• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass, Cargo, Droid Run, and Hero Hunt Details.

This is my main issue with this. Forcefully splitting the playerbase on a game with no server browser? Fuck that noise.

If you own all the BF4 DLC you are fucked. There are almost no Servers with DLC.

With no Server Browser in Battlefront. Dice can create a Dedicated DLC Playlist for Season Pass owners and everyone can be happy IMO

Fbh

This is my main issue with this. Forcefully splitting the playerbase on a game with no server browser? Fuck that noise.

I own Battlefield 4 and play it every now and then with some friends. I don't own the season pass nor do I own any of the DLC.

I just played for a few hours 2 days ago and had absolutely no problem finding full servers even with the quick match option.
And this is an almost 2 years old game

ryanofcall

We don't even have a Ultimate Edition (and Season Pass) in EU PSN (Switzerland) yet. But I guess Ultimate will be around $120.-, too

BigDug13

I own Battlefield 4 and play it every now and then with some friends. I don't own the season pass nor do I own any of the DLC.

I just played for a few hours 2 days ago and had absolutely no problem finding full servers even with the quick match option.
And this is an almost 2 years old game

That's bad too. Selling new maps that hardly anyone will play, making a bunch of maps most people can't enjoy, making your game still just the base game years later so the average player still enjoys a small amount of content.

k4n3

Banned
i bought the season pass for BF4 and the maps are far better then any of the launch maps id say each pack got better and better, not only do they look amazing but they also run smoother (never dip under 145 fps on DLC maps yet on launch maps like Siege Of Shanghai lucky to stay over 120 with low/med settings) they also added a ton of great guns

BUT.... the problem is most of the servers that people actually play on are the vanilla maps , so in the end most of these amazing maps get wasted and the premium players are left to play the old maps if they want to keep going bottom line the system for DLC is broken

Fbh

That's bad too. Selling new maps that hardly anyone will play, making a bunch of maps most people can't enjoy, making your game still just the base game years later so the average player still enjoys a small amount of content.

Im not saying the system is perfect or even good. Of course that having free map packs would be better.

But people acting as if this will result in players with the core game having no one to play with or as if buying the $50 seasonpack is a must to enjoy the core game are overreacting IMO.

I will be buying the core game and based on how much I enjoyed the beta I'm sure I will get 100+ hours out of it without having to buy any of the DLC.
So I don't see this as a $110 game. It's a $60 game with $50 worth of optional content that will be released over various months or even a year. And based on my experience with previous Battlefield games of the same dev, the existance of this content does in no way affect my enjoyment of what I paid $60 for

The Battlefield premium DLC is pretty much the only piece of DLC i've bought and it was packed full of content.

Not happy with the price, like many others, but I imagine I'll be buying it at some point before the first expansion drop. I thoroughly enjoyed the BETA.

LoveCake

I don't see how the costs for creating & programming some maps works out the same as for creating & programming a game?

This is really starting to wear a bit thin now, sometime soon there is going to be a game & DLC that is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

This way, everything they can think of for the original game is in the game at launch. After it launches and is patched and everyone is settled in and happy, DICE can start thinking of new stuff to add and also incorporate customer feedback from the base game into an expansion pack. And the expansion pack should also be a single, all-in-one package with a single all-in-one price.

So... you'd like all DLC to arrive 2 years after the game launches then?

and you know this by having played a BETA of the game..?
He didn't say that, did he?

And to be honest it's not hard to get a good idea of what content is coming in the game at launch, since they talk about it on the website, and of course on numerous other gaming publications out there:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/features/game-modes

We can make a reasonable assumption based on the beta that each of the game modes that we didn't play will have equivalent depth to, say, Walker Assault. Is that then worth 50 bucks? To some sure, to others maybe not.

specialK

Banned
"the force is expensive with this one"

george_lucas_66923.jpg

Birbo

Have the game on pre-order already, but I am not buying this season pass.

Asking my wife to buy it for me for Christmas.

BigDug13

Im not saying the system is perfect or even good. Of course that having free map packs would be better.

But people acting as if this will result in players with the core game having no one to play with or as if buying the $50 seasonpack is a must to enjoy the core game are overreacting IMO.

I will be buying the core game and based on how much I enjoyed the beta I'm sure I will get 100+ hours out of it without having to buy any of the DLC.
So I don't see this as a $110 game. It's a $60 game with $50 worth of optional content that will be released over various months or even a year. And based on my experience with previous Battlefield games of the same dev, the existance of this content does in no way affect my enjoyment of what I paid $60 for

Well based on my BF2 experience back in the day where I bought the expansion, I never played it because nobody was playing it. The game was basically the handful of original maps and the developers working on expansion content was a waste of unused content while the base game remained stagnant.

Find something else to monetize and give the fucking maps away. Like Killzone did.

majik13

If you own all the BF4 DLC you are fucked. There are almost no Servers with DLC.

With no Server Browser in Battlefront. Dice can create a Dedicated DLC Playlist for Season Pass owners and everyone can be happy IMO

yeah this is what I am thinking too. While no server browser sucks, I think it will alleviate the issue of splitting the playerbase. There will likely just be quickmatch for each mode. Maybe a special one for DLC. There wont be an issue of finding the correct server. And there will be enough players to fill both the Vanilla maps and DLC. It will suck if not all your friends have the maps though.

Top Bottom