• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to do livestream broadcast at E3 booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Part of me wants Versus PS4 exclusive so we can Noctis and Stella character models at near CG quality!

Stella already looked superb in the last trailer.

CjFNmSb.gif

Cross-generation would obviously hinder that.

I just hope the game isn't boring. Being pretty didn't help FFXIII

If they do everything they said they were going to do it shouldn't be.

The main thing Nomura said that appealed to me gameplay wise is that he wanted to set the difficulty towards the high-end.

Let's hope that's true. Battle systems shine when the difficulty is high., and I believe instantaneous character switching for cross character combos has potential.

But they need to do it right.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If they do everything they said they were going to do it shouldn't be.

The main thing Nomura said that appealed to me gameplay wise is that he wanted to set the difficulty towards the high-end.

Let's hope that's true. Battle systems shine when the difficulty is high., and I believe instantaneous character switching for cross character combos has potential.

But they need to do it right.

Type 0 was a step in the right direction in that regard but it can be better.

raven777

Part of me wants Versus PS4 exclusive so we can Noctis and Stella character models at near CG quality!

CjFNmSb.gif

another scene which will not be in the final game.

But yea, I would love to have versus on PS4 with near CG look of characters

Kitase's basically been Toriyama's White Knight for a long time. I don't think Kitase really cares anymore. He hasn't been developing anything himself.

that's why a Kitase/Itou creative revolution needs to happen.
Those guys made absolute magic with limited 16-bit tech.
Could they repeat with modern, more expansive technology? I think so.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

CjFNmSb.gif

That looks superb? It looks really creepy to me.

They'll be showing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, as they supposedly are both 2013 titles. I'm not sure if it'd be very smart of them to distract from those titles by announcing new ones to throw on the pile.

No, those are titles which will probably be at their booth and playable to the press etc, they're not material for conferences. And you're forgetting that Square Enix have already stated a new Final Fantasy will debut at E3 - you don't debut the next FF on your own booth, you do it where everybody is looking.

Mr. RHC

I just hope the game isn't boring. Being pretty didn't help FFXIII
For me it comes down to the story, a good story can make up for some really atrocious gameplay. I can adapt my expectations pretty well when the story seems to be something else.

that's why a Kitase/Itou creative revolution needs to happen.
Those guys made absolute magic with limited 16-bit tech.
Could they repeat with modern, more expansive technology? I think so.

I dunno man,they're not the same men they were all those years ago.

Things change, people change, nothing is like it was before and never will be again.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
No, those are titles which will probably be at their booth and playable to the press etc, they're not material for conferences. And you're forgetting that Square Enix have already stated a new Final Fantasy will debut at E3 - you don't debut the next FF on your own booth, you do it where everybody is looking.

Nintendo Direct?

I kid. All I care about with Square is BDFF.

HeelPower

CjFNmSb.gif

That is pretty much on par with XIII high poly models.

tumblr_med17arCMG1rrtdkko1_500.gif

Nothing creepy about Stella.She actually seems passionate about what she is saying in the scenes with Noctis. She does have a very imposing/powerful image though. Like a really strong woman.

Stella-portrait.jpg

kayos90

BD is a Nintendo published game. Idk why it would be in the SE booth... even if it is developed by them.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
BD is a Nintendo published game. Idk why it would be in the SE booth... even if it is developed by them.

As I said I care more for new IP's then the same old junk we've been tossed. It's like having the same Pizza and I have to eat it everyday.

kayos90

I just thought I'd clarify. I've seen it multiple times the past month where people think BD and SE are tied together at E3 or whatnot. SE developed the game sure but it's a Nintendo published game meaning Nintendo will handle everything now.

HeelPower

Why did they have to shove in the time mechanic for LR ? can't we just play a game that feels organic at all ? 13-2 was promised to be open but it hardly was due to the historia crux crap. They didn't even think about designing like the AMAZING Nexus so that it feels fun and part of the game.Not even a KH style world map to travel between "timezones"(which was really 5 areas max each repeated twiced with no real differences)

Instead here is this ugly ass historia menu that feels so out of the game , so intrusive and has super long loading times.

"Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest."

kayos pls

Why did they have to shove in the time mechanic for LR ? can't we just play a game that feels organic at all ? 13-2 was promised to be open but it hardly was due to the historia crux crap. They didn't even think about designing like the AMAZING Nexus so that it feels fun and part of the game.Not even a KH style world map to travel between "timezones"(which was really 5 areas max each repeated twiced with no real differences)

Instead here is this ugly ass historia menu that feels so out of the game , so intrusive and has super long loading times.

Because he wanted to make Lightning happy.

Which she already was at the end...but whatever

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
kayos pls

Because he wanted to make Lightning happy.

Which she already was at the end...but whatever

Toriyama's fav character was Serah. Irony.

Killing her sister was a great move to do so in accordance to make Lightning happy. And having the game say Lightning caused said death to happen is even more funny. Let's not get into the happy joy joy music that played during it. Or the DLC Farroncest whirls and swirls of 3rd Birthday take 2

HeelPower

LR is gonna be divisive yet again.There is NO way everyone will like the time limit bullshit.Its probably gonna have some gimmick mechanic that will turn people off.

LR is gonna be divisive yet again.There is NO way everyone will like the time limit bullshit.Its probably gonna have some gimmick mechanic that will turn people off.

Eh, Lightning Returns isn't for fans of FF, it's for fans of Lightning.

It will be interesting to see just how many that entails when sales hit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Sorry. I love Genesis. I have a thing for cool, overly flamboyant bishies yo. LOLOLOLOL

Nothing would forestall his return if Square finished that compiliation with his guest appearance in Dirge.

One thing you could say is that the Genesis of this Gackt looking character is he totally mucks up the entirety of FFVII's plot synopsis.

He pretty much goads old Sephy into teh evulz in the most bad cliche anime way possible.

HeelPower

Sorry. I love Genesis. I have a thing for cool, overly flamboyant bishies yo. LOLOLOLOL

Can someone remind me why CC is liked so much ? That slot machine mechanic makes it one of the worst battle systems in memory.Also the story really wasn't any better than XIII.I couldn't finish that game.Maybe because I amnot a VII fan and I can't relate to it ?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can someone remind me why CC is liked so much ? That slot machine mechanic makes it one of the worst battle systems in memory.Also the story really wasn't any better than XIII.I couldn't finish that game.Maybe because I amnot a VII fan and I can't relate to it ?

Something about Zack Fair being a decent character or some crap.

I don't like it much either.

(._. )

Music was pretty good though.

HeelPower

Tabata remains a mediocore director to me. His efforts in both CC and T3B were pretty lack luster.I can't rave about Type-0 when I can't play it.So yea.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Tabata remains a mediocore director to me. His efforts in both CC and T3B were pretty lack luster.I can't rave about Type-0 when I can't play it.So yea.

Tabata's first real game where he had complete control was Type 0.

Toriyama kinda ruined both CC and T3B.(seeing a pattern yet?)

HeelPower

Hiroyuki ito is definitely the person most capable of driving the series forward . FFXII says it all. I really want them to make a game like once more. This immense gigantic monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom