• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Legacy 360 screenshots

golem

37861.jpg

37860.jpg

37859.jpg

http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/7830/

fse

not bad. never seen anything star trek, so i have no clue what the story on the movies and games are about.

OatmealMu

I'm digging the atmosphere effects around planets. The asteroids... not so much. They could use once over in terms of textures.

Ghost said:
I think its the Star Trek: Armada team working under the Bethesda banner.

That's cool, the first Armada was an excellent game that was really well done. It lacked a little in depth - but simplicity is better for console games.

Let's hope this one produces a AA effort.

Doesn't look too bad, but I'd want to know more about the game. Large fleet battles would be awesome as long as they were more tactical in nature with the ships handling like capital ships and not fighters.

Armada was kind of fun, but after playing Home World, I never wanted space combat on a flat plane again. Didn't we learn anything from Kahn? :D

BojTrek

Banned
I will love it even if it stinks... I just want to fly the ships around for a while and give the keys back to Kirk and Picard... I hope I can blow up Archers Enterprise...

teiresias

kaching said:
what the...lens flare, in space?

Can you not have lens flare in space? I thought lens flare had to do with the camera's optics and not with atmosphere. Perhaps they just need to set up a resonating inverted tacyon stream in order to properly align the optic particles along the capture path and mitigate the flare?

BojTrek

Banned
teiresias said:
Can you not have lens flare in space? I thought lens flare had to do with the camera's optics and not with atmosphere. Perhaps they just need to set up a resonating inverted tacyon stream in order to properly align the optic particles along the capture path and mitigate the flare?

Make it so! NERD...

Or am I the nerd for knowing the techno-babble?

Borys

Banned
Ghost said:
X3 isnt a game though, its an exercise in tedium.

We aren't commenting on gameplay, only graphics.

This could very be the best space sim ever... one can hope so.

Question to GAF: will this be a 4X type of game or arcade space shooter?

TwIsTeD

Bridge Commander is by the far the best star trek experience I have ever had, well thanks to the huge support of the modding community, legacy will get a chance from me regardless because of an age old affiliation to all things trek

Treo360

BojTrek said:
Make it so! NERD...

Or am I the nerd for knowing the techno-babble?

No I do as well, just make sure that the plasma conduits do not overload else there might be fluctuations in the anti matter flow leading to the warp field destablizing, and we certainly don't want that happening in the gamma quadrant.

BTW I liked the Nx-01

Treo360

TwIsTeD said:
Bridge Commander is by the far the best star trek experience I have ever had, well thanks to the huge support of the modding community, legacy will get a chance from me regardless because of an age old affiliation to all things trek

Agreed

Thaedolus

So what kind of game is this? If it's somewhat like Bridge Commander, I'd look into it, by most Star Trek games, in my experience, have sucked. Isn't there and MMO in the works as well?

Sad as it may be I'm into star trek games, even birth of the federation. So this game is giving me the buzz.

Is it pathetic that I know most of the classes of star ships pictured?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Thaedolus said:
So what kind of game is this? If it's somewhat like Bridge Commander, I'd look into it, by most Star Trek games, in my experience, have sucked. Isn't there and MMO in the works as well?

Yeah there is an MMO, this isnt that though.

Theres not a lot of info but i think they said the combat is squad based, and you go right the way through the Star Trek timeline, upgrading your ships (or replacing them with new models) as you go.

TwIsTeD

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Sad as it may be I'm into star trek games, even birth of the federation. So this game is giving me the buzz.

Is it pathetic that I know most of the classes of star ships pictured?

no.....not sad.... i`ve spent years just playing bridge commander (on and off),sadly im there as well :lol :lol

I'm nerding out on Star Trek 2.0 and Star Trek Uncut on Spike TV. I am not a big enough fan to buy the DVDs (was it 1 episode each??), but seeing them after a few years is so awesome. Since we got BBCA I've been doing the same with Monty Python...so many episodes they never showed on PBS

So this game looks cool. I just hope it controls well, I always hated feeling lost in space in Wing Commander games...Tie Fighter games handled that much better (almost a FOV problem??).

Zenith

Banned
sucks how the graphics (especially the environments) just seem to be Star Trek Armada on acid.

go take a look at the ST mods for Nexus. got your real-time strategy space combat right there. almost looks as good as the show's.

Top Bottom