• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

I don't know what Upotte is to be honest. :p

All you need to know...

YDX8j.jpg

Medaka Box 3
tumblr_m2q6bf8JDF1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Actually pretty cool episode, Akune is a great character, second favorite already after Zenkichi. Im hoping he stays in the plot at least.

Just wish they did something about his hair ending up behind his eyes?!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
...toilet discussion...
nitpicking_zps76865f9c.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena 7

Well, at least everything here stays in perspective.

I don't quite get how Utena manages to be so nonplussed by the duels given that she keeps drawing a sword out of Anthy's chest. I appreciated getting some more insight into Utena's feelings on the past, and Juri's flashbacks were handled with the show's usual deft touch.

Why does every female character in this show live their life in thrall to an idealized male figure? How sexist of you, Ikuhara.
I really don't see how this episode made you say that. Were you paying attention? Granted, a central theme of the show is the deconstruction of fairy tale archetypes, but Juri... isn't enthralled by men at all.

Not everything is as it seems in this show, especially with the first 12 episodes.

Ultimadrago

On the ANNCast, they kept talking about how the "clit" was the trigger. Classy!

Oh, and they were also vomiting at that spit swapping anime. lol

"Ever had the feeling your hammer was about to go off?"

The drool thing is still nasty. And no, I still refuse to consider it synonymous to kissing in execution. Might as well lick their lick mark on asphalt.

===================================
And further on Hidamari,

Nazuna, your likability-fu is WEAK! C'mon, step it up, etc., etc.!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
"Ever had the feeling your hammer was about to go off?"

The drool thing is still nasty. No, I still refuse to consider it synonymous to kissing in execution.

===================================
And further on Hidamari,

Nazuna, your likability-fu is WEAK! C'mon, step it up, etc., etc.!

1) doomed am sad. lol

2) Keep watching!

Sket dan 54
tumblr_m2q7gcgES61r6yxrwo1_500.gif

Wow that was pretty epic and I think the full version of that song that plays during the most intense and epic moments.
That was great for Tsubaki and Bossun working together like that
. Memorable.

cajunator

Banned
Medaka Box 3
tumblr_m2q6bf8JDF1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Actually pretty cool episode, Akune is a great character, second favorite already after Zenkichi. Im hoping he stays in the plot at least.

Just wish they did something about his hair ending up behind his eyes?!

I dont really like the normal see through hair in front of eyes thing, but this is far worse. what the fuck were they thinking here?

All you need to know...

YDX8j.jpg

This is pretty amazing all things considered.

sonicmj1

nitpicking_zps76865f9c.jpg

I really don't see how this episode made you say that. Were you paying attention? Granted, a central theme of the show is the deconstruction of fairy tale archetypes, but Juri... isn't enthralled by men at all.

Not everything is as it seems in this show, especially with the first 12 episodes.

While Juri is still incredibly jealous and sore over how her friend took the guy she loved, I was basically riffing on some of the ANNcast-related commentary about throwing ridiculous claims out there.

Why does this show put multiple joke episodes between me and the point where things start to really heat up?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I already knew I was oversimplifying it to some degree, but now I am more aware that I misjudged what Juri's primary feelings were.

Oh, Ikuhara, I can't even pretend to hate you.
If you didn't pick up the fact that the entire episode was about Juri being lesbian then this show isn't going to be easy for you. lol

sonicmj1

If you didn't pick up the fact that the entire episode was about Juri being lesbian then this show isn't going to be easy for you. lol

I can't pick up on these things unless a table is being violated against its will.

Seriously, I felt like I was doing alright up until this point.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Protip for all future anime watching. Imagine everyone is a lesbian. This technique has no downsides.

I can see this approach detracting from the fun of Shining Hearts, but otherwise it's a good idea in the absence of any specific reason not to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom