• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsrjedi

Exclusive posters that change every week? This is how you pad those box office returns...

It's awfully convenient that Regal IMAX's have a collectible on Saturdays and AMC IMAX's have a different item on Sundays.

I guess it's lucky none of the IMAX's near me are owned by either of them or I'd be awfully tempted.

border

So I guess Disney is just going to sweep the 3D conversion of Phantom Menace under the rug? I'm surprised that they aren't at least showing that in 3D.

killroy87

I think the trailer is like around 1am or 2am our time in the uk, or 8pm edt?? (Still trying to learn time conversions between our two countries

I'm more just curious about how long through a football game half time generally is, as the trailer (and ticket sales) are dropping at half time. 90 minutes? two hours?

Simo

I'm more just curious about how long through a football game half time generally is, as the trailer (and ticket sales) are dropping at half time. 90 minutes? two hours?

Usually 30 minutes in since each quarter is 15 minutes but factor in ad time and stoppages and when kick off actually happens. Plus half time is usually a 15 minute break and the trailer could debut any time between then.

Either way as soon as the trailer airs and goes online someone on GAF will make a thread pronto so you won't miss it but if you're thinking time...UK folks probably anytime from 2am to 3am.

Chris R

Usually 30 minutes in since each quarter is 15 minutes but factor in ad time and stoppages and when kick off actually happens. Plus half time is usually a 15 minute break and the trailer could debut any time between then.

lol

Halftime should be between 70 and 90 mins into the game.

border

I am surprised that I haven't seen anyone asking, but....

....what version of the Original Trilogy are they showing?

Simo

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...d-for-disney-springs-amc-theatres-in-florida/
Starting at AMC Disney Springs 24 between 7 and 8 p.m., guests of the Opening Night Event will have a confirmed seat at the first few public showings of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and then enjoy a private after-hours party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios until 2 a.m. The party will include access to the new Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit, the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction, and a DJ dance party. The night will be highlighted with the preview of a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic “Star Wars” score. Event attendees will also get a commemorative souvenir event ticket. Guests of the Event are encouraged to come dressed in costume showing allegiance to the light side or dark side of the Force.

The newest “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” trailer will debut in ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” Monday, October 19, during halftime of the National Football League (NFL) game between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles. Tune in to ESPN to watch the premiere of the final trailer or join your fellow Star Wars fans at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA to watch the trailer on a giant screen outside AMC Downtown Disney 12 theatres. The fun begins at 5:00 p.m. counting down to the trailer release.

jrcbandit

I'd pay extra to see a 2d Imax showing, but it isn't going to happen is it? The only time I enjoyed 3d was Gravity and Avatar and even then the crappy glasses were very annoying, even worse when putting it over my own glasses (slightly near sighted).

Syf

Banned
I am surprised that I haven't seen anyone asking, but....

....what version of the Original Trilogy are they showing?
This is actually really important. I'm not paying to hear Vader scream "nooooo" at the end of RotJ.

Cheebo

Banned
100% it is the bluray cuts. We have had a member of the Lucasfilm story group earlier this year confirm the theatrical cuts are NOT canon. The bluray/digital ones are. People need to let it go.

We have also learned the on going 4K restorations of the OT are not the theatrical cuts. Nothing is changing in terms of which editions of the films are the ones available.

border

100% it is the bluray cuts. We have had a member of the Lucasfilm story group earlier this year confirm the theatrical cuts are NOT canon. The bluray/digital ones are. People need to let it go.

There's still 3-4 different versions of the original trilogy besides the theatrical cuts.

We could still get Return of the Jedi with Yub Nub intact! Or at least Return of the Jedi without the "Weesa free!" Naboo bullshit.

Wish they could find a compromise. There's some stuff in the special editions that are fine. But there's some stuff that's just plain rancid and if removed wouldn't affect the canon in the slightest. I think at some point we'll get further altered versions, a sort of happy medium.

There's still 3-4 different versions of the original trilogy besides the theatrical cuts.

If you count all the little changes in the home video releases over the years with the laser discs, beta max, and vhs tapes, there's more. There's a website that has all the changes from all the releases.

Arc

How hard do you think it will be to get opening night non imax tickets at an AMC theater? Does anyone have any experience buying advance tickets from them?

How hard do you think it will be to get opening night non imax tickets at an AMC theater? Does anyone have any experience buying advance tickets from them?

You shouldn't have an issue getting tickets, but you'll want to buy them early as the first tickets are usually the bigger screened theaters. The later tickets are for the smaller theaters.

Arc

You shouldn't have an issue getting tickets, but you'll want to buy them early as the first tickets are usually the bigger screened theaters. The later tickets are for the smaller theaters.

So if I try to buy them right away tomorrow night from say movietickets.com I should be good?

I'm just wondering if this will be the kind of thing where I have to pound F5 like getting Taylor Swift floor tickets.

border

I would buy from Cinemark/Tinseltown, since they are the only national chain I know that allows you to have assigned seating.

Do you really want to have to line up hours (or even days) in advance just so you don't get some bullshit nosebleed seats in the back corner?

Arc

I would buy from Cinemark/Tinseltown, since they are the only national chain I know that allows you to have assigned seating.

Do you really want to have to line up hours (or even days) in advance just so you don't get some bullshit nosebleed seats in the back corner?

The AMC theaters in Boston are assigned seating thankfully.

I really need the price of the marathon. Like everyone else I have no intention of watching the prequel half, I just want to see the OT on the big screen again. But all my friends can't go to the marathon so I would have to buy the imax showing at 7 as well then switch theaters.

Not sure it's worth it.

mr-paul

Totally going for a ticket at the BFI IMAX, bound to be a midnight showing there.

Never been there before, but this is Star Wars.

If I can't get a ticket, Cineworld it'll have to be!

Chris R

I'd pay extra to see a 2d Imax showing, but it isn't going to happen is it? The only time I enjoyed 3d was Gravity and Avatar and even then the crappy glasses were very annoying, even worse when putting it over my own glasses (slightly near sighted).

It's not going to happen :( I'd pay regular 3D prices for a 2D IMAX showing too.

daveo42

Banned
Not close enough and I'll be preparing for a wedding that day anyway. At least we have plans to go out that night and catch The Force Awakens, but no luck on seeing the whole shebang in theaters. Would have loved to see the original trilogy too.

daffy

Banned
No doubt the opening night event at Disney world will be pricey if they're letting us into the park after hours

Plan on hitting the ore sale right away, our theatre is a reserved theatre and they have those giant recliner style seats which means there are only 70-80 seats per screen

daffy

Banned
Pricing for the Opening Night Event
Disney Parks Blog said:
Ticket prices reflect a variety of format options for the movie, including 2D ($94.99), 3D ($98.99) and 3D ETX ($99.99).
Almost the price of regular park admission. Decisions decisions

likely going in for the marathon. one question though for people who have gone to these sort of things. how long are the breaks usually in between films? and do people come and go as they wish?

i'd prolly go to see the phantom menace finale and bounce until the OG trilogy is on.

Qasiel

I finish work at 8am UK time. You bet your arse I'm trying for some BFI tickets, especially if it's a midnight screening.

Totally going for a ticket at the BFI IMAX, bound to be a midnight showing there.

Never been there before, but this is Star Wars.

If I can't get a ticket, Cineworld it'll have to be!

BFI IMAX is soooooo good.

I'm seeing this with my Dad (who saw the ogs when he graudated from uni) but...i'm kinda tempted to see it at IMAX myself, even if 3D fucks with my glasses etc.

Is it going to be nigh-impossible to get a seat at a regular 2D showing opening weekend if I show up 1/2 hour early?

It's Episode VII. I'd pre-order your tickets and then pre-order your ass in your seat an hour early.

Unless it's assigned seating.

Anyone know if the Universal Citywalk IMAX in CA will be showing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom