• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars without humans?

If there were no species of humans in Star Wars would the galaxy be at peace? Sure there's pirate's and the bounty hunter's and of course alien planets with economies based on slavery, but is there anything going on that would lead to planet destroyers being build? The death star was conceived by a human scientist in rogue one right? Most of the bad guys are human stormtroopers fighting oppressed species. The embodiment of evil is an old human man.

Starting to think star wars is more antihumanity than just antiwar 🤔

drunk thread? Maybe.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Star Wars is a space opera fantasy. It's not hard scifi like Dune which has detailed appendices regarding it's world's people and it's factions. It's meant to be a fun adventure like George Lucas intended and not a commentary on politics.

That said, in The Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn, the Empire was said to be a very human centric and wouldn't allow other species into it's military, let alone it's ranking officers. Which makes Thrawn such an anomaly, as he is an Imperial Grand Admiral despite being a Chiss. But he got the position because he was a brilliant commander and strategist.

ThrawnBar.jpg

Personally though, I'd like to see more aliens as protagonists in Star Wars and not just side characters. Though it looks like Disney is setting up Ahsoka Tano to have her own series after her recent appearance in The Mandalorian. I'd like to see more though.

Rosario-Dawson-Ahsoka-Tano-The-Mandalorian-2.jpg

It's fantasy I agree, but definitely inspired by real world events like the world wars and even movies that predate it like metropolis and shows like Star Trek.

Thrawn and Ahsoka could use more would building in a live action setting I hope, I gotta go catch up on season 2 of Mandalorian 😀

GreyHorace

It's fantasy I agree, but definitely inspired by real world events like the world wars and even movies that predate it like metropolis and shows like Star Trek.

Thrawn and Ahsoka could use more would building in a live action setting I hope, I gotta go catch up on season 2 of Mandalorian 😀

Well I think you'll enjoy the latest episode since Ahsoka states she's hunting for Thrawn. No idea if he's going to appear in this season. I think Disney is saving him to be Ahsoka's antagonist in her own series. Personally I hope they get Benedict Cumberbatch to play him.

7d39efcd6df6ba9e5ab0f1d483e7d458.jpg

GreyHorace

Idk the aliens in the robes in the prequels were some pretty bad hombres.

And hardly given any screentime or development. But that's George Lucas for you.

13-19-9-14-10-39-56m.jpg

I would have loved to seen more stories focusing on the other Jedi. Sadly, the prequels mainly focused on Anakin and Obi-Wan, who are human. The only non human Jedi to have any sort of screentime and development were Ahsoka and of course, Yoda.

59aca05512a3b005e23da00fff600237.png

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Star Wars has plenty of memorable moments that include humans and aliens yeah I don’t think it matters in the movies

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
If there were no species of humans in Star Wars would the galaxy be at peace? Sure there's pirate's and the bounty hunter's and of course alien planets with economies based on slavery, but is there anything going on that would lead to planet destroyers being build? The death star was conceived by a human scientist in rogue one right? Most of the bad guys are human stormtroopers fighting oppressed species. The embodiment of evil is an old human man.

Starting to think star wars is more antihumanity than just antiwar 🤔

drunk thread? Maybe.
Speaking in terms of fantasy only - yes, they could have figured out things for themselves. It just seems like no one was giving a push against the Hutts and possibly too many conformists. It would be harder to accomplish the original Star Wars without humans. Pretty much Old Ben himself had backed-off and left the door open to someone younger to take on the Empire. With aliens...who was trying to do that? Better put, if George Lucas was good to rewrite all the human characters as aliens...he probably would have just made the rebellion up of humanoids or something similar to humans anyway.

Super Mario

Banned
Wrong. It's the same as real life. The galaxy would be better off with more people of color and women. I mean, the death star and star destroyers are literally all white men. It's science. Rey and Finn saved us with equality.

Top Bottom