• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: CD/EM heads promoted, 2 unannounced Eidos Montreal titles, SEM = Tablets

Famassu

I think people said similar things in 2011... oh how we were naive...
Difference being they are finally rid of FFXIV and FFXIII saga, so they actually have workforce that can be used for more than fixing the damage Toriyama & XIV 1.0 did. Plus they did have fairly big handheld projects in 2010-2012 with stuff like Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, Bravely Default, Type-0, 3rd Birthday and Dissidia. I'd say those are almost fully comparable to at least mid-sized console game development with the way SQEX made them.

Again, I'm sure they'll have at least 2-3 additional big projects for the late 2014-early 2016 period.

2San

Difference being they are finally rid of FFXIV and FFXIII saga, so they actually have workforce that can be used for more than fixing the damage Toriyama & XIV 1.0 did. Plus they did have fairly big handheld projects in 2010-2012 with stuff like Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, Bravely Default, Type-0, 3rd Birthday and Dissidia. I'd say those are almost fully comparable to at least mid-sized console game development with the way SQEX made them.

Again, I'm sure they'll have at least 2-3 additional big projects for the late 2014-early 2016 period.
I've played the beta a bit of FFXIV:ARR, they're doing good work if you wanted to know!

Whompa

AAA tablet development

mF3O4nk.gif

I think that's a first right?

Famassu

I've played the beta a bit of FFXIV:ARR, they're doing good work if you wanted to know!
That's good to hear, I've still got that super-cheap Amazon.co.uk pre-order of the PS3 version (for, like, 13£) from 2011 when there was no information about any A Realm Reborn stuff. :D I hope Amazon honors that, although I see they haven't updated the order to have a delivery estimate for early September, even though we do have a release date by now.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well at least now we know that if square enix montreal opens a teaser site we don't have to hype.

Top Bottom