• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated. Another case of game with completely different view between reviewers and users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dontero

Banned
mod edit: this user eventually derailed the thread into another TLOU II thread which they tried yesterday as well, so locking. They are welcome to start the thread again without the agenda.

Gaming journalists it again.

unknown.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yeah, this was brought up a lot in the OT, the Gamespot one is particularly egregious. The reviewer has something like 2 other game reviews total, ever, and spent 20 hours just finishing this basic platformer that can be 100%'d in about 14.

Dontero

Banned
It is more like people who write reviews these days aren't there to play games but to do other things or they are part of conglomerate that runs those sites that write other non gaming stuff.

Reviews don't bring as many clicks as "10 things you wish you had with you on trip to Animal Crossing island"

Bankai

Reviewers should really be able to look at a game through the lense of WHAT IT IS SET OUT TO DO. Not whether its the reviewer's cup of tea or not.

This Spongebob remaster seems like a really great remaster of a fine platformer, which is exactly what it was set out to do. Therefor a 2/10 is ridiculous.

Sony

Nintendo
I usually stay away from bashing reviews because they are opinion, but holy f*ck at not being able to do the most basic of puzzles. This is rediculous, imagine being a developer/designer of the game and having to deal with this shit.

Btw, what's the point of showing the TLOUII screenshot? That doesn't help your point. TLOU II is a good game that got reviewbommed by users.
Spongebob is a good game that got reviewbommed by dumb reviewers.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Is there still alot of review bombing with TLOU2 or did they remove those fake reviews?

There was some review bombing at start. But we were talking abotu 1000 maybe 2000 people. But here you have 107 000 people writing their own reviews and giving it average of 5.1.

No way in hell you can get even 5000 people to bomb some game let alone 50 000 or 100 000. Moreover most of reviews released after game release are rather negative while all those before it are good which tells you a lot.

Basically reviews either had to write something fans would like or they were just paid to write or they were just dumb.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
"fake reviews".

People who disagree with me - fake reviews

People who agree with me - true and honest fans.

But yeah they removed negative reviews and kinda blocked new negative reviews.

They are fake reviews though, it just works both ways. Look at one of the 10/10 """reviews""":

Imagine if those leaks never happened. Players would concentrate on the whole story, without specifying certain moments. No one would play the game with leaked scenes in mind. Just try to perceive the story as a chunk, not in pieces. Maybe THEN you will understand.

That's the entire "review". It's literally just marking it 10 for the sake of combating the 1s. Metacritic needs to completely drop the 1-10 user review/comment format and just have a fucking thumbs up / thumbs down system already.

Dontero

Banned
They are fake reviews though, it just works both ways. Look at one of the 10/10 """reviews""":

There are 100 000 reviews mate. You can't "fake" 100 000 reviews. And it is going up by 1000 almost daily.
Arguing about 0/10 or 10/10 doesn't make sense too. It is what people feel about a game and they think 0/10 is good enough.

Maybe because instead of being mediacore game or bad game they actually hate game ? Have you considered that ?

People who disagree with me - fake reviews

Nope when someone gives it a zero and calls it a stupid tranny game designed for PlayStation fanboys I would call that a fake review.

You obviously haven't seen what some of the zero reviews were like.

Saying that people don't make fake reviews to troll certain games is just being dishonest. Every game suffers from this especially the ones that are exclusive.

Last edited:
There are 100 000 reviews mate. You can't "fake" 100 000 reviews. And it is going up by 1000 almost daily.
Arguing about 0/10 or 10/10 doesn't make sense too. It is what people feel about a game and they think 0/10 is good enough.

Maybe because instead of being mediacore game or bad game they actually hate game ? Have you considered that ?

The only way you could fake so many reviews so quickly is through the use of bots. I'm not sure if that's possible with Metacritic though but I've seen it happen with likes on videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom