• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Waldini

Han will die. That's a fact. Ford has been stating this "wish" since Empire Strikes Back.

"Mr. Ford. Care to join us in Episode 7?"
"I don't know. I'm not joining unless the character dies and I can finally leave this POS franchise to rest"
"... we actually have a neat character arc for you to play in 3 movies. Han Solo will become important!"
"No. I want the character to die."
"... but..."
"Does. He. Die?"
"Well ... we could rewrite the script Mr. Ford."
"Good. Make sure he dies."
"As you wish ... mr. Ford"

... at this point I've started believing MSW. Everything is on point so far. Strange really. The "Han" dying leak has been known for quite some time now. It's a shame J.J Abrams didn't change it last minute. Or did he?

Cheebo

Banned
The episode VIII release date still stands out. Why not december every year?
The intention is to always release in May, TFA and Rogue One are the only ones not scheduled for that time frame.

Han will die. That's a fact. Ford has been stating this "wish" since Empire Strikes Back.

"Mr. Ford. Care to join us in Episode 7?"
"I don't know. I'm not joining unless the character dies and I can finally leave this POS franchise to rest"
"... we actually have a neat character arc for you to play in 3 movies. Han Solo will become important!"
"No. I want the character to die."
"... but..."
"Does. He. Die?"
"Well ... we could rewrite the script Mr. Ford."
"Good. Make sure he dies."
"As you wish ... mr. Ford"

... at this point I've started believing MSW. Everything is on point so far. Strange really. The "Han" dying leak has been known for quite some time now. It's a shame J.J Abrams didn't change it last minute. Or did he?
It would hurt the movie to not have him die. It's a central element of the heroes journey. Han fits the role of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan before him.

No chance they change it at the last minute. That would destroy the film.

Also you forget who wrote this film. Lawrence Kasdan. Who wanted to kill off Han in ROTJ but Lucas vetoed it at the time.

Kylo Ren minifig has a mask on his face even with the hood off. But yes Phasma has a black head underneath.

LEGO has done this before with minifigures when the identity under the mask is unknown. Some of the earlier Stormtrooper minifigures before they started using Jango Clone heads for all stormtroopers. There are more examples.

So far there is no material that proves we see Phasma with the helmet off in TFA. So either LEGO knows this which is why we get the black head, or more likely Disney did not want anything revealed about what is under the mask (as of the release of these toys on Force Friday) and so LEGO's only choice is to use a blank head.
Interesting. Doesn't change that they both look awful, Kylo's mask isn't a face. The sets are pretty epic though.

Regardless, they're cheap pieces of plastic and not worth getting worked up over, lol.

Metalmarc

image.jpg

I haven't played the whole, Luke is Kylo thing yet! notice how he stops his saber rather than striking Rey thats not very Evil....just kidding.

But what if Adam Driver was one of the other Knights of Ren, ( i just noticed they have similar costumes) and we didnt find out who played Kylo until episode 8 that would be interesting

Joeytj

Banned
image.jpg

I haven't played the whole, Luke is Kylo thing yet! notice how he stops his saber rather than striking Rey thats not very Evil....just kidding.

But what if Adam Driver was one of the other Knights of Ren, ( i just noticed they have similar costumes) and we didn't find out who played Kylo until episode 8 that would be interesting

Adam Driver is Kylo Ren.

J.J. Abrams likes to pretend he is a master of mystery and twist, but a defining trait of his is that there's almost never really that much of a mystery to begin with. Khan was Khan in Into Darkness, Super 8 and Cloverfield were about aliens, and Luke is probably just hiding and did not turn to the dark side.

If anything, J.J. Abrams is bad at managing expectations with his mystery box.

Moff

image.jpg

But what if Adam Driver was one of the other Knights of Ren, ( i just noticed they have similar costumes) and we didnt find out who played Kylo until episode 8 that would be interesting
I agree, I added a few more
imagedgszt.jpg

kaiju

Some big spoiler rumors hit reddit/starwarsspeculation that seem to match up with the spoilerboard leaks: https://m.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/3ryycc/lukekylo_spoiler_seriously/

Only read quotes if you want to read possible spoilers!

the source here is a close friend of the family of one of the chief officer's @ disney.. i'll get a lot of crap and downvotes for not releasing which officer/person this is, but hey--you can believe me or not. I don't care! ;)

It is revealed early on in the movie that Kylo believes he is Luke's son, and in-turn, believes he was abandonned by him before they ever met.

Snoke is the one who perpetuates this belief from the start via projection (a la the emperor in ANH) and convinces Kylo that Luke killed Vader, abandonned Kylo, and ruined any chance at peace throughout the galaxy. He tells him he must use whatever means (even if evil) to find Luke and destroy him to fufill his destiny.

Kylo is simply a pawn although a powerful one at that.

There are two 'ah-ha' moments in the movie.

