• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze reveals Storm, new Sci-Fi shooter IP.

Syndicate was awful, but largely due to the terrible fov on consoles. Hope this is better, I still have fond memories of Riddick.

An-Det

That looks cool, I'm curious to see more. Hopefully it does better than Syndicate, Starbreeze is worth it. But the real news for me in that snippet is that they are doing Payday 2. Didn't realize they had acquired Overkill. I need this.

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh co-op. I would rather the game have multiplayer instead, that's far less likely to ruin the SP. Then again if it's as bad as Syndicate was then it won't matter anyway.

Mechazawa

perfect game for gerstmann, except he loathes co-op.

the man played mad moxxi to completion, solo.

Actually, I distinctly remember him saying how unfortunate it was that Syndicate didn't get any co-op DLC pushed out on one of the podcasts. I believe he played the co-op with strangers too.

codhand

Actually, I distinctly remember him saying how unfortunate it was that Syndicate didn't get any co-op DLC pushed out on one of the podcasts. I believe he played the co-op with strangers too.

gotcha.

i love starbreeze, but agree that lately with the riddick expansion/game, and lackluster syndicate reception, im cautious, but it sounds like exactly what i want on paper.

Derrick01

Banned
People don't like co-op? This actually helps this announcement for me.

Nope. It gives devs an excuse to make a lazy game because playing with someone else makes people ignore low quality. Not to mention it's impossible to have a standard SP game with story and all that stuff with someone else talking.

fvng

Syndicate was a fantastic game. Solo campaign was decent and the co-op game was a ton of run. I really enjoyed it.

Agreed. I thought it was unfairly bashed. Had so much fun with Syndicate. I couldn't read a review without someone whining about the change in genre. (as if it matters to people who never played to the original). Gerstman was one of the few proponents.

From the OP:
VG247 points out that Storm may be the new name for Cold Mercury, a free-to-play shooter expected to follow Syndicate's launch last year. The project was rumoured dead or due for major re-working after the developer decided against adopting the free-to-play business model.

Yeah. http://se.linkedin.com/pub/joel-staaf-hästö/1b/679/214
Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer
Starbreeze

January 2012 – August 2012 (8 months) Starbreeze

Worked on project Cold Mercury/STORM in Unreal Engine 3

--

Also Bourne had multiplayer?
Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer Intern
Starbreeze

November 2009 – May 2010 (7 months)

Worked on Bourne(now cancelled) and Syndicate

Sounds good, if it's going to be like Syndicate's co op they need to ease up on the difficulty when there's only one player and also add a bit of randomness to the levels or at least enemy placement. I had a lot of fun with S co op but eventually it was the same thing over and over and over.

Joeku

Cold Mercury is a much more evocative name than Storm. Christ.

Starbreeze first-person is some of the best next to DICE, though. Should be rad.

Top Bottom