• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Forces of Destiny announced (animated shorts, toys, stars leading women)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

c1urlhttps3a2f2fi.gya3vuaf.png

That's really disappointing, loved him in Road Warrior

gutshot

Me: *reading through the bullet points*

This sounds pretty cool. Something both me and my kids would enjoy.

Me: *seeing the screens from the shorts*

giphy.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'd rather they just did hands moving the action figures around with VA than pretend that level of animation and art is anywhere near what DISNEY should be comfortable putting out. Why even bother at that point.

Great initiative but that art style...
Rei looks okay but Leia really doesn't. And poor Chewbacca.
I hope it'll make a better impression in motion. DC Super Hero Girls looks a lot better.

Ahsoka's got a long span of time between Clone Wars and Rebels to fill in. Her being in this doesn't really tell us anything about her fate post-Rebels.

You could say there's enough there for a spin off, but Disney relegates her to this fluff, which they know I'll watch...the sneaky bastards.

She's using two green sabers, so that takes place during the Clone Wars.

Pay close attention to her outfit. Looks like her story will take place not long after she left the order.

Yeah, I just noticed this after I came back in and the images loaded. I'm annoyed, but more Ahsoka is always good.

She's such an interesting character, I really wish they'd do more with her. Distinctive look, style, fighting style and trained under both Anakin and Obi Wan. Frustrating she hasn't been able to break out into live action or get her own animated movie

Elandyll

Banned
On one hand it's a good initiative...

Otoh the cynical in me can't help think it's an effort that's entirely marketing led and not about "doing the right thing", after a report came back to a Disney exec, saying that the SW universe was leaving money on the table by not appealing enough to the 6-12yr old girl demo.
Exec: this shall not do, we're Disney and we know Princesses and positive girl power image. Wait... Can we do this on the cheap and still make boatloads of money on dolls?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

c1urlhttps3a2f2fi.gya3vuaf.png

What?

People who say shit like this are weird. Having one extra woman in a lead role means it's no longer accessible for them?

The movies, shows, etc pretty much all related media is still almost entirely male focused. The fuck are these people even complaining about. Do they seriously need all male leads to get any kind of enjoyment?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks cool and I'm glad its pissing off MRA's but man that art style screams Bratz dolls. Why can't someone let Genndy Tartakovsky make another Star Wars cartoon series?

SeanC

Cool that sounds an awesome idea for a new line and...

...oh...oh no...

Well...at least the women are getting a solid 79.5% effort on their new line.

Faiz

None of this really offends me as it's obviously not for me and nothing is happening to the stuff that IS for me, but does no one else feel this is just shy of "its for girls because it's pink" type marketing and design?

Dude Abides

Banned
Interesting idea, although I'm not too excited about the notion that there was a side story that happened in the middle of TFA that just got left out of the movie.

The dolls look like the Team America puppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom