• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean Developer tri-Ace is Hiring 3D VFX Artists

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Developer tri-Ace is hiring 3D VFX artists. Information regarding the job listing appeared on Twitter, and was then circulated by Japanese Twitter accounts. The developer is currently looking for artists interested in developing titles for next-generation consoles. [Thanks, @Renka_Schedule!]

The developer mentions that it is explicitly looking for those interested in bringing a “new” and “interesting” experience to players through games.

Additionally, there is mention of an in-house game engine that developers will be using. The tri-Ace hiring site also requests applicants must be experienced in creating titles and speaking Japanese.

It could mean Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Resonance of Fate or some new title.

E2KDB_cVIAUTeO1

Source:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Looking for VFX artists who can translate decent-looking anime character artwork into freakish, soulless rubber doll-like 3D models.

Mr Hyde

They should take a stab at Valkyrie Profile again. Revive the franchise and complete the trilogy. Silmeria was great and then it just went downhill. And the last two Star Oceans were meh to say the least. Haven't even bothered with Exist Archive.

Kuranghi

Celebration time!

Great track if you wake up late for work and only have 25 seconds to get ready. Also, I love the VO here:

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I hope they hire a proper writer as well...
Lol. Star Ocean 4 has, without exaggeration, the worst writing, characters, and story I have ever experienced in a story-driven JRPG.

And I skipped 5 but I heard it’s even worse.

I expect nothing from these clowns. How anybody could be excited about a tri-Ace game nowadays is beyond me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom