• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring '06 is March 20th through June 21st...get it???

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I have heard several posters say "how the hell can the PS3 launch in March 2006?"

Well, only 11 days of March is spring!!

Here are the dates:

First Day of Spring
Spring Equinox
March (3/20/05, 3/20/06, 3/21/07, 3/20/08, 3/20/09, 3/20/10, 3/20/11, 3/20/12, 3/20/13, 3/20/14, 3/20/15, 3/20/16, 3/20/17, 3/20/18, 3/20/19, 3/20/20)

First Day of Summer
Summer Solstice - longest day of the year
June (6/21/03, 6/21/04, 6/21/05, 6/21/06, 6/21/07, 6/20/08, 6/21/09, 6/21/10, 6/21/11, 6/20/12, 6/21/13, 6/21/14, 6/21/15, 6/20/16, 6/21/17, 6/21/18, 6/21/19, 6/20/20)

Again, that is 11 days in March, all of April and May and 21 days of June...

Am I insisting PS3 will launch in Spring 2006?

NO!

I am just saying if SCEI says "Spring 2006 PS3 launch" chances are that is not one of those 11 days in march....

I posted the same a month or two ago. People don't care. Actually, I don't know if they'll hit spring or not, but IMO, it won't make much of a difference long term.

But, yeah, folks who are saying: "No WAY it hits March" are full of it.

sangreal

Kleegamefan said:
I don't think so...

Believe whatever you want, but while xbox fans may be saying now that the PS3 can't launch in march, it was the Sony fans claiming all summer long that the 360's early launch would be insignificant because the PS3 would be out in March.

I was going to compile quotes but I only got two quotes down before I decided it was too much of a pain in the ass with all of you on my ignore list.

littlewig

Banned
I love how people in this thread actually think the Xbox360 has a chance against the almighty PS3.

It doesn't matter when the PS3 launches, MS already messed up by not luanching with Halo 3.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
littlewig said:
I love how people in this thread actually think the Xbox360 has a chance against the almighty PS3.

It doesn't matter when the PS3 launches, MS already messed up by not luanching with Halo 3.

A bad Idea, this post of yours is...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I was going to compile quotes but I only got two quotes down before I decided it was too much of a pain in the ass with all of you on my ignore list.
Post 'em. Two is better than backpedaling, claiming you're too lazy to prove your own point. :p

There's also a thread I remember that had at least a couple pages worth of PS3 launch date predictions from a few months ago. Can't find it at the moment, will keep looking though.

jedimike

Businesses don't operate with the seasons. They operate on quarters. The "winter" quarter is considered Nov, Dec, Jan, "spring" is Feb, March, Apr, etc.

Spring is a very vague term... Obviously, Sony has left themselves some leeway.

sangreal said:
Its usually the Sony fans claiming that Spring = March

I'd like to know where it started at all. As far as I know Sony hasn't said a specific month it'd be out, they've only said Spring and they've stuck with that.

Striek

Whilst we're sorting stuff out, how about that "it'll have a shit launch"/"no good games 'til 2007" one?

Launch titles said:
Add in more EA/EA sports, Take2 sports, a couple of unannounced games from lesser companies and various ports from Xbox360 and you have the makings of one of the best launches ever.

D3VI0US

I think people are going by PS2's launch, March in Japan, October in the states, and Q1 2007 in Europe or something. I think the launch titles will be better but there will still be a hardware shortage. MS can capitalize on that regardless of when they launch Halo 2 cause I think a lot of people who see PS3 and 360 side by side won't be able to tell the difference. The advantages will be subtle and the real differentiators may not manifest visually. Still I think the later they launch in the States and Europe the more marketshare they're handing to MS.

Top Bottom