• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spooky girl is spooky

Status
Not open for further replies.

itxaka

Defeatist
n1n9tean said:
Then, you're a sick fuck and I doubt you're from here (US). If you are from here you probably hold some satanic beliefs such as "the attack was deserved" or some shit.

lol nice.

somebody do one with jews or muslim so we can have a laugh at them instead rite?

n1n9tean

Banned
itxaka said:
lol nice.

somebody do one with jews or muslim so we can have a laugh at them instead rite?
Are you implying that I am Christian or, for that matter, religious? If so, you are wrong on both counts.

Make anything you want. I now understand the things you all find to be funny. Shit, you might as well go ahead and make that "epic" idea I suggested on the previous page. That ought to be downright hilarious around here.

itxaka

Defeatist
n1n9tean said:
Are you implying that I am Christian or, for that matter, religious? If so, you are wrong on both counts.

Make anything you want. I now understand the things you all find to be funny. Shit, you might as well go ahead and make that "epic" idea I suggested on the previous page. That ought to be downright hilarious around here.

No, I am implying that if the joke was on something else that could offend others you would have no problems with it because it does not affect you.

This is a gaming forum for god's sake, it's the fucinkg internet. Don't get so personal for things written on a weekend. It's all for fun.

See, I'm spanish, you can do a racist joke on me, call me mexican or something like that on a joke thread, I couldn't care less because it's a joke thread.

Uncle

n1n9tean said:
I have this awesome idea. You and Cheesemeister should collaborate on this epic photoshop which includes creepy girl bearing witness to MLK and JFK being assassinated, a person being lynched somewhere in the south during the 1950's, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Virginia Tech massacre, AND a sick child dying of cancer for good measure!!!! It would be GRATE!!!

Don't forget harlequin babies. They are grate too.

n1n9tean

Banned
itxaka said:
No, I am implying that if the joke was on something else that could offend others you would have no problems with it because it does not affect you.

This is a gaming forum for god's sake, it's the fucinkg internet. Don't get so personal for things written on a weekend. It's all for fun.

See, I'm spanish, you can do a racist joke on me, call me mexican or something like that on a joke thread, I couldn't care less because it's a joke thread.
Well, I mean, I'm not Christian but I was being considerate of Christians. So, it's untrue to suggest that I wouldn't defend any other party that has nothing to do with me personally but who I know would be offended.

The 911 pic relates to me because I'm an American. But, still, if someone had made fun of the subway bombings in London I would have reacted the same way. Note: WOULD HAVE. I sure won't anymore. Most people seem to be against me. There would be no use. That's why I say "go crazy."

jet1911

fistfulofmetal said:
wanting_a_meal106.jpg

Damn...

"wanting_a_meal" :lol

soultron

Banned
We might have another permutation on our hands here, gang.

EDIT: That creepy chan girl kinda has a WIDE-EYED Jolie thing going on. 'Specially with those lips. Weird.

seat

I'm reminded of the George Carlin bit where he explains that every topic can be funny, and then he proceeds to tell the audience to imagine Elmer Fudd raping Porky Pigg. I agree with this, but I think some tragedies, particularly recent ones, can be an uphill battle for poking fun. It has a lot to do with context. Someone posted the little girl in front of Hitler making a speech, but what if she was in front of a haunting photo of a pile of dead Holocaust victims? You might not be offended, but would it be funny?

The Twin Towers blowing up might be kind of a touchy image for a lot of people, and it's kind of an obvious choice if you want to reference 9/11. What if instead of the towers, the girl was in front of that photo where the Secret Service agent whispered in Bush's ear that the WTC had been attacked? Might be a less offensive and more clever way of invoking 9/11. However, would that be funnier than the towers blowing up or not funny? Honestly, curious about what people think of that.

Regardless, I think the topic of "how to make tragedies be comedic" is an interesting one.

n1n9tean said:
First, how can anyone be "over" 911?

this can be said about every tragedy happening or happened in the world, but I doubt you feel this way about heartquakes in China, terrorist attacks in Lebanon and so on

why didn't you criticize my Custer massacring indians? He was a terrorist after all

Americans: the world around us

soultron

Banned
First, how can anyone be "over" 911?

It's been ~7 years now. I'm Canadian, and after the initial year of TERROR ALERT LEVEL ORANGE buzz died down, I was over it. It was a tragedy, and will go down in history, but I'm in no way emotionally affected by it today. I can't really be forced to care about it because I knew no one in the towers or who had family who worked in it or for emergency/police services. I have a certain level of compassion for those that lost someone to 9/11, but in the end, I really don't care about it anymore.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
seat said:
The Twin Towers blowing up might be kind of a touchy image for a lot of people, and it's kind of an obvious choice if you want to reference 9/11. What if instead of the towers, the girl was in front of that photo where the Secret Service agent whispered in Bush's ear that the WTC had been attacked? Might be a less offensive and more clever way of invoking 9/11. However, would that be funnier than the towers blowing up or not funny? Honestly, curious about what people think of that.
I have to admit...this is a pretty good idea. Given the classroom context, it's actually quite clever and therefore much funnier than the lazy "slap her in front of the towers" concept.

CreepyAlertBush.jpg

n1n9tean

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:
I have to admit...this is a pretty good idea. Given the classroom context, it's actually quite clever and therefore much funnier than the lazy "slap her in front of the towers" concept.

CreepyAlertBush.jpg

thumbleft.gif

Okay, seat, I could basically copy/paste your post and claim it as my own.

and

Whimsical Phil, that's how you do it.

The whole question I had was "What are you saying with this? What exactly are you making fun of?"

This is why I don't understand the twin towers pic and I don't understand the starving African child pic.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
n1n9tean said:

she looks out of place, just doesnt work as well. with the other one it's more epic like the scene on the simpsons when homer goes to hollywood to work with mel gibson and it ends with the the "dun dun dun dun dun" of the dog and the dog has shifty eyes. reminded me of that.

n1n9tean said:
thumbleft.gif

Okay, seat, I could basically copy/paste your post and claim it as my own.

and

Whimsical Phil, that's how you do it.

The whole question I had was "What are you saying with this? What exactly are you making fun of?"

This is why I don't understand the twin towers pic and I don't understand the starving African child pic.

Ok now I believe that you are completely fucked. You weren't actually offended by the 9/11 reference, but rather which picture was used?

Fucking think about that.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
wenis said:
she looks out of place, just doesnt work as well. with the other one it's more epic like the scene on the simpsons when homer goes to hollywood to work with mel gibson and it ends with the the "dun dun dun dun dun" of the dog and the dog has shifty eyes. reminded me of that.
Yeah, young children usually look out of place in an elementary school classroom. I can see why that wouldn't work.

n1n9tean

Banned
HurricaneJesus said:
Ok now I believe that you are completely fucked. You weren't actually offended by the 9/11 reference, but rather which picture was used?

I'm the one who needs to think about it because you don't understand?

No thanks. You think about it. Think about the two questions I asked.

Now I can laugh at George Bush's dumb, irresponsible ass. But I can not laugh at the thousands of people who were crushed to death under rubble and flames.

Especially with one of the victims in mind: Kevin Cosgrove. I first heard his final words maybe about 2 years ago and that's just something you don't forget.

seat

Whimsical Phil said:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/whimsicalphil/Miscellaneous/CreepyAlertBush.jpg
:lol Nice work! Damn, if I had known it would've worked so well, I would've done it myself! :D

HurricaneJesus said:

Well, like I said before I think context is everything. It's amazing how the most successful comedians can run up right to the line, but never cross it. The writers for the Daily Show come to mind. Brilliant how they can do it consistently four times a week!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Whimsical Phil said:
Yeah, young children usually look out of place in an elementary school classroom. I can see why that wouldn't work.

I wasn't speaking in a literal sense as she obviously would fit in a classroom, but because she was in front of the towers it looked funnier because she would probably be on a rooftop wearing a black leather jacket holding some sunglasses as she walked over to her helicopter to return to her evil lair.

trejo

itxaka said:

Oh, so being mexican is a joke now! Where do you get off?

;)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
soultron said:
We might have another permutation on our hands here, gang.

EDIT: That creepy chan girl kinda has a WIDE-EYED Jolie thing going on. 'Specially with those lips. Weird.
Was he permabanned? Also, the creepy girl isn't hot. She's ugly. She just reminds me of that "pikachu" bread girl, but this one is just the opposite.

And wow at the crazy debates this thread has discussed already. For me, I enjoy the majority of the photoshops done in the first page. :lol

VPhys

Eteric Rice said:
Creepy chan is kinda hot in her own creepy chan way. I don't know if I could date her though, waking up to her staring me in the face may either kill me, or cause me to shit myself.

creepychan4wr2.jpg

Gorgeous.

Baconbitz

Banned
The Blue Jihad said:
But what would we do without bacon bits? Threads just won't taste the same.
I'm not leaving. I just think its distastefull. Btw I don't mind the Hitler one because its Hitler himself not the people he actually killed.

AntoneM

pewye said:
really?? :|

n1n9tean said:
Then, you're a sick fuck and I doubt you're from here (US). If you are from here you probably hold some satanic beliefs such as "the attack was deserved" or some shit.

n1n9tean said:
I have this awesome idea. You and Cheesemeister should collaborate on this epic photoshop which includes creepy girl bearing witness to MLK and JFK being assassinated, a person being lynched somewhere in the south during the 1950's, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Virginia Tech massacre, AND a sick child dying of cancer for good measure!!!! It would be GRATE!!!

Baconbitz said:
If thats "the towers" I will never come back here again.

InternetSeriousBusiness.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom