• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Clearly the only appropriate choice is to watch FREE!

free8.gif

tumblr_mytcxsNG601r3z3s3o4_500.gif

I really like Cross Game. Adachi is one of the best comics creators ever, and Cross Game is the best-done anime adaption of all of his works.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
What's so great about Ashita no Joe? I asked about it prior, but I never got an answer from the Anime-Gaf community.

Ashita no Joe is a landmark in manga history, it was hugely inspirational at the time with the general public, so it has a lot of historical significance behind it. It follows the classic underdog kind of story which works well with boxing, the characters still hold up, it's worth watching from that perspective alone i think.

Necrovex

Ashita no Joe is a landmark in manga history, it was hugely inspirational at the time with the general public, so it has a lot of historical significance behind it. It follows the classic underdog kind of story which works well with boxing, the characters still hold up, it's worth watching from that perspective alone i think.

Sweet. I know Ippo drew some major inspirations from Joe, so I wanted to watch it due to that alone. But going into an anime series, when I already have a giganitc backlog, with no knowledge of it was a discouraging factor.

Rivitur

Banned
The big windup aka ookiku furikabutte is just great. It gets down to the strategy of baseball with a pretty good story.

KanameYuuki

I guess you are more into real oriented sports anime but if you feel like watching mindless soccer with powers, Inazuma Eleven is pretty fun to watch.

Cross Game is basically a masterpiece. You are officially banned from having an opinion on sports anime until you've watched both it and Hajime no Ippo.

Philippo

Hajime no Ippo is the GOAT.
Watching it for the first time (currently at Rising) and yeah, while the later seasons somehow drops in quality, it's still incredible.
Matches are incredible and with so much depth, it's really funny and most of all i find it the manliest anime i've ever seen.
And with such scenes i get so fucking pumped, it's incredible.

Also, the soundtrack is incredible
Weight of my Pride
Inner Light
The Finisher

Necrovex

While the last 2 season can't touch the first season it's still better than the other sports anime out there..season 1 is king even when you compared it to none sports anime..

The first season of Hajime no Ippo is better than 99% of anime.

It just stops in the middle of the story.

Though the manga...
also does that...

I am in the early 100s for the Eyeshield 21 manga, and I was wondering how the hell the story had another two hundred chapters to it. This explains a bit of it.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I thought the Eyeshield anime was shit compared to the manga, Knight in the Area didnt either, and I love it.

For anime, Haikyuu is well above any other sports anime at the moment. Its incredible. I watch Kuroko and Ace of Diamond but theyre mostly guilty pleasures since they have big problems.

The new Ippo series pales in comparison to the original

Btw a baseball manga I REALLY enjoyed is Rookies! I think it got cancelled but I thought it was really good.

fertygo

This has been great year for sport anime, both Haikyuu and Ping Pong is spectacular.. and Ace of Diamond is serviceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom