• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Now with the update does the game run at 60fps with a good resolution, or is it still running at a low resolution but with stable 60 fps?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I reckon 1080p

0x0.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Definetely more stable, at least Koboh feels more smooth.

However there are still some strange rendering effects around Cal when you rotate the camera.

damidu

wow word of a caution for anyone willing to give this a go on pc, after dlss updates. you can make the image and fps look pretty good.
but cant believe how horrible it gets at koboh, constant travel stutters, 2 second pauses in and out of every cutscene.
its at an unbelievable state half a year after release.

ps5 performance mode after last patch plays like a dream compared to this. stick to consoles for now.

Last edited:

ryan90k

Neo Member
The game has some very distracting artifacts without raytracing especially around water. It uses SSR but clearly has no fallback solution for when objects are obstructing the view.

See it for yourself link here

Last edited:

ryan90k

Neo Member
I meant to say this is with the new patch on Xbox series x and ps5 that disables raytracing. Does the pc version do this too?

I got the plat trophy back when this had the *worst* performance I've seen in years (PS5). Frame drops, frame pacing, stuttering, texture pop-in, hard crashes, you name it. Yet I played it long and thoroughly enough to get the plat trophy because the game is *fantastic*. If the issues have truly been fixed then I'd say it's a must-buy 👌

Last edited:

ryan90k

Neo Member
The game has some very distracting artifacts without raytracing especially around water. It uses SSR but clearly has no fallback solution for when objects are obstructing the view.

See it for yourself link here
yes, if you disable raytracing.
I wonder if they will fix this now given that all console players will now be experiencing this as well provided they choose performance mode. Can't they just add cube maps to make up for the missing screen space info.

Paasei

It always was. But the performance whining shouted over anyone talking about how good of a GAME it was.
It’s hard to enjoy a game that doesn’t perform well. I agree with you that Jedi Survivor is really fun, good even. But the performance and a bug I encounter that there were no bounties prevented me to finish it, let alone playing again (I so want that red saber).

Bojji

Why didn't they launch it like this? They mostly just disabled RT in performance mode. Massive difference in FPS, at launch it was a shitshow, I wonder who at EA/Respawn saw ~40FPS performance mode with absurdly low resolution and though: this is ok, let's launch it!

Last edited:

Kenpachii

So where does the game has the most issue's with performing?

Also did they fix the problems already with stutter? thinking about picking it up on PC as i can get it for 35 bucks.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So where does the game has the most issue's with performing?

Also did they fix the problems already with stutter? thinking about picking it up on PC as i can get it for 35 bucks.
The worst performance is in a town called on a planet called Koboh (I think). Tons of drops in that area. I played it on a 7800X3D and 4090 and the drops were noticeable back in June. But they weren’t so bad that it stopped me from finishing the game. I enjoyed my time with the game and will play it again as it’s a great Star Wars experience. Something that has been rare in the Disney era,

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Fired up uesyerday on series x and it runs amazing in game at 60fps. Very happy.

Still have the issues of pop in on cutscenes which is a shame because the production is so good but they just didn't quite get there so it makes it look cheap.

Kenpachii

The worst performance is in a town called on a planet called Koboh (I think). Tons of drops in that area. I played it on a 7800X3D and 4090 and the drops were noticeable back in June. But they weren’t so bad that it stopped me from finishing the game. I enjoyed my time with the game and will play it again as it’s a great Star Wars experience. Something that has been rare in the Disney era,

How far into the game is koboh?

King Dazzar

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Update 7.5 Patch Notes:​

This patch introduces several fixes across all platforms, including:

• Fixes for creature & vehicle animations
  • Fix for binocular beacons not working when ray tracing is disabled
  • Quality improvement for reflections when ray tracing is disabled

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
It's a great game but I'am suffering PTSD from absolutely shocking Boss fight lol.

I'am gonna play spiderman 2 to recover but I will definitely return to it.

A Great take on the Souls like formula

The frogs? Yeah, that one is a bitch. I beat it with cheesing those strong enemies into his lair

The frogs? Yeah, that one is a bitch. I beat it with cheesing those strong enemies into his lair
Hmmm good tactic that one was bad the duo is just.... so bad lol.

I like difficulty fights I've spent hours and hours on some of my most favourite bosses.

But this is difficult for all the wrong reasons. It like a meme to see how bad they could make it!

makaveli60

What an awesome game this is! I‘m only after finishing the first part of Kobah, but I’m already having a blast. It oozes the good old SW atmosphere in every way. Granted, I already liked the first game a lot, but this turned up everything that was good in that. And it also feels “nextgen” to me, thanks to the beatiful visuals. I can only recommend it to anyone on the fence!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
After spending ~20 hrs in the first planet and getting bored to death by the characters (especially Cal and BD1 - one of the worst characters in SW universe period and they haven't done anything to change that since Fallen Order) and child like nature of the story and just overall vibe of the game, I thought that... okay, let's see what's next.

Now I can safely say that Jedi Survivor is a HUGE disappointment for me on almost every level. They've downgraded the game from adventure to huge hug shites with nowhere near as good content and variety as it was in Fallen Order. Gone are amazingly designed huge Zeffo ruins, gone are multiple planets with huge interconnected maps and levels, say hello to one okay hub and one very boring one with a few shite locations as planets. Moreover, they've turned the game into fuckin' platformer with a shit ton of ziplines, jumping, climbing and what's worse they even tied all this to the game's progression as more and more stuff becomes locked behind this shit. There's even a whole pla... I mean moon, where you can't even walk 10 meters by not riding a ziplin, jumping and climbing - WTF?!

Like, that's all you came up with after 4 years, Respawn? It's not a Star Wars adventure game anymore and a much worse game than original. Sure, there a few new stuff when it comes to combat, but overall it's exactly the same as in Fallen Order and when it comes to fighting huge beasts and stuff like that it's still absolute shite just like original was, cuz combat system was designed around fighting humanoid enemies, droids and small creatures at best. What's worse is that I'm playing the game after watching Andor, Mandalorian S3 and Ahsoka, each of which infinitely better than Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor combined.

I mean, I like Fallen Order for it's adventure part and design, cuz it feels like a Star Wars adventure game (with terrible main character but still), but Jedi Survivor is anything but Fallen Order and I don't like it one bit, not to mention boring story and child like nature of the game. Ugh, I guess at this point I just want something more mature in this universe, much better written and way more interesting in terms of main characters as well, which video games simply cannot provide... yet. I can safely say that there's a very high chance that I won't even buy the next game after Jedi Survivor, cuz I don't trust Respawn to make SW game I want after Andor, Mandalorian S3 and Ahsoka.

Last edited:

Zuzu

After spending ~20 hrs in the first planet and getting bored to death by the characters (especially Cal and BD1 - one of the worst characters in SW universe period and they haven't done anything to change that since Fallen Order) and child like nature of the story and just overall vibe of the game, I thought that... okay, let's see what's next.

Now I can safely say that Jedi Survivor is a HUGE disappointment for me on almost every level. They've downgraded the game from adventure to huge hug shites with nowhere near as good content and variety as it was in Fallen Order. Gone are amazingly designed huge Zeffo ruins, gone are multiple planets with huge interconnected maps and levels, say hello to one okay hub and one very boring one with a few shite locations as planets. Moreover, they've turned the game into fuckin' platformer with a shit ton of ziplines, jumping, climbing and what's worse they even tied all this to the game's progression as more and more stuff becomes locked behind this shit. There's even a whole pla... I mean moon, where you can't even walk 10 meters by not riding a ziplin, jumping and climbing - WTF?!

Like, that's all you came up with after 4 years, Respawn? It's not a Star Wars adventure game anymore and a much worse game than original. Sure, there a few new stuff when it comes to combat, but overall it's exactly the same as in Fallen Order and when it comes to fighting huge beasts and stuff like that it's still absolute shite just like original was, cuz combat system was designed around fighting humanoid enemies, droids and small creatures at best. What's worse is that I'm playing the game after watching Andor, Mandalorian S3 and Ashoka, each of which infinitely better than Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor combined.

I mean, I like Fallen Order for it's adventure part and design, cuz it feels like a Star Wars adventure game (with terrible main character but still), but Jedi Survivor is anything but Fallen Order and I don't like it one bit, not to mention boring story and child like nature of the game. Ugh, I guess at this point I just want something more mature in this universe, much better written and way more interesting in terms of main characters as well, which video games simply cannot provide... yet. I can safely say that there's a very high chance that I won't even buy the next game after Jedi Survivor, cuz I don't trust Respawn to make SW game I want after Andor, Mandalorian S3 and Ahsoka.

I found the game to be very mid as well. The combat is still janky and not that great. Some enemies have stupid, unfair, borderline broken attacks (like the last boss) and I'm pretty sure hit boxes are still a bit broken at times in the game. The skill trees are pretty boring. Koboh is fairly dull and boring as well and moved the game away from feeling like a metroidvania towards a semi open-world. Mounts added nothing much to the game.

A lot of the rewards for exploration are still cosmetics which are boring (just like the first game). I thought there would be more planets to explore - didn't seem that much bigger than the first one. I didn't like the way the story went in the last third or so of the game; I didn't like its twist and I didn't think it was executed well. Performance obviously was garbage on every system for a long time. I also preferred the first one more.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I found the game to be very mid as well. The combat is still janky and not that great. Some enemies have stupid, unfair, borderline broken attacks (like the last boss) and I'm pretty sure hit boxes are still a bit broken at times in the game. The skill trees are pretty boring. Koboh is fairly dull and boring as well and moved the game away from feeling like a metroidvania towards a semi open-world. Mounts added nothing much to the game.
I just don't get why they've added terrible mounts to the game, they look so awful, very badly animated and only there to make you jump higher or to access otherwise gated locations. The flying one is not bad but it got old very fast. And yeah, I agree with pretty much everything else, except I don't have patience to get to the final boss. It's a massive downgrade from Fallen Order and I just don't understand why they did it and made almost everything much worse. I mean, even when it comes to characters, they're pretty much exactly the same as in the first game, not very interesting and one-note.

The whole saloon thing is... alright...? But I just don't care about everything else around it and what you do there. Gardening? Really? What for and for what purpose? Changing music? It pretty much changes itself just fine. Collecting fish for fish tank? What? Tactical holo game? I'm fine, thanks.
A lot of the rewards for exploration are still cosmetics which are boring (just like the first game).
OMG, man. I can't believe they've decided to leave this shit as is and as it was in Fallen Order. I had tons of currency left unspent cuz I just... don't... care about music tracks, different kind of paints, awful outfits, horrible hair / mustache styles and various lightsaber / gun parts cuz it's just cosmetic stuff and nothing else. FFS! It's like they're laughing at our face, don't respect our time at all and made all this shit on purpose even worse than in Fallen Order. Exploration in this game is completely pointless, unless you know exactly where to find stuff which actually provides meaningful upgrades to HP, Force etc. They've also turned some of the BD-1 stuff (which you should have from the start as Cal has everything else from the first game) into purchasable upgrades which added nothing to the game and only there to make you work to get them back.
I thought there would be more planets to explore - didn't seem that much bigger than the first one.
The first game still not ideal cuz of the heavy reliance on terrible slides and stuff like that, but at least there was very unique and distinct locations to explore, multiple planets, amazingly designed Zeffo ruins, shrines and temples with puzzles, explorations and backtracking was a bit flawed by design cuz there was no fast travel and holo map was bad, but still.... at least it felt like you were on an adventure, exploring cool stuff and design of the locations was great.

So WTF happened? Lead level designers of the first game left or something? How the fuck JS ended up much worse than FO?
I didn't like the way the story went in the last third or so of the game; I didn't like its twist and I didn't think it was executed well.
I stopped playing after the second story mission on Jedha. Fuck all this shit, it was made and written not for me, it's boring and not interesting one bit. The Old Republic has way better story for each class, but sadly it's gated by terrible MMO gameplay and stuff, there was a time you could skip all this shit though and experience the good stuff.
Performance obviously was garbage on every system for a long time. I also preferred the first one more.
In my experience it was a crash fest with RT enabled (I've 3080Ti), much better without RT but the game is riddled with graphical glitches / errors, various other junk in terms of animations, exploration and combat even. It's an effin' mess of a game.

Last edited:

T-0800

Received this game as a Christmas present and I'm about 2 hours in. Enjoying it but the visuals in this game aren't great are they? The hair on the main character looks straight out of a PS3 game and it really bugs me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What an awesome game this is! I‘m only after finishing the first part of Kobah, but I’m already having a blast. It oozes the good old SW atmosphere in every way. Granted, I already liked the first game a lot, but this turned up everything that was good in that. And it also feels “nextgen” to me, thanks to the beatiful visuals. I can only recommend it to anyone on the fence!
This is where I am
I generally shocked how much better this is as a Star Wars product then anything Disney has put out
"Wall of text"
Yeah I'm really not getting all that shit you said.
The only disappointment is the combat is more in line with the Disney Star Wars rather then the prequel Star Wars
I actually came to this thread to see why people aren't talking more about it.
Game is straight up what we need more of
Received this game as a Christmas present and I'm about 2 hours in. Enjoying it but the visuals in this game aren't great are they? The hair on the main character looks straight out of a PS3 game and it really bugs me.
Performance Mode?
vVaSEJp.jpg
9j8rhKz.jpg
XNBVfV8.jpg
oiUn4C2.jpg
I0NWsb0.jpg

Last edited:

T-0800

The game can look great at times no doubt about it. It's just not very polished and I only played it recently after all the patches. I would hate to have played it at launch. Great game though.

Kindela

Banned
Finished the game at 33 hours. I really enjoyed it and think it's as good as the first one. Some things I liked more, like the new moves and mobility options, but I found the planets a lot less interesting than in the first game, so they even out.

I played on Jedi master most of the game, but lowered it to Jedi knight the last 2 hours or so. The combat can get really infuriating with groups of enemies. Some of the sections near the end were ridiculous. 5 enemies of which two are those ninja troopers that attack at the same time leaving no proper opening, flamethrower guys, flying droids, ugh, a mess.

The fact that you can't cancel animations but are swarmed constantly in the late game really took out a lot of combat fun. It turned into a sprintfest, with the occasional hit and a force push hoping for an opening. Maybe I'm just not good enough for this difficulty, but I can't even imagine what it looks like on Jedi grandmaster.

Top Bottom