• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix upload all their music to a YouTube channel

Kataploom

Gold Member
That's it, pals. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMx60HYcw1ieiPlZZagfqXQ

ALL the music for their games is there for you to listen whenever you want :D

I'd love Nintendo do the same since they closed a very popular Nintendo music channel recently, but they won't... They'll probably make an Nintendo Switch app which you'll access only subscribed to their online or something like that, lol (whatever makes it less comfortable).

BTW, enjoy :D

SegaShack

That's it, pals. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMx60HYcw1ieiPlZZagfqXQ

ALL the music for their games is there for you to listen whenever you want :D

I'd love Nintendo do the same since they closed a very popular Nintendo music channel recently, but they won't... They'll probably make an Nintendo Switch app which you'll access only subscribed to their online or something like that, lol (whatever makes it less comfortable).

BTW, enjoy :D
I am only seeing 4 videos.

Kuranghi

That seems like a great thing with no downsides, or is there some catch/reason they're doing this? Obviously it will drive sales of the physical media ofc.

Fbh

Nice, hopefully more publishers start doing this.

Also hopefully they upload the Chrono Cross 20th anniversary concert which is amazing:
61-SGS-QTbL._SY445_SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

FrankCaron

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Comments turned off, no Final Fantasy music after X* (they did include FF7 Remake).

These two things should tell you a lot about what this company is today.
No, it tells you absolutely nothing about Square Enix.

This is how it works when you distribute music to youtube through some third party service like distrokid or tunecore instead of uploading every single video directly.

Comments are always turned off on videos like this, no matter who owns it. If you doubt me look at the description for a video, says it's auto generated by youtube.

As for why some things are missing, who knows. Maybe they chose not to for some reason, or maybe there's just some delay in the system. I've uploaded multiple releases at the same time and had them show up with 1-2 weeks difference.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Comments turned off, no Final Fantasy music after X* (they did include FF7 Remake).

These two things should tell you a lot about what this company is today.

What does it tell you? Lmfao, even people who intensely dislike FF games post-FFX generally concede to the fact that Masashi Hamauzu and Yoko Shimomura put in the work.

The hate boner some of you have for the second half of FF is bizarre.

Myths

What does it tell you? Lmfao, even people who intensely dislike FF games post-FFX generally concede to the fact that Masashi Hamauzu and Yoko Shimomura put in the work.

The hate boner some of you have for the second half of FF is bizarre.
Is he talking about his region? I definitely see the OSTs for FFs after FFX.

Isa

Not trying to take away anything from the good vibes here, but for those interested Falcom has had their stuff up for years as are continuously adding more over time.

Top Bottom