• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Metroid Prime

star-wars-republic-commando-20040727021104869.jpg

star-wars-republic-commando-20040727021105963.jpg

star-wars-republic-commando-20040727021103057.jpg

Discuss.

Wow...so the similarity in a visual element makes this a Prime wannabe? It's not like MP was the first FP game to use that sort of HUD.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Perhaps if you took the visual elements of this game individually, it wouldn't be so close, but the combination of everything makes it really reminscint of prime, whether it was intended or not. It's not just the HUD (though that is a large part of it).

And excuse those of us who weren't aware of such style pre-Prime..even if it did exist previously, prime made it familiar for most people (i think).

Teddman

Nah, it plays very differently from Prime, it's much closer to a Halo clone. Squad-based teammates and all that. I had a good time with it at E3, hope it turns out to be a solid Star Wars FPS.

I'm sure it plays nothing like Metroid Prime and more like Halo. I'm just suprised how similar the HUD is. I would have thought Halo 2 would have gone for something like this visor view too.

Top Bottom