• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's harder to optimize and cheat if you're trying to build for PC vs a locked hardware.

Also, a somewhat linear 3rd person corridor shooter vs a larger scale FPS.

I thinkt hat matters less when DICe have said they are optimizing their entire engine for PS4 architecture specifically. I don't know if they are farming out their XB1 versions or what

p3tran

Banned
Congrats dude, you're the last one boarding the star on my shift! Lord Vader ordered me to take a nap so I can concentrate on my exam tomorrow.

It'd be great if anyone could take over the counter. Just drop me a PM and an update with the current version as well as the post number of the last person that entered.

zMgq1Ip.jpg

(last one in: SargerusBR #655 )

oh no you didn't!
check #644
[force choke]
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160411441&postcount=644
[end force choke] :D

a916

I thinkt hat matters less when DICe have said they are optimizing their entire engine for PS4 architecture specifically. I don't know if they are farming out their XB1 versions or what

No it doesn't... they both have the same finite power to use. If you can concentrate that power in a smaller scope, you get a better looking title than if you than if you're trying to match that fidelity but have destruction everywhere, more physics simulations, and giant maps. (all things like artists and everything else being equal)

I assume there will be a lot of "What downgrade?" and also a substantial amount of "Duh, nobody ever thought it was actually going to look like that"

Depends on what people are considering the "original" product.

If it was the in-engine stuff from E3, then no one should have expected that to be the final product. Especially with the in-engine stamp across it.

If it's the teaser at the end of TFA trailer, again, right now no one should expect that due to it looking to be just in-engine and in-game assets molded into a pretty presentation trailer. Not actual in-game gameplay footage.

Now that screenshot is a different story, but that looks perfectly obtainable. Only ones who might be disappointed are console owners, but I don't see how any reasonable person still thinks the console stuff will match up with what is likely PC captures. And honestly, those people deserve to get mocked for it at this point if that's the grounds they are freaking out from.

So barring we get a Watch_Dogs style "this is actual gameplay!" pitch tomorrow/Saturday that doesn't pan out, I think the expectations of a downgrade are more placed in hope rather than what's actually going on.

Not to mention that EA and DICE generally are very good at putting forward representative material.

Edit: We should wait and see the entire footage and what they're all presenting us before attributing those tweets as cold-hard evidence.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy shitbucket! I'm glad you like my idea of a hype star!

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

All aboard!

Tubie

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

Send me to the Hype Star please.

Arttemis

Downgrade would imply they've shown the game before... they haven't.

Pretty sure he was implying the downgrade would happen in months from now, after they've shown "what the game actually looks like" is like what's shown in the gif, not that the downgrade would happen tomorrow.

foxtrot3d

Banned

M57pWkf.jpg

Beam me up to the hype. Wait, I mean the Hype is with me.

i-Lo

When I saw that clip, I thought it was the movie. I can sort of see it being a reality on PCs but on consoles.... nope.

If only the PS4 version was 792p@30fps perhaps there is some hope in hell. Otherwise, the game's LOD and pop-in system might induce epilepsy.

i-Lo

BTW:

I have never played any previous Battlefront games but was there always a SP campaign? Given the way the has always been talked about, I'd assumed that it's MP only.

JDHarbs

BTW:

I have never played any previous Battlefront games but was there always a SP campaign? Given the way the has always been talked about, I'd assumed that it's MP only.
The sequel did. The first was just matches in chronological order.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
last time i believed dice, they stole my 60$ for bf4

ill wait for real footage

Sure let's blame it on the developer when the publisher wanted to rush it out so they can compete with Call of Duty.

Dumb question but is this a star wars game set up like battlefield?
Not a dumb question. The old Battlefront games (not made by DICE) took a lot of features from the Battlefield series, such as using different class set ups and vehicles to captures hard points / objectives.

It remains to be seen if there is as much customization for kits / classes that Battlefield has now, or if it will have some (or none at all), if if they will bring back a control based game type.

Azzawon

M57pWkf.jpg

Count me in!

GnawtyDog

Banned
so its all live action? I highly doubt that.

No. The same thing as Uncharted 4 teaser. In-engine assets. The camera panning and scripting make it shine like that - everything is controlled for the perfect bullshot sequence - and why NOT? As long as there is a clear distinction made about it being a cutscene vs.gameplay we are good. It could be a cinematic cutscene that ends up in the game - but it's still a cinematic cutscene and NOT gameplay.

Sami+

The shot looks obviously supersampled but that's typical for promotional shots. Otherwise it's pretty believable, and looks really good.

M57pWkf.jpg

Can I get a spot pls

Philippo

Congrats dude, you're the last one boarding the star on my shift! Lord Vader ordered me to take a nap so I can concentrate on my exam tomorrow.

It'd be great if anyone could take over the counter. Just drop me a PM and an update with the current version as well as the post number of the last person that entered.

zMgq1Ip.jpg

(last one in: SargerusBR #655 )

Not possible now, sorry!

I'd like to enroll the Empire Hype Army please.

Woorloog

Banned
Tell me this won't have ADS (Aim down sights). A mechanic that doesn't suit Star Wars (yes, yes, Battlefronts had zoom but IIRC, it was just that, a zoom).

npa189

This kills my GTX 670... I need to get a new GPU before this ships.

I'm really excited, this could totally redeem DICE for me if they have a flawless launch that isn't lousy with DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom