• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - 9 Minutes of Gameplay | IGN First

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lightsaber still looks weak as hell but hey, I liked the first one and this sequel seems to be even better so yeah, nice.
Disney itself has nerfed the lightsabers heavily in film, animation, books, etc., compared to the OT/ST.

Games really shine when the light hits. Looks good. This is for new-gen Consoles only right?
Yes. Current gen only.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Disney itself has nerfed the lightsabers heavily in film, animation, books, etc., compared to the OT/ST.
Lame. We have (or had) disintegration in Mandalorian, why can't I split fuckers in two in my jedi game? :lollipop_weary:

It's specially dumb if you consider there wouldn't even need to be any kind of blood, but whatever, Disney gonna Disney.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lame. We have (or had) disintegration in Mandalorian, why can't I split fuckers in two in my jedi game? :lollipop_weary:

It's specially dumb if you consider there wouldn't even need to be any kind of blood, but whatever, Disney gonna Disney.
I believe dismemberment is in with this one, but it may only be with special moves or finishers.

Kacho

Still rocking the Logan poopy pants run from Syphon Filter. Dude is chafing like a motherfucker.

dMZl8AO.gif

Kuranghi

The IK fucking sucks big balls but I like what I see in terms of graphics and world design, the combat is improved slightly but still probably going to be the weakest part of the game imo, as long as the exploration and environment variety is fun/good enough I'm in though, loved the first game on PC once I tweaked the awful default TAA settings, 100% bet its borderline trash out of the box again and inputting 5 lines into engine.ini will make it look twice as good as their in-game config.

Like with the recent Spongebob the first one they made, the remake of BFBB, just had FXAA and you had to ini edit to even get TAA, let alone with good variables, then in the Cosmic Shake recently they use only TAA but its pants looking, they made it not use user added engine.ini variables so I had to download (/buy) Unreal Engine Unlocker 4 just to be able to edit them, I have to paste in a giant string into the console every time I start it, please ffs don't make it so I have to do that with Survivor you bunch of wallopers.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
One of the biggest issues I had in the first game apart from the level design, was how his feet weren't connected to the ground, he "floated" when he walked, and when you dodged, it felt sloppy. I hope they can pull off a more grounded and responsive feel.

Mr Hyde

Looks really good. I liked the first one and this seems even better. I hope they've revamped the stupid map system.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Already pre-ordered it.

Had a blast with the first one, and will definitely have a blast with this one.

Still that wonky running animation...

Adam Sandler Reaction GIF

I honestly wish they pull a RE2 Nemesis system with Darth Vader on the sequel. Would be so damn dope.

Last edited:
I found the first one to be a disappointment and this one seems in line for more of the same. They'll never make the Jedi game I really want though.

The thing I hate the most about these Star Wars games is that if lightsabers are going to be functionally the same as every other video game weapon, then why fucking bother?

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Lol @ 5:28 and the combat bits right after, those weird monsters only have decapitation coded or something & it just looks so wrong to have all of them end so...

You are making a lightsaber game and can't devote some time in proper piece cutting like something like Wii Sports Resort's sword mini games had? Come on...

Romulus

The lightsaber is really lame in this game. I understand the idea of it not being overpowered, but it's just ridiculously nerfed.

anthony2690

Banned
Maybe it is just me, but I don't really like watching others play games (unless it's a fighting game tournaments or halo infinite esports)

But whenever I watch someone else play a game, I just think that looks boring, I like playing games for myself. 😁

I think I just like an overview trailer, showing what I can expect bits of gameplay here and that and I can usually make my mind up whether I think the game would be for me.

I'm probably in the minority with this view.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Lost hype entirely. Same janky/horrid as shit animations like the first. Still no human dismemberment. Samey ugly ass boring environment. Like holy fuck its the same game but with better graphics. THE RUNNIGN ANIMATION HOLY FUCK HORRIBLE. How. How???? How are the devs watchcing that and thinking, yeah its good my dudes. Have they never played any game in the last 10+ years? I just cant unsee that shit lol. Lemme guess, exploration is rewarded with skins only again, right?

Last edited:

Alex11

I hoped they got rid of some of the environment traversal, it's so off for me to see a Jedi wall running and not be able to jump high or long. I hope there is at least some kind of super speed, remember in the first one doing the same long walks and jumps kind of got tedious, especially if you want to collect everything.

But yeah, Jesus, that running and walking animation, it's really bad.

Pelta88

Something is really odd about this gameplay. Specifically that the light sabers have almost next to no sound. Part of the fun of playing as a Jedi is that distinct saber audio...

Odd that EA seem to have removed that from the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Damn, must suck running around alien planets with your pants full of shit.

Still getting the game though, if it's even a small improvement over the first one (which was janky but good) it's gonna be great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom