• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront beta coming Oct to PC/XB1/PS4, strategic card game announced

Great, I really want to test this before buying it. I really like we are getting betas quite frequently, thanks to Black ops beta I don't buy it blindly due having good memories of last one.

Yes im asking why this is a big deal for some. So?
Can we stop discussin this EA Access things?

Topic is about the beta and not EA Access...

I expect the Beta running for 1 week. Maybe 2.

Just so I'm clear, you're asking people in this thread why EA Access is a big deal but you dont want anyone to actually answer your question? o_O

OT, looking forward to try the beta, hope it comes with a few different modes.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great news. Lets me try it out and see how much I love it.

Shows they've got confidence in it too

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent. I guess they're doing this to go toe-to-toe with the Black Ops 3 beta. I know a few people who were convinced to buy BO3 after playing the beta, and I assume DICE wants to make sure its game can be tested by the gaming populace so that it doesn't lose a bunch of sales to Treyarch.

BokehKing

Banned
I heard no sign up's are required and that's all I needed to hear to know that EA will finally do right by us, they must be severely confident in their servers

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
It's an open beta, so there's no need to sign up at all.

My main concern right now is:

With the news that the game will implement matchmaking and have no server browser, will that mean there's no dedicated servers?

UI is a bit too bland based on what we've seen/played so far. Hope they can spruce up the "cards" a bit.

Will it have enough depth? This is a concern by some that it won't be as deep gameplay-wise as a Battlefield or even Call of Duty game.

Euron

I was going to complain at first about it being identical to the alpha but it's cool to hear that Drop Zone is also in it.

Functionality is key for DICE since so many people are predicting launch issues so hopefully they'll get as much out of this as possible.

Hubble

People are confused. Beta and EA early access is different.

Open beta is for everyone in OCTOBER.

EA Access lets you play the FULL game 5 days before release in NOVEMBER.

Dont know about you but i can fill this 10 hours on one weekend day...

10 hours is A LOT of time to decide if you would like to purchase the game, and you will still have time to get it on release and continue your progress especially for its value. It's not like EA Access is expensive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I like the idea of the companion card game that can add to progression. Will give me something to do at work.

Chittagong

Gold Member
People are confused. Beta and EA early access is different.

Open beta is for everyone in OCTOBER.

EA Access lets you play the FULL game 5 days before release in NOVEMBER.

10 hours is A LOT of time to decide if you would like to purchase the game, and you will still have time to get it on release and continue your progress especially for its value. It's not like EA Access is expensive.

Thank you. I was really confused. That sounds awesome.

Lakitu

st5fu
Looking forward to the Beta, but I must admit my hype has got down a significant chunk after seeing gameplay and hearing news like no server browser.

I'm guessing the X1 beta will be 720p.

I expect the full game to be 720p too. sadly.

If you look at some of the recent Frostbite Slides (1, 2)for SSR, they still use 900p for the PS4. I really dont get why they are not trying to improve the resolution for both consoles. Every other game series did that.

I expect the full game to be 720p too. sadly.

If you look at some of the recent Frostbite Slides for SSR, they still use 900p for the PS4. I really dont get why they are not trying to improve the resolution for both consoles. Every other game series did that.

Frostbite is built for scale. Battlefield 4, hell, even Hardline and now Battlefront all have ridiculously massive battlegrounds that aren't being streamed in, but are rendered all at once. The massive enviornments, high end effects, dynamic events occuring and large player counts all mean the consoles are pushing really hard to render hundreds of variables at once, all while using high end, high quality assets.

The fact that Battlefield 4 and Battlefront look as good as they do is stunning given everything that's going on in the game. 900p isn't too far off from 1080p either in terms of visual quality once it's upscaled...

720p though... that really should be worked on.

Frostbite is built for scale. Battlefield 4, hell, even Hardline and now Battlefront all have ridiculously massive battlegrounds that aren't being streamed in, but are rendered all at once. The massive enviornments, high end effects, dynamic events occuring and large player counts all mean the consoles are pushing really hard to render hundreds of variables at once, all while using high end, high quality assets.

The fact that Battlefield 4 and Battlefront look as good as they do is stunning given everything that's going on in the game. 900p isn't too far off from 1080p either in terms of visual quality once it's upscaled...

720p though... that really should be worked on.

I dont have an issue with 900p, they even improved the AA it seems like on PS4.
But im worried about the Xbone version again. Hardline for example just looked like shit on Xbone. And i cant stand playing that game for long. Thats why i hope they improve that.
And in terms of scale, Battlefront Maps fromt what i know, arent as big as BF4 Maps. And we even have less players.

I will get the game for both consoles (friends on both systems) but i really want some improvements for the Xbone version this time around. Its 2015.

I am fully expecting 720p or something like Titanfall's resolution for XBox One too. Some of my friends totally expect 900p or higher and i keep telling them to ease down with the expectations. No way that's going to happen.

720p would seriously suck, but if they can improve on the AA it can be alright i guess, but boy do i not want to see the nasty aliasing i AM seeing in BF4 on my Xbox One. On the other hand, look at some other games like MGS5 and Mad Max. The former i honestly expected to be 720p again and the latter is actually on par with PS4 and even enjoys slightly better performance. So who knows...i guess. I am sure DF will be on it as soon as the beta releases.

Timu

I am fully expecting 720p or something like Titanfall's resolution for XBox One too. Some of my friends totally expect 900p or higher and i keep telling them to ease down with the expectations. No way that's going to happen.

720p would seriously suck, but if they can improve on the AA it can be alright i guess, but boy do i not want to see the nasty aliasing i AM seeing in BF4 on my Xbox One. On the other hand, look at some other games like MGS5 and Mad Max. The former i honestly expected to be 720p again and the latter is actually on par with PS4 and even enjoys slightly better performance. So who knows...i guess. I am sure DF will be on it as soon as the beta releases.
MGS5 surprised me the most.

MGS5 surprised me the most.

Hell yeah. Especially after Ground Zeroes.

Who knows, maybe they get it close to 900p as well. Let's not forget that the player count is not 60 but 40 in this. But i have no idea how much that affects it. 720p doesn't always have to be such a buzzkill though, wasn't Killer Instinct 720p at first too? I played that on a huge screen at MS party during Gamescom and it looked fine to me. Again,hopefully they can find a good AA solution.

Top Bottom