• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix's Takashi Tokita's Creator's Voice. Need a proper translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon Tiki

Banned
www.Touch-DS.jp

For Mr. Square ENIX Tokita "it is at the entrance of an online game about DS"
Mon., December 20, 2004 11:57

The interview to Mr. Takashi Tokita of ENIX under development, Square, is carried by Creater's Voice of Touch-DS.jp in the "egg monster hero." There is an utterance which will be worrisome about the game of a sale schedule or the on-line of DS in March.

Mr. Tokita got interested in two screens and a touch screen also in " about DS. The side of a new point feeling considered by an interface changing is also pleasant. It is being said that it will be the same as wanting to come to go to drive, and a new device will be rapidly considered if you buy a new car."

It was shown clearly that it corresponds also to wireless communication about an "egg monster hero", saying "What can play a lot of people is considered although a communicative portion is under development now."

The question [ last ] "a ている idea is still certain ? at DS for a あた reason" "Is a communication function a big point? although a cellular phone, the Internet, etc. are now developed -- DS -- using -- the entrance of a かんたんな online game -- if a みたいな thing is made, I will think that it is interesting -- the utterance worried as "

Pull very new data by communication for ", for example, a cartridge, its own character is made to fight on a network, or various things may become posH・sible by the communication function. I think that the game with not much formal me does not have 創りたく. It is important that an adult, a child, a grandfather, and a grandmother are simple and tend to enter. Is such a state where such men are enjoying the online game unawares an ideal? I think it very important that it is easy to play to anyone.

eggmonster13sc.jpg
eggmonster23cd.jpg

duckroll

Ok let's see. 3 chicks pay Tokita a visit and get to try some Egg Monster Hero hands on. The keyword he's pushing for this game is "touch and scratch". They comment how the game is weird, and from the title screen it looks like a game that involves fighting. Then he explains how the game is about using monster in battle and the game is "weird" because of humorous character designs, etc.

They ask what touch and scratch means and he says you touch the touch screen to select options and stuff, and during battles you influence the movement using the touch screen and hence it's "touch" and "scratch". It's really kinda retarded but the girls seem to be buying into it since they don't sound like they know jack shit about gaming. :)

So they get into the game and Tokita explains that the bottom screen is the audience and the top screen is the stage, for what I assume is in the intro (the first screenshot you posted). The main character is the idiot prince of almamoon. The girls find that you starting the game as an idiot character is hilarious. They start the game and continue to proof themselves as dumb as the lead.

It's followed but Tokita basically "guiding" them through the game, explaining which icon is for summoning monsters, egg points for monster usage, etc. Then they ask him where he came up with the "touch and scratch" concept and he explains when he heard about the DS's two-screen and touch screen functions he wanted to make use of them blahblah, stuff we've heard in tons of other previews, "scratch like your life depended on it", etc.

When asked what he thought of the DS hardware, he said that the two screens, the touch screen, wireless and the microphone are the 4 special parts he's interested in. He says the with the touch screen and two screens, the challenge was in completely changing the interface for gaming and it is the same as taking a new car for a drive after buying it. When asked if Egg Monsters Hero supports the wireless he said the network part is currently being worked on but he didn't give details as to what it would do.

What's really interesting is his next comment about what ideas he has about the DS, he says the network versus mode is a very big point he's interested in, as well as using the DS for making possibly online games. He also talks about getting new data through networking, creating you own characters and battling online, all very open possibilities with network features available. Egg Monsters Hero is scheduled to hit in March 2005.

The entire interview wasn't very informative, mainly because it was done in a very "fun" way more for advertising and awareness than actual information. It's a promo concept Nintendo is doing with their Touch DS site, I'm not too fond of it, but hope that helped, I'm not very familiar with the Egg Monsters Hero gameplay or the series in general and there just wasn't much info on the game itself, since the girls are actually playing the game I guess you're supposed to already know what the game is to understand what's really going on when they're playing it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom