• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellsing321 said:
We had a enough of that last season with Infinite Stratos. The bloodshed must stop!

If they survive, then they'll be stronger for the experience, and with more discerning taste in the future.

It's the anime thread equivalent of Social Darwinism.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
icarus-daedelus said:
Damn you Nonoriri! >:-o

problem.jpg

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
What can you do, it was the 90s. Everyone from Disney on down couldn't figure out how to integrate CGI very well, and WDAS had more money than god back in the day.

CGI, you so ugly, get out of my cel animation, dammit!
Macross Plus did it.

Jex

InfiniteNine said:
Because she is better than Lafiel.
Not this again! Character wars are for when a thread is on it's last legs.
icarus-daedelus said:
What can you do, it was the 90s. Everyone from Disney on down couldn't figure out how to integrate CGI very well, and WDAS had more money than god back in the day.

CGI, you so ugly, get out of my cel animation, dammit!
Macross Plus says you can do it and do it well.

Edit: beaten.

Jex

Sgt.Pepper said:
Can't be worst that this past season. Yuck.
If it doesn't have two excellent shows, it will be worse than last season.

With such a range of possible good shows I hope that won't happen.

iavi

All this eva fan art made me want to post my fav

%255Bnattoli.net%255Dphoto-standard-art-books-artists-kozaki-yusuke-rei-ayanami-1872-nat-preview-0d1d994b.jpg

Yusuke Kozaki

Had to find a pic cause I dont have a scanner atm.

Jexhius said:
If it doesn't have two excellent shows, it will be worse than last season.

With such a range of possible good shows I hope that won't happen.

It might not reach the lofty heights of WS or Madoka, but I see a lot of possible good shows here. If enough of those hit, then I wouldn't necessarily call it worse, even if none of those shows turn out to be excellent.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Uchip said:
What did you just say?

icarus-daedelus said:
I've never seen it. Because, you know, it's Macross.

How many pop songs and love triangles does it have in it? I have to know in order to properly gauge my [dis]interest.
It has only one love triangle and the pop music is not of the bubblegum variety and composed by yoko kanno.

Uchip

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:

How many pop songs and love triangles does it have in it? I have to know in order to properly gauge my [dis]interest.

pop songs? what?

Hen Zeni OVA 01-02 -- Um... huh. At least it isn't set in high school (college, instead)... anyway though, the point here seems to be seeing what boundaries they can push without it technically being hentai, and within a comedy structure. It is funny sometimes, sometimes because it's actually funny and other times just because the stuff's just so bizarre that it's kind of funny... and other times it's too weird and isn't funny, it varies. If there's going to be a TV anime of this though, it'll be censored for sure...

Oh, in addition to being fairly over-the-top, the plot (it does have one) is also a little confusing at times. Overall it's probably not good, but I watched both anyway so, yeah. But yeah, if the TV series is anything like these, it'll be the most sexual situation heavy TV anime I can think of since, what, Yosuga no Sora (except with no incest, so far at least)? Except with weirder stuff, as the "sexual perversion seminar" subtitle suggests. Some stuff's shown, other things are verbal, but overall... well, see the beginning of the above paragraph. That's pretty much what it is.

El Sloth said:
Thread is moving damn quick. ABF should be higher up on the wall of shame. Each of his posts count as at least 3 regular posts.

It's like sixth grade English class, where there was this competition for how many books we could read during some time period... I finished second, but the person who won was reading books that were like half or less the length the ones I was reading were (I read the Eddings Belgariad/Malloreon series that year, for instance).

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I would go as far as to say that it's great most of the time. It has its down moments, but overall the first season is pretty good, and the narrative is presented in the best possible manner (which I give it a lot of credit for).

Haruhi herself can be annoying at times, but she's generally just fun to watch, even if she isn't exactly the kind of person I'd want to know in real life.
I did like the first season, yeah. It was good. I just didn't think it was one of the best shows of the year then or something. It was good, but as I said, I wished that it had a plot that moved forward, it didn't really seem like the right kind of show to rarely have any actual plot progression that didn't get reset and followed with more stand-alone stuff. Also, most of the episodes are stand-alone for the most part. And I don't like Nagato that much, once you start learning things about her, she's too passive. I guess that they were trying for Rei-like there, and it apparently worked, because I dislike Rei too, for somewhat similar reasons...

Overall though sure, it was decently good. Flawed, but good.

firehawk12 said:
IS great!
Indeed, it's not quite over yet.

icarus_daedelus said:
I'll have to disagree on, um, everything.
After Angel Beats, which is probably their best one, Kanon 2002 might be my second favorite Key anime... it'd either be that or the 2006 version. Kanon 2002's a good show though, watching it again I like it as much as ever. :)

Nonoriri

Hellsing321 said:
Oh are we going to be bringing back the Asuka avatars?

Nah I like my set of Hiramatsu avatars too much to change.

duckroll said:
Okay, you know this image spam thing is getting annoying. Just saying.

You know what's annoying? X-men.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:

I've never seen any other Macross either. Of course it does have those things, but they're integrated quite well into the plot. It's only 4 episodes and I guarantee it is at least 100 times as good as Kanon 2002.

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:

Well, it's no Clannad but it's still pretty good.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Not good enough. It needs to be at least 87987832979 times as good as Kanon 2002 before I'll even consider looking at it.
What are you, Branduil on Hajime no Ippo?
duckroll said:
Okay, you know this image spam thing is getting annoying. Just saying.
At some point it wasn't annoying?

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:
Not good enough. It needs to be at least 87987832979 times as good as Kanon 2002 before I'll even consider looking at it.
I'd say that's pretty much every anime out there. Get to it.

Shouta

zeroshiki said:
I think the anime thread is now 100% safe from the title of creepiest thread around here.

Until someone starts flirting with images again then I'm going to have to choke a bitch.

Uchip

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:

sounds like you should consider looking at it

El Sloth

Banned
A Black Falcon said:
It's like sixth grade English class, where there was this competition for how many books we could read during some time period... I finished second, but the person who won was reading books that were like half or less the length the ones I was reading were (I read the Eddings Belgariad/Malloreon series that year, for instance).
Jeez, you were reading the Belgariad series in sixth grade? This explains everything.
Infinite Justice said:
at least they are not flirting with them this time.
I lost my innocence that day.

zeroshiki

Buncha haters. Kanon 2002 was perfectly cromulent for its time.

Sure, it looks like raw ass now and the story is kinda incomprehensible, but for its time it was gold.

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
Well, this is the main character in Kanon 2002:
Yuuichi.jpg

And this is the main character in Macross Plus:
58414.jpg

Nonoriri

El Sloth said:
Jeez, you were reading the Belgariad series in sixth grade? This explains everything.

I don't think that explains talking about bad animu at great lengths, but it might explain the great lengths part anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom