• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront III is being salvaged by fans on PC

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-warsgalaxy-in-turmoil
Star Wars: Galaxy in Turmoil is a project by Frontwire Studios that plans to re-create what Battlefront III was meant to be.

"Galaxy in Turmoil" (previously "Project Rebuild (FRD) BF3") by Frontwire Studios plans to re-make what Battlefront III was meant to be.

XWINGHOTHVENATOR.jpg

SSS.png

X2Hoth.jpg

Features [so far]

Main Menu - Map Selector - Class Selector - First Person

Maps: Test Room,Hoth,Tatooine,Space-to-Ground Test Map

Flyable: X-Wing,Y-Wing

Weapons: DC-15S Blaster Rifle,Republic Grenade Launcher,Republic Missile Launcher,Z6 Rotary Blaster Cannon,A280C Blaster Rifle

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everything will be free. Free downloadable content will also be made after release.

Developers: TheDarkSithLord,ColeT2014,CoolJedy,Corra_Ashu,Dinozavr

Drop us a line in either one of these two locations:

"Galaxy in Turmoil" Forums: Commindustries.proboards.com (you can also find some outdated builds here)

Discord Server: discordapp.com/invite/0nSg1sh3VWHJLShh (copy-paste it into your browser)

[If you want to work with us,check this: Moddb.com

(P.S This is made on Unreal Engine 4,in case you didn't know)

more screenshots and playable builds/videos at the link.

basically, from what i can gather, they're using what they can from the leaked builds of Free Radical's Star Wars Battlefront III along with brand new assets and making it into a full fledged, completely free PC game, while adding new content - and promising to keep developing free dlc once it's finished

they're based in russia and they're experienced modders who make up " Frontwire Studios"... but the whole "russian" thing might make disney killing this project a lot, lot harder, no?

you can already go download test builds, they seem to be updating weekly.

and yes, they've managed to keep the ground-to-space from the original free radical project.

i actually really, really like the new battlefront... but this sounds phenomenal!

sheev spin me if old.

Fat4all

Banned
Why.

Why tell people you are doing this.

Now Disney is just gonna shut it down. DO IT FIRST, RELEASE IT. Then tell people, before its crushed.

valouris

Looks very cool, but I am not sure for how long they'll be able to escape Disney's lawyers' radar, especially if they gain more traction and publicity. Shame.

Jawmuncher

It's interesting. I still wonder if dice is taking the feedback for Battlefront 2. People really seem to want BF1&2 style gameplay over what they got.

I don't know why they even bother to try. One thing if it was a dead IP, but not when it is basically the biggest franchise in the world.

lol this looks awful. And simply ripping the models from the leaked alpha and putting it into a free available Engine wont just work..

People should just:
giphy.gif

I really like Battlefront EA but it doesn't play like 1 or 2 at all.
You could say the same about Battlefield 4 to 2. But there is a visible line of progression and evolution in both cases.

Of course it isn't going to play identically to a 10 year old game on a janky-ass engine.

I'm not really sure how you could say that it doesn't play similarly to the originals. You've got third person, no ADS, mobile gameplay, realitvely long TTK... the only big departure is the lack of dodge rolling.

You could say the same about Battlefield 4 to 2. But there is a visible line of progression and evolution in both cases.

Of course it isn't going to play identically to a 10 year old game on a janky-ass engine.

I'm not really sure how you could say that it doesn't play similarly to the originals. You've got third person, no ADS, mobile gameplay, realitvely long TTK... the only big departure is the lack of dodge rolling.

I hated the dodge roll. Good that this isnt in the DICE Battlefront.

Top Bottom