• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Let's all just calm down and be happy!

wSbrW5r.jpg

happiness is overrated

Metrotab

Banned
There sure is a lot of 'maintenance' going on on NeoGAF. Can I expect the same for the Nintendo conference? Never been active on GAF before during E3.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think it ultimately comes down to all the sharing stuff they tied into everything. It would be best if they found a way to divorce it so you got functional online multi free but with like a shitload of hosting features locked out.

Hattori

Banned
There sure is a lot of 'maintenance' going on on NeoGAF. Can I expect the same for the Nintendo conference? Never been active on GAF before during E3.

a sonic exclusive direct took gaf down, so it safe to say a smash bros, 3d mario, mario kart direct will do the same and more

fertygo

monster hunter is the only game I play online and that's on Wii U, so I can't honestly weigh in on this without any bias...

I happy enough no need to connecting internet cable to my next gen console, thanks based gawd.

Also region free, I'm happy for my SRW gaming.

SRW Z3 with Valvrave in 2014, aw yiss

cajunator

Banned
I think it ultimately comes down to all the sharing stuff they tied into everything. It would be best if they found a way to divorce it so you got functional online multi free but with like a shitload of hosting features locked out.

There should be tiers like xboxlive did it. Pay money for better features and faster servers.

CorvoSol

Godannar 11

When I watch a show about giant robots, I definitely do it so I can see bratty children steal the mech and learn valuable lessons.

No wait, I don't. Because Zeta Gundam used that fucking plot so many times I wanted to die.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm just glad I never bought a PS3 in anticipation of The Last Guardian.

I bought mine for Valkyria Chronicles, which I think is an even worse scenario because watching something you love wither and ultimately be snuffed out is worse than pining over something that never was to begin with.

Dresden

sasami @ unmotivated - 11

This is basically the best episode to come out of Shaft since Soredemo wrapped up, all those years ago.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
One more for the road. See you all tomorrow. There is great Smash looming for us.

Clannad: After Story 7

Oh no, our little fantasy world team
is taking a turn for the worse. What will that mean for our real world group? Probably something bad.

Japanese street gangs: making the Sharks and the Jets look like straight up OGs

kinda boring episode. I didn't really end up caring about any of the characters so far. This arc just needs to kinda end.

I bought a PS3 a few weeks ago for Valkyria Chronicles.

I should play it sometime.

Also, started 3 new shows today!

Yuyushiki 01

Getting serious Lucky Star vibes from this one. Which is okay, I need some slice of life -- in my life.

Upotte!! 01

LOL what in the actual fuck is going on. They're... guns? What. WHAT? All this gun-based innuendo is pretty weird. Oh well, will push on. :p

Also the character design kinda is weird, the girls look a little chunky. I mean, chunky girls are fine but it's a little unexpected here.

Probably going to drop this in favor of Girls und Panzer, which apparently is a lot like this but less wtf

YuruYuri 01

This episode felt pretty meta. I actually was starting to forget the protagonist for a second, so I applaud the writers for making that a part of the actual plot. haha.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 4

I have two younger cousins that I dote on, but I would not ever call either my little sister. Also, Sword Art Online reminds me of Yugi Oh, in that I feel the rules are made up as the show goes along. WHY WOULD YOU KEEP IT A SECRET FROM YOUR COUSIN THAT SHE IS NOT YOUR SISTER? WHY. Did that little girl just step on a trap that had a rape worm in it? Okay, so, in addition to advertising a game to teenagers that simulated sex (except you can't feel your crotch), trapping them in there so he could get his jollies by lording over them and finally being GM, now there are rape worms?

Dude, the designer of SAO was a pretty sick guy.

Uh, Kirito, if what you're saying is true, this woman is a serial killer. I don't think sympathizing with others is in that job description, buddy. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA they're seriously still calling him a beater? Oh man. I mean, Lina Inverse has to deal with "Bandit Killer" which is kinda cool and "Dragon Spooker" which most definitely isn't, but "Kirito the Beater" is just bad. It was bad in Harry Potter and it's bad now. Can't believe this term caught on.

OH geez, Kirito's kinda OP. Lv78, 14.5k HP and 600HP regen every 10 seconds? Then again, if he's level 78 at floor 50, what happens when he caps out? Last 50 floors're gonna suuuuuuck.

Sword Art Online 4

I have two younger cousins that I dote on, but I would not ever call either my little sister. Also, Sword Art Online reminds me of Yugi Oh, in that I feel the rules are made up as the show goes along. WHY WOULD YOU KEEP IT A SECRET FROM YOUR COUSIN THAT SHE IS NOT YOUR SISTER? WHY. Did that little girl just step on a trap that had a rape worm in it? Okay, so, in addition to advertising a game to teenagers that simulated sex (except you can't feel your crotch), trapping them in there so he could get his jollies by lording over them and finally being GM, now there are rape worms?

Dude, the designer of SAO was a pretty sick guy.

Uh, Kirito, if what you're saying is true, this woman is a serial killer. I don't think sympathizing with others is in that job description, buddy. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA they're seriously still calling him a beater? Oh man. I mean, Lina Inverse has to deal with "Bandit Killer" which is kinda cool and "Dragon Spooker" which most definitely isn't, but "Kirito the Beater" is just bad. It was bad in Harry Potter and it's bad now. Can't believe this term caught on.

OH geez, Kirito's kinda OP. Lv78, 14.5k HP and 600HP regen every 10 seconds? Then again, if he's level 78 at floor 50, what happens when he caps out? Last 50 floors're gonna suuuuuuck.

Actually, Kirito didn't always know she wasn't his little sister until he was older, and for most his life she acted like one. But whoo boy there's another can of worms for later in the season.

Also the simulated sex wasn't openly advertised with the game. In the redacted Light Novel that talks about it, Asuna just heard rumors that there was a feature to remove an "Ethics Filter" that would allow you to get all funky.

I believe the leveling system doesn't cap out at 100. Also he pretty much gets his ass whupped in some later levels, like the little shit deserves.
Navi saves the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom