• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miletius

The SF drafthouse doesn't really seem to be showing anything. I'd love to go, but I'm not sure when I'm getting out of town for the holidays. Would be really nice to see it there though.

ColonelT

Just had to set the alarm for 2:00 AM! The websites are all functional now. Was able to get decent reserved IMAX 3D seats for Thursday night. Now I can sleep and enjoy life again.

ViciousDS

Banned
just checked on fandango and double checked my movietickets.com purchase

my 6 seats are grayed out and unavailable while everything else is still there..........so badass.

Thanks to whoever caught that movietickets.com stuff yesterday.....allowed me to get THE perfect seats

edit: Who the fuck buys tickets to the marathon and then skips half the movies? Half the fun is watching mediocre movies and then hitting an amazing trilogy. You guys make it sound is if the prequels are as bad as Jupiter Ascending or some shit. Which btw Jupiter Ascending outside of being pretty is worse than ANY of the 3 prequels.

There are plenty of other movies that fall well below the prequels for me not to watch them.....I'm finishing up phantom menace tonight before I go to sleep and still find parts enjoyable.

JimiNutz

Banned
FINALLY managed to get some tickets for the BFI IMAX.
I gave up after numerous failed attempts yesterday and ended up booking a midnight showing in 2D at the local cinema instead.

Now have the BFI IMAX booked for my second viewing (on Boxing Day).

edit: Who the fuck buys tickets to the marathon and then skips half the movies? Half the fun is watching mediocre movies and then hitting an amazing trilogy. You guys make it sound is if the prequels are as bad as Jupiter Ascending or some shit. Which btw Jupiter Ascending outside of being pretty is worse than ANY of the 3 prequels.

There are plenty of other movies that fall well below the prequels for me not to watch them.....I'm finishing up phantom menace tonight before I go to sleep and still find parts enjoyable.

Man I ain't going to a theater at 3 AM to be bored to fucking tears by Episode 1, then insulted by Episode 2, and then annoyed by Episode 3

So yes, I'm skipping the prequels. Ya'll can catch me when the real movies start

Checked Fandango this morning, and my preferred theater had 2D tickets available, so I cancelled my order from last night. I should've known the initial crash would be met with an easier time in the AM.

Risible

Tried the Alamo website until 1am and then gave up. Got up at 6am and sailed right through. 13 tickets and $200 later we are good to go for a Friday showing. Hype!

God bless you.

The thought of sitting in a movie theater at 4am watching Attack of the Clones sends a chill down my spine.

This.

My girlfriend and I are trying to cut through the movies now, and last night we made a-go at The Phantom Menace.

30 minutes in; watching CGI fish swim around and listening to trade disscusions and Jar Jar quips, we turned off and said we'd knock it off within a week or so...

We'll probably end up skipping the prequels all together if I'm being honest with myself.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This.

My girlfriend and I are trying to cut through the movies now, and last night we made a-go at The Phantom Menace.

30 minutes in; watching CGI fish swim around and listening to trade disscusions and Jar Jar quips, we turned off and said we'd knock it off within a week or so...

We'll probably end up skipping the prequels all together if I'm being honest with myself.

My girlfriend saw 2/3 for the first time this past weekend, 1 for I guess the second or something but it wasn't since she was a kid.

Thought 2 was shite, put her off going into 3 for sure, and I don't even mind 3 that much, decent enough second half IMO. But the idea of having sit through 2 at 3/4am? Hell naw.

witness

Got my tickets this morning, it was basically sold out at every theater here on fandango. So I went to a smaller theater chain that sells tickets on their own website and got my IMAX 2D tickets for 7pm. We are working through lunch so we can leave work early that day and get in line. Holy shit I'm hyped.

mjc

Everything for reserved seating was sold out until Sunday morning here, so I grabbed some tickets for a 12:15 showing. At least I have em now. Phew.

HeySeuss

This has to be just trolling at this point.
There is an Episode VII thread. Go there.
Spoiler: No. And he is in the trailer with R2.

I've only seen the first trailer and this one. My bad didn't know. I stay out of that thread for potential spoilers

FaintDeftone

I was able to grab a ticket for the 10:20 showing on the 17th in 3D IMAX. I'm going solo since I'm the only person out of all of my friends who is a Star Wars fan, but there is no way I'm missing out on seeing this in a massive group of fans on opening night. Totally pumped!

Patryn

After getting so frustrated by MovieTickets.com just totally collapsing last night I actually tried going to the theater to buy tickets last night (I ended up going just a bit too late, unfortunately), I woke up this morning and managed to snag tickets to a 7:30 p.m. showing on the 17th.

They're maybe a little closer than I'd like, but they're still tickets.

Anyone going to the celebration cinema marathon in Grand Rapids, MI? I wasn't sure if I wanted to since VII will be in 3D and I can't see 3D but I need to see the OT in theaters just once with my dad.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Marathon schedule for AMC posted:

THE PHANTOM MENANCE: 1:00am (133 minutes, 17 minute break)
ATTACK OF THE CLONES: 3:30am (142 minutes, 23 minute break)
REVENGE OF THE SITH: 6:15am (140 minutes, 1 hr 40 minute break)
A NEW HOPE: 10:15am (121 minutes, 29 minute break)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: 12:45pm (124 minutes, 26 minute break)
RETURN OF THE JEDI: 3:15pm (131 minutes, 1 hr 34 minute break)
THE FORCE AWAKENS: 7:00pm (woo!)

Holy crap will I be tired.

It's not that bad. Starts at 10:15 AM, can sleep in a little with that.

Zia

Keep trying to grab Alamo tickets. It now redirects me to Fandango, which then says, "We are sorry, but an internal error has occurred," at checkout.

kendrid

Banned
So after all the issues last night the big theaters in the NW Chicago suburbs still have plenty of seats in IMAX and 2D for most show times. I thought it would be a complete sellout but it is far from it.
The 9am showings are almost empty. I'm tempted to go to one of those then the 7pm with my kids.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Marathon schedule for AMC posted:

THE PHANTOM MENANCE: 1:00am (133 minutes, 17 minute break)
ATTACK OF THE CLONES: 3:30am (142 minutes, 23 minute break)
REVENGE OF THE SITH: 6:15am (140 minutes, 1 hr 40 minute break)
A NEW HOPE: 10:15am (121 minutes, 29 minute break)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: 12:45pm (124 minutes, 26 minute break)
RETURN OF THE JEDI: 3:15pm (131 minutes, 1 hr 34 minute break)
THE FORCE AWAKENS: 7:00pm (woo!)

Holy crap will I be tired.

By the time The Force Awakens finishes it'll be close to or past 10:00pm. That's almost 24 hours of sitting in a theater.

Ugh

Bought my ticket for first showing at IMAX 3D REGAL ATLANTIC STATION 18 Atlanta, GA on the 18th. Feels Good; Feels Better that it's assigned seating and I already got my seat reserved so I don't have to worry about lines.

border

Who in their right mind is going to go to the theatre at 1AM just to watch the prequels all night long?

I guess that's the schedule they have to commit to, but they really ought to have just split it over two days. You might say "Oh but just wake up at 10 and watch the original trilogy!" Well yeah, but then I'd be paying $60 and would wind up forced to pick and choose possibly poor seats leftover from the all-night crowd.

Patryn

Who in their right mind is going to go to the theatre at 1AM just to watch the prequels all night long?

I guess that's the schedule they have to commit to, but they really ought to have just split it over two days. You might say "Oh but just wake up at 10 and watch the original trilogy!" Well yeah, but then I'd be paying $60 and would wind up forced to pick and choose possibly poor seats leftover from the all-night crowd.

Depending on the AMC, they may have assigned seating. I know quite a few have shifted to that format near me.

I love assigned seating. No more having to show up crazy early to try to get decent seats.

Although I have a feeling that 90 percent of my problems last night getting tickets was because MovieTickets.com kept erroring out trying to launch the seating chart to pick your seats.

border

The only theatre in town with assigned seating is mostly sold out. They still have seats but you'd wind up sitting in either the 2nd row or on the extreme left or right.

I think the best course of action here may be just to get tickets to a 10PM or 11PM show, and skip the crowds entirely. We're still going to try for tickets to the true IMAX screen south of town, since those tickets have not gone on sale yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Much easier to order tonight. I canceled my Sunday tickets and bought Saturday night tickets at imax theater. Boom! Thanks Fandango.

Alamo seems to have sorted itself. I got 1 ticket for 9pm Thursday last night via Fandango and just got 2 via the proper website for 9am Friday morning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fifth time I see the trailer. Fifth time I cry. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I'm so happy I got premier tickets.

I hope there's hype and people dressed up at studio movie grill... That's the only place I could buy last night. The theaters already about halfway full, and I'd imagine most the people buying tickets now are big star wars fans, so I think there's a chance. There probably won't be as much hype as at an AMC or cinemark though.

Chairhome

Im a bit worried that some people who bought online tickets to the IMAX showing here got assigned seats and i did not get assigned seats on mine from the box office. I may have to visit the theater again.

Simo

Hey Cheebo, looks like it's going to be a full house at Rave! Just checked the IMAX showing for the 3 tickets I bought last night and it's sold out. Looks like the next showing is sold out too except for the disabled seating.

Wow. lol

j-wood

I bought my tickets from movietickets.com for the marathon, are you guys telling me i can reserve a see? I'm seeing it in a harkin theater, i didn't see an option to reserve a seat.

I bought my tickets from movietickets.com for the marathon, are you guys telling me i can reserve a see? I'm seeing it in a harkin theater, i didn't see an option to reserve a seat.
I tried looking at tickets at an AMC I knew you could reserve seats with through fandango this morning, but there was no option to reserve seats. Seems like these third party sites are unreliable in that regard.

Simo

Drafthouse posted what the Mondo designed glasses look like:
12140047_755889781189886_2421475468608187121_o.jpg

Patryn

Depends on the theaters.

I live in Boston and some theaters have shifted to the reclining leather seats with assigned seating, and some are still just the traditional stadium seating with no assigned seats.

Drafthouse posted what the Mondo designed glasses look like:

Oh my god. I'm absolutely willing to Paypal someone a generous amount who can hook me up with one of these. Anton Sugar can vouch for me, he got me the Jurassic World pint glass from the Alamo this summer.

I'm at the mercy of anyone who can hook a brother up.

Just got 5 tickets for the marathon at Cinerama in seattle. Feels really good to not wait in line for hours for nothing. It's 5 seats in balcony (assigned seating) but it's better than nothing.

Another Seattle based viewer also checking in here.

I got Lincoln Square tickets for the 11pm showing on Thursday night. (I wanted that rowdy, amped opening night crowd; so where I sit is negotiable)

It will also be viewed with my SO on Sunday @ iPic in Redmond. (to relax and enjoy. Those tix are dead center in the luxury section)

:)

BTW, iPic's website was slammed last night. I was trying to load it on my cpu, iPad and phone and it was all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom