awhile now, and looking back, I really did dislike that stupid cat lol
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Morgana but the moment he said he decided he would accompany Joker back to his hometown I chose the "Let me think it over." option lol I can't believe humanity's hope turned out to be this cat.

Ryuji

+Calling cards, yo*
+Nice (to people who aren't Morgana)**
+The best party member, gameplay wise***

--------------------------------

-An asshole to people who aren't Ann / Joker (and sometimes he's an asshole to both lol)***
-Not a team player***
-Joker has to look after him***
-The worst party member, gameplay wise***

* = Which Yusuke improved upon because Ryuji is far from what you'd call eloquent with prose.

** = That's kind of the problem. XD

*** = Receipts please. Gameplay is a subjective thing (I used Yusuke far more than Ryuji) but when was Morgana not a team player exactly? The only issue I can recall when he had any sort of falling out was when Futaba took over the Nav job and the lead up to Palace 5. Unless you mean his treasure mishap in Palace 2 where Joker had to bail everyone out, which... yeah, that was all on Mona.

PK Gaming

I loathe Morgana and wish he could have just been a cat version of Koromaru, but he has arguably the best dungeon-clearing skillset. He's got powerful magic nukes, group healing, and Miracle Punch is a filthy, filthy skill.

In Morgana's defense, he's comparatively the worst character in a game filled with extremely competent characters (and not even a bad character at all). I suppose if we're taking contributions throughout the ENTIRE game, he fairs better, but...

Antiwhippy

In Morgana's defense, he's comparatively the worst character in a game filled with extremely competent characters (and not even a bad character at all). I suppose if we're taking contributions throughout the ENTIRE game, he fairs better, but...

I mean you literally can't go through mementoes without him lol.

Though i never really knew why. It's not like the dungeons were that much longer.

Also maybe arguably they couldn't have crossed the desert for futaba's palace?

Also i remembered that they got out of one palace due to monacar.

Shouta

Morgana and Ryuji's banter is friendly up until Haru's arc. They were giving and taking with each other up until that point and there wasn't any serious animosity. It's when Morgana starts losing his shit that it becomes more. Ryuji was just the natural target considering how much they went back and forth. I mean, Ryuji is the punching bag of the group anyway.

I just found him really obnoxious and unnecessary. People can say what they want about Teddie, but his arc tied into the game's themes better, and contributed significantly to fleshing out the TV World.

Plus, Scooby Doo has room for a mascot character. Lupin III and Inception do not.

Let's not act like Morgana is a special snowflake. Joker asked him multiple times if there was something bothering him and he decided to remain silent. And he acts like a prick toward Ryuji the moment he decides to leave just because Ryuji listened to Ann's and Yusuke's concerns.
Yeah, that moments particularly weird since when Joker/Ryuji/Ann and Mona became the Phantom Thieves, the like one rule they had was that they all had to agree on and be comfortable with the targets they picked. Ryuji was just trying to abide by and respect that core principle. Mona suddenly not giving a fuck about that and forgetting that and lashing out at Ryuji for that of all things, especially despite having given assurances to the group that everything was fine with him up to that pint, was what was odd and in turn lead to the others being confused.

PK Gaming

* = Which Yusuke improved upon because Ryuji is far from what you'd call eloquent with prose.

** = That's kind of the problem. XD

*** = Receipts please. Gameplay is a subjective thing (I used Yusuke far more than Ryuji) but when was Morgana not a team player exactly? The only issue I can recall when he had any sort of falling out was when Futaba took over the Nav job and the lead up to Palace 5. Unless you mean his treasure mishap in Palace 2 where Joker had to bail everyone out, which... yeah, that was all on Mona.

During that instance + when he tells to group to fuck off and goes after Okumura on his own (which destabilized his group). The best/worst part is that going after Okumura was a horrible idea to begin with.

Also, Mona should've been a girl. There's no waifu human form to worry about either, so there, fears alleviated.

That would have been way better. His crushing on Ann would have been a bit more unique as well.

I mean you literally can't go through mentors without him lol.

Though i never really knew why. It's not like the dungeons were that much longer.

Also maybe arguably they couldn't have crossed the desert for futaba's palace?

Also i remembered that they got out of one palace due to monacar.

Oh shit, I completely forgot about the Monamobile.

Bladenic

As for Makoto, people love to forget, but Ann blabbed in public and was also recorded. Actually, everyone but maybe the MC who is quiet as fuck was blabbing in public several times throughout the game.

Don't bring Ann into that mess. Ryuji is the one yelling the shit, the others would just respond to him.

But then again the dumbasses did make their hiding places a school rooftop, a fucking public walkway, and they frequently talked in the worst places (I believe the recorded convo was by the soda machines at school like wtf).

Antiwhippy

I just found him really obnoxious and unnecessary. People can say what they want about Teddie, but his arc tied into the game's themes better, and contributed significantly to fleshing out the TV World.

Plus, Scooby Doo has room for a mascot character. Lupin III and Inception do not.

But who's going to turn into a car for us?

... Yusuke?

gifs_diversos_9-21.gif

LotusHD

Banned
But then again the dumbasses did make their hiding places a school rooftop, a fucking public walkway, and they frequently talked in the worst places (I believe the recorded convo was by the soda machines at school like wtf).

Exactly, Ryuji may have been the loudest, but our group of friends don't exactly look much better by comparison...

One hundred hours and fifty minutes.

From the perspective of gameplay, easily the best in the series. From the perspective of story, well...I think I like it the least of Personas 3 through 5.

Many of the characters felt like tropey versions of those who came before. Ryuji is the angry/noisy one, like Junpei/Yosuke with a dash of Kanji. Makoto is the reserved, intelligent beauty, like Mitsuru/Yukiko. Morgana is the whiny mascot, like Teddie. Akechi is a straight-up Detective Prince like Naoto, but is most similar to Adachi -- even their names sound the same! While there were obviously similarities with the P3 and P4 characters, they were at least different enough to call upon the same character types twice...but this is the third time. I can see this wouldn't be an issue if this was your first Persona game, but I had a hard time loving this bunch as much as the earlier groups. That really came to a head at the ending, where, in Persona 4, I still have tears well up seeing the goodbye scenes, but here...I felt absolutely nothing.

These games survive mostly on the strengths of their characters, and I didn't connect with them this time. Overall, Persona 5's narrative felt like it was trodding on old ground. I was sad that Hashino was leaving the Persona series to work on his new fantasy game, but now that I've completed P5, I'm glad he's working on something new and different.

This comment is interesting for several things.

I'd say it's not that P5 characters are iterations or tropes that come from P3 and P4, but it's more like these roles are more like how writers chose to show the dynamics of one group in almost every media ever made. Comic books, anime and manga, games (not just RPGs) that have a cast of certain size usually have certain characters that fit one role. "The main character was designed first and the rest of the cast was designed to complement him", that phrase is almost written exactly like that in the Artbook included with the vanilla version of P3.

How many times haven't you met this older character that is super reliable, almost like a mentor to your party and that joins after he recovers from an injury? Yes, that's Dunban in Xenoblade Chronicles, Raven in Tales of Vesperia and Akihiko Sanada in Persona 3, and probably many more characters in other games (this role is absent in Persona 4 an 5 though). Or what about the princess that doesn't know how to interact with the world around her because of her upbringing? That's Melia, Estelle, Mitsuru Kirijo, and Haru; or what about the nerdy girl who knows about technology in ways that "typical girls" don't, like Futaba Sakura, Fuuka Yamagishi, Rita Mordio, Kitty Pryde and probably many others. I can understand the need that the Persona cast were different, but the truth is that the cast of Persona like most works of fiction fit certain roles.

To me it's actually fun to analyze how certain characters fit these roles, especially since P Studio have created their own archetypes for their main cast and support characters. I won't get tired to mention how the comparison between Junpei and Yosuke to Ryuji misses the mark because Ryuji is a different archetype; I said it in this thread many times: Ryuji is the male version of Chie, the only similar trait he has with Yosuke or Junpei is that he got to meet the MC first, but I believe Ryuji's essentially different to those two. Take for example Akihiko, according to P3 the Emperor represents a fatherly figure, which seems to fit Akihiko but not Kanji nor Yusuke, the three of them seem a little bit disconnected when it comes to interact with others though, so I kept trying to see what kind of trait they share to be considered the "Emperor", turns out that some aspects of their personalities can be present on a father: Akihiko is like a mentor, his status as your "senpai" reaffirms he's in charge of your party; and you don't want to anger Kanji because he can be as scary as your dad when he's angry; Yusuke in the other hand is like a dad that you try to understand but can't because his talents (or his generation) is so ahead of yours and you simply cannot connect with them; and then you have Hidetoshi who's always watching that you don't break any rules, and when someone accuses you of breaking them he intercedes for you because he knows you, like your dad would do; despite all of them being so different, they still fit the role of the Emperor in your party, and I believe you can analyze every single arcana and you'd find similar characteristics shared between characters of the same arcana, some of those characteristics can even be physical too.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense to some of you though =P

One thing I was hoping would come bite the Phantom Thieves in the ass was them selling the fake gold medal after Kamoshida's dungeon.

I would have chucked that thing into the fucking ocean. They're just lucky Iwai doesn't care and comes around to their side anyway.

muteki

Character art in the credits was amazing, as was the music.

I loved my time with it but I think the narrative really fell apart for me after stealing Shido's treasure. Ending didn't hit me like P4 or P3. I hope should they come around again and do a P4G-eque treatment that they massage the plot a bit in the middle a bit and especially the end.

Antiwhippy

Character art in the credits was amazing, as was the music.

I loved my time with it but I think the narrative really fell apart for me after stealing Shido's treasure. Ending didn't hit me like P4 or P3. I hope should they come around again and do a P4G-eque treatment that they massage the plot a bit in the middle a bit and especially the end.

P4G kinda ruined some parts of the plot of p4 for me so i dunno.

Lavenza, of course.

We don't want joker being locked up again.

Top Bottom