• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars-Themed Lands at Disney Parks Set to Open in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link
Our new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be opening in 2019! Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger just made the announcement many of you have been so anxious to hear during today’s Walt Disney Company Q1 FY17 Earnings call.
StarWarsLand_Iger1280.jpg

As we’ve shared, the Star Wars-themed lands are the largest-ever, single-themed land expansions at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. At each location, guests will be transported to a never-before-seen planet – a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space – where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. Check out some of our earlier images, including a glimpse at one of the signature attractions which lets you take the controls of the Millennium Falcon!

There will be more exciting updates to share in the future as work progresses on each of these galactic lands. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for the latest.

SWTLNightLR.jpg

I fear for the Disney season pass price in 2019.

Hmm. Just took my kids to WDW in 2016, but I don't think I can hold them off from a repeat trip until 2019. Maybe we'll do 2018 and again in 2020.

Down here in WDW right now, you can see they've done major work already in the area what was the Backlot Tour and Lights Camera Action.

Considering the detail at the Star Wars Launch Bay, Stat Wars Land is going to be absolutely ridiculous and ridiculously fun.

daffy

Banned
Not bad. I wonder what they have planned for 2018. Is Toy Story further along or about the same?

2017:pandora: World of Avatar
2018: ???
2019: Star Wars Lands

Haven't been to DisneyWorld since 2009, looks like I found my next date. Looks like they've had a ton of new stuff built with Avatarland coming.

Tagyhag

While I'm excited for this, I'm more excitied on the prospect of the other parks having less people walking around after the initial hype dies down.

Hollywood studios was a little disappointing last time I went due to the closing of the backlot and New York Main Street areas. Star wars and toy story lands should be pretty cool though. Hoping baby Sinclair makes his way into star wars land somehow.

Do we have an opening date yet for Super Nintendo World over in Orlando? I know that they're aiming for 2020 in Universal Japan but what about Orlando and/or Hollywood?

Linkura

Do we have an opening date yet for Super Nintendo World over in Orlando? I know that they're aiming for 2020 in Universal Japan but what about Orlando and/or Hollywood?

Not that I know of.

I'll believe it when I see it in regards to SW Land. Rivers of Light is almost a year late and MIGHT be debuting soon. They can't even get a fucking light show to work properly on time. DL might make 2019, but I really doubt it for HS.

To someone who asked, Toy Story Land is slated for 2018. It's supposed to be a quicker build. I can see that coming in on time.

Fingers crossed for you there's a soft opening! It's happened before with lands IIRC.

Might be in tests that you can get on then. Thats what Universal did with Harry Potter. They would randomly open it the week before for a few hours.
Probably still just a bit too early - the 9th through the 16th. But hey, we'll see.

The bummer is originally we were going to be going a couple weeks later, but my summer classes forced us to push it up.

daffy

Banned
Cool. Disney is the absolute worst at banging out new attractions. Universal really knows how to get shit done.
Seems like they have a similar release pace... Universal has Volcano Bay and Jimmy Fallon this year for instance. Disney has Guardians Drop Coaster and Avatar Land. It does seem like Universal prioritizes their Florida park domestically though.

why is a dineyland annual pass 300 more than disneyworld.. lol..
Yeah its incredible how much more they charge at Disneyland for lesser overall attractions. I feel like the Florida prices are about to jump really soon, but they're really squeezing the market as it is compared to other parks there.

v1lla21

Heh that's funny, I was just talking to my gf about this yesterday. Kinda bummed it's still 2 years out but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

We're gonna try and go to Disneyland by April and then at the end of the year go to Disneyworld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom