• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix gamescom 2014 lineup announced (DQ4 announced for West)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Great to know! Still set in Hong Kong?

Hard to say. This is most of what we have.

2013-12-0815_51_30-fo2xszg.png

NolbertoS

SE going to milk the DQ series on the mobile market. I hope Nintendo pay SE to release DQVII out West, thats the only way we'll get a DQ game on a non-mobile phone platform

PowderedToast

Well to me it was pretty obvious that we won't see FFXV until TGS after the E3 skip announcement :(.

Tabata tweeted that they're preparing FFXV for TGS if I'm not mistaken.

omg, don't play games with my heart

and guys, i wouldn't expect any KH3 news until XV ships

rjc571

Banned
When will you people learn? Square Enix doesn't produce high quality software anymore; they're more or less a shovelware developer akin to Gameloft. This is the mindset you should have when you read about their upcoming lineup.

When will you people learn? Square Enix doesn't produce high quality software anymore; they're more or less a shovelware developer akin to Gameloft. This is the mindset you should have when you read about their upcoming lineup.

Just give me ff 12 hd square.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

They do have one major MMORPG being managed quite well, but other than that... yeah.

Kagari has been saying all year that 2014 is "the year of FFXIV".
S-E wants to keep that game on a pedestal and continue pimping for subs. They spent a shitload of time and money on it, so you can bet your ass they don't want FFXV stealing any fire at the moment.

They'll (maybe) start pushing FFXV next year with (maybe) a late 2015/spring 2016 release. That's my guess.

Ricker

I saw on a twitter yesterday that The World Ends with You was on IOS or Android...it said remastered or something,is it the same as the DS game...? cant seem to find the news again...

EDIT: found it,it says solo remix.

The World Ends with You: Solo Remix is now available on Android® devices. Formerly released on the iPhone® and iPad® The World Ends with You: Solo Remix is fully optimized for mobile devices taking players into a deadly game inside the famed city of Shibuya. Prepare to follow Neku through his battles against the Reapers to discover his story!

Cornbread78

Ya know it's a damn shame Sony couldn't either of those DQ games on the Vita.
DQ VIII and DQ IX would have been very nice to have even if they are on iOS/Android as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I saw on a twitter yesterday that The World Ends with You was on IOS or Android...it said remastered or something,is it the same as the DS game...? cant seem to find the news again...

EDIT: found it,it says solo remix.

The World Ends with You: Solo Remix is now available on Android® devices. Formerly released on the iPhone® and iPad® The World Ends with You: Solo Remix is fully optimized for mobile devices taking players into a deadly game inside the famed city of Shibuya. Prepare to follow Neku through his battles against the Reapers to discover his story!

Yes, it's a one screen version of the DS game with some tweaked mechanics to add a bit more to only having one screen.

Clunker

DQIV was kinda rough, no? I though most people said that the true gem of the SNES DQ games was DQVI
Most people I've seen cite DQV as hands down their favorite from that era. I hadn't played it until the DS release but adored it. DQIV, however, remains my favorite 8bit JRPG ever. I think it holds up stunningly well, though I suppose YMMV in terms of whether you like the 3D look of the DS remake.

Conversely, I count myself as a pretty hard DQ fan but couldn't get into DQVI at all.

For what it's worth, I had no idea about the DQIV port to iOS and I'm fucking stoked about it! Will happily double-dip on it. DQIV is my Ocarina; I could play it every year.

Most people I've seen cite DQV as hands down their favorite from that era. I hadn't played it until the DS release but adored it. DQIV, however, remains my favorite 8bit JRPG ever. I think it holds up stunningly well, though I suppose YMMV in terms of whether you like the 3D look of the DS remake.

Conversely, I count myself as a pretty hard DQ fan but couldn't get into DQVI at all.

Oops, for some reason i thought DQIV launched on the SNES. I got my FFs and DQs mixed up.

so the mobile version is based off of the DS remake?

Yes, it's a one screen version of the DS game with some tweaked mechanics to add a bit more to only having one screen.

Ahh, answered already. Kinda interested! oh wait, you're talking about TWEWY.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
yo give us that party chat this time tho

Silky

Banned
Hey Lara Croft was a damn fine game. When was this sequel announced ?

also KH3 isn't even ready to unveil fully yet

clem84

Gold Member
I'm in the process of learning Japanese. I don't know when but SOMEDAY I'll play DQ7 on a 3DS, one way or another. Maybe at that point I'll play DQX as well.

raven777

wow lol at that HD console and PC lineup.

This year I have a chance to go to TGS but at this rate I don't think there will be FFXV at TGS this year...

Caffeine

i dont expect to see anything XV related till next e3 lol and even then i still expect it to be another trailer.

Ridley327

No DQ7 west release to 3DS :(?

Unless Nintendo pays Squenix to localize the game, it's probably not going to happen. It's such a massive game in terms of localization that Squenix is feeling like the potential sales wouldn't justify the cost if they took it on themselves, and I have a feeling that they'd be right to think that, too. If DQ7 comes to mobile anytime soon, I would be really surprised if it wasn't just a straight port of the PS1 game, complete with the old localization.

heiyu

since 2006 waiting for versus/xv
i dare you square not to update us until the rest of the year
feel my wrath

Damerman

Like...FF XIV has been out for so long... why are we still talking about it?
and kingdome hearts 2.5 is an HD remake... i never knew those kinds of games get promoted so much.

Square.... for the love of anything, put together some kind of hands off demo for FFXV where we just see how hair is rendered or a CG trailer that relays no kind of hint as to what the gameplay might be like or something.

Unless Nintendo pays Squenix to localize the game, it's probably not going to happen. It's such a massive game in terms of localization that Squenix is feeling like the potential sales wouldn't justify the cost if they took it on themselves, and I have a feeling that they'd be right to think that, too. If DQ7 comes to mobile anytime soon, I would be really surprised if it wasn't just a straight port of the PS1 game, complete with the old localization.

So Nintendo is going to have to pull a Bravely Default for every game square makes if people want it localized?

Like...FF XIV has been out for so long... why are we still talking about it?

It's an MMO and companies like talking about it every time something new gets added, in Square's case though, they know they don't have as much to show as usual.

studyguy

FFXIV at Gamescom is probably going to be the first instance of the new Ninja job being playable. If not there, then Tokyo Game Show. Both are pretty close to the next patch date assuming the job comes within the next two patches as expected.

3746fd16ede4d432b57aa59d17f2180c677c3a98_1.jpg

Top Bottom