• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II won't have a Season Pass, don't want to fragment community

VariantX

Can't believe it took them so long to figure it out. Guess all those "bf premium, forward estimated dollerydoos" weren't worth the price of people not playing the game at all. Well done EA, another dead battlefield!

The game also has nowhere near the level of customization or depth BF4 had with its weapons. You're just stuck with presets of a handful of weapons. Rewards are sparse and random, taking away incentive to keep playing. Some folks like experimentation and self expression, which doesn't exist in BF1 in the same capacity as it's predecessor. So, people are slowly putting BF1 down and going elsewhere. I'm interested in Battlefront 2 to the extent that I hope there will be some changes to the aspects I disliked like ridiculous hero characters that got to play doom while the rest of us were playing another game.

Best news yet. They can add all the microtransaction stuff they want as far as I'm concerned. Just as long as maps are available to everyone

MutFox

Banned
I'll wait until near launch or just after to buy it.
It's EA after all, will wait to see what the monetization system is.

I generally skip EA games, but got Titanfall 2 since it was community focused.
(Doesn't have a big community though, bad release date)

Purchase on PC of course.
Want the best experience.

The game also has nowhere near the level of customization or depth BF4 had with its weapons. You're just stuck with presets of a handful of weapons. Rewards are sparse and random, taking away incentive to keep playing. Some folks like experimentation and self expression, which doesn't exist in BF1 in the same capacity as it's predecessor. So, people are slowly putting BF1 down and going elsewhere. I'm interested in Battlefront 2 to the extent that I hope there will be some changes to the aspects I disliked like ridiculous hero characters that got to play doom while the rest of us were playing another game.

I doubt that's why people stopped playing. More so the horrible patch work Dice is known for. The best thing that ever happened to Bf4 was the day Dice stopped working on it.

Neolombax

I read somewhere that EA hasn't really confirmed this? But i do hope they go towards the route with no paid DLC for game changing updates i.e maps, weapons, etc. People resonate more with this business model than season passes. I spent quite a few in Titanfall 2 for the cosmetic changes.

Head.spawn

Not only do they fragment the community, but they also keep me from buying your game until it's a lot cheaper, if at all. If you want your unfinished game to be $100, just release it at that price. Call it Lean ASF Early Access.

Microtransaction skins and heroes would work.

Yup,
As long as the heroes are balanced I wouldn't mind going crazy selling them.
Heck reskined heroes i'd be fine with as well

Obi-Wan -> Qui Gon -> Mace Windu -> Shaak-ti, etc
Jango Fett -> Sabine Wren
Leia -> Padme

Seriously if they have/add a single Clone Commander as a hero they would have like 20+ skins they could sell with little work

Priced decently and people would buy the heck out of them.

Gleethor

The best part of this is, even if it wasn't set in stone, the entire internet believes that it's true so EA now knows there will be a massive PR shitstorm if they make a season pass.

Super happy to hear DICE doing this. Super displeased that BF1 wasn't the first of their games to drop the Season Pass.

Game is getting my hopes up really hard though so I have a dark cloud of cynicism boiling up in my gut that I hope gets shown the door when this game comes out.

Mr. Robot

Hope they go the Blizzard way, like in Overwatch, im sure they make a lot on lootboxes while keeping the audience engaged with new content continously... And free.

Top Bottom