• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's Jump Festa 2012 Line-up (No Versus)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/jf12/

No Versus.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/360)
Lord Of Apocalypse (Vita/PSP)
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS)
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Adventure 3D (3DS)
Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Super Mario (Wii)
Dragon Quest Heroes 3 (3DS)
Dragon Quest X (Wii/WiiU)
Chrono Trigger (iPhone/iPod Touch/Android)
Dragon Quest: Most Wanted (Android)

jf2012.jpg

kadotsu

Banned
Bravely Default looks so great. I hope it gets a European release. FFXIII-2 looks still promising. The rest, meh.

KingDizzi

Banned
Timeline:

2006 - Versus Announced - I'm in high school
2007 - Nothing - A Levels
2008 - Nothing - A Levels
2009 - Nothing - Uni
2010 - Nothing - Uni
2011 - Nothing - Uni
2034 - Nothing - Wife's left me, bitch took the house and I got stuck with the kids.

This is getting a tad silly now.

Takao

Banned
Versus will be Sony's super special awesome secret surprise, believe! Kawano drop the non-Vita bomba!

FF Versus XIII PS4 launch game!

Believe!

Seriously, though, it's taking too long. Either it should be turned into FFXV or there's no Kingdom Hearts 3!

Famassu

I'm guessing this is the playable line-up? Still have hope that Versus will get at least some kind of coverage there, even if it's just a 1-1,5 minute trailer for everyone who plays the demo of XIII-2 or Theatrhythm.

2006 - Versus Announced - I'm in high school
2007 - Nothing - A Levels
2008 - Development starts, first cutscene shown (though at this point it wasn't running on PS3 hardware)
2009 - KH Team helps finish XIII
2010 - First glimpses of actual in-game stuff shown
2011 - 7 minute trailer
Fixed

Frankfurt

Banned
This thread could be just "No Versus at Jump Festa" with no text in the OP and it still would get 12 pages.

"But he swore it would be the last time, mom!"

Kaizer

Banned
Versus XIII coming out Fall 2013 or early 2014 at this point, who the hell knows. I'll be in my 30's by the time they get back around to Kingdom Hearts 3.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Vaporware

But seriously, if Versus is a completely average game, or even sorta good, I'd consider that a disaster. This shit better be filet mignon.

This thread is proof that announcing games too early is never a good thing. Talk of vaporware is drowning out anticipation for genuinely interesting real games like KH 3D, DQ X, 13-2, and Chrono Trigger Android.

Beth Cyra

There is nothing shocking about Versus not being there, if anything it's the amount of crying and bitching in this thread that is surprising.

Given how hard they are pushing XIII-2 it's no wonder that VS wouldn' tbe shown. Nomura has said the next showing is planned and I have believed all along it would be a bit after XIII-2 launches and likely at a SE only event so they could do a blow out on it and really put it in the spot light.

Famassu

Guess they only want to showcase games that are coming out in 2012. Hahaha.
Meh, Type-0 was a no-show at last year's Jump Festa and Square Enix suddenly (re)unveiled it at the January event this year and it also got released this year (and I'm sure if it wasn't released on a platform that's dead everywhere else but Japan, it would've gotten released here quicker too).

GhaleonQ

Is this the 1st year when the majority of games hadn't been announced since the generation's beginning?

Congratulations, Square-Enix!

I don't what it is about Bravely Default, but I want to believe that Matrix Software can make a great game.

Top Bottom