Kylo sits in the Millenium Falcon and has flashbacks of his father (later in the movie revealed to be Han) with his mother (Leia), early on in his life. He then has a quick flashback of Luke teaching him, but the vision abrubtly ends when Hux's ships from above begin attacking. The audience understands now that Snoke is pulling the wool over Kylos eyes to hide the fact that he wasn't Luke's son. If Kylo knew this, he would never feel the need to avenge Luke for abandonning him since he is not his father.

When Kylo begins fighting Finn/Rey in the forrest, they attempt to tell him the truth, but he still persists to cut Finn's hand off. It's not until Han arrives with Rey (Rey fights him also momentarily), that Kylo believes them after seeing his true Father (Han) that he recognizes from the flashbacks. At that very moment, the ground begins to erupt and Han is sucked in by the earth as Kylo can only manage to save Rey/Finn. It's unclear if Han dies, but they act as if.

It's later revealed that Snoke was the one who began to make the ground crumble in order to preserve his charade (unsuccessfully).

Lastly, my source was very guarded on telling me what happens in the end, but for the most part, he said this:

Driver's (no longer a Ren) story arc begins to mirror the exact opposite of Anakin.. After the revelation Snoke was fooling him all these years and had brainwashed him, he begins moving toward the light.

The images of Driver without his helmet is post death of Han, walking towards the Falcon with his new comrades, mournful, yet reborn in the light.

Finn/Rey don't totally buy that Driver should be trusted until they meet with Luke who explains to them that the only way to defeat the dark side is to turn those mistaken, to the light (a la Vader ultimately turns to the light).

Luke then reveals who Snoke is. Kylos is in utter disbelief, and vows to learn from Luke to help his new friends.

Of course the climax of the movie is the destruction of star killer base, but much like RoTJ, simultaneously, all the above is being revealed.

Oh and he wouldn't even hint at who Snoke was. All he said was 'the anti-luke'. And apprently one of our goodies (not driver or luke), is hinted at being contacted by Snoke at the end, hinting they will turn down a dark path. no idea if that will be rey or finn. Or even poe.

I feel spoiled.. Hope it's not true! But sounds like this sets things up for an awesome ep 8.

I would classify that as safe to read, because that isn't even close to a spoiler. That is some wild speculation that must have formed in a vacuum free from the rest of the spoiler world.

Moff

sounds way to complicated for a star wars plot, honestly. and those leaks who reveal tons of complicated shit and withhold simple but truly interesting stuff (like snoke, here) are usually super bullshit.

prag16

Banned
That doesn't match the shot list. At all. Sounds like made up Reddit nonsense.

How much commentary is included with the shot list? Was it actually the shot list that stated "Kylo ends the conversation with Han forever" or something like that?

If it's just a shot list, why would it have commentary of that kind along with it?

Though as noted, this "leak" doesn't match up with regard to Han being around during/after the lightsaber duel.

Kuros

How much commentary is included with the shot list? Was it actually the shot list that stated "Kylo ends the conversation with Han forever" or something like that?

If it's just a shot list, why would it have commentary of that kind along with it?

Though as noted, this "leak" doesn't match up with regard to Han being around during/after the lightsaber duel.

That's it in terms of the shot list. That commentary along with Han not appearing in another scene = hes dead.

Cheebo

Banned
I mean where did that commentary come from, which we're taking as gospel and using to "flesh out" the shot list?
Every shot lists the characters in the scene. Han no longer is in any shots after that. He isn't on the Falcon when they escape and so on.

prag16

Banned
Every shot lists the characters in the scene. Han no longer is in any shots after that. He isn't on the Falcon when they escape and so on.

I know. But I mean stuff like the line "Kylo ends the conversation with Han forever" and whatever else. That was on the callsheets? If not, where did we got that (and other commentary) from, and why is it considered gospel?

Kuros

This is clearly BS, hits fanfic territory half-way through.

Whenever there is a "My mates dads is a bigwig" in a rumour its always BS. Bigwigs don't tend to get to where they are by blabbing the plot to people and there's little chance some random exec will be the intricacies of the plot.

Cheebo

Banned
I know. But I mean stuff like the line "Kylo ends the conversation with Han forever" and whatever else. That was on the callsheets? If not, where did we got that (and other commentary) from, and why is it considered gospel?
"Ends the conversation forever" is word for word off the shot list per Jason Ward. It's gospel since we got it before any official media and all official media over the past year matches the leaked shot list 100%. The shot list had descriptions of each shot in terms of what was going on.

For example the actual shot list for Spectre leaked in the Sony leaks, each shot had descriptions of what went on in each scene in a similar manner.

Having read the Spectre one, these are pretty solid indicators of what happens in every scene of a movie from a story and plot stand point.

He doesn't have a solo movie planned, that is all fan pipe dreams at this point.

We have
2015 - The Force Awakens
2016 - Rogue One
2017 - Episode VIII
2018 - Han Solo
2019 - Episode IX
2020 - Boba Fett (not officially Fett but all indications and rumors point to it being a Fett film)

Nothing beyond 2020 yet.

What a time to be alive. Man.

Top Bottom