• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks to start serving more upscale food with new menu items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter

I'm still not a fan. I hate getting funny looks when I order a large coffee. I don't know what the fuck a skinny large venti latte double shot is. I just want a plain coffee.
You probably just mumbled your order too nervously.

border

Yeah, I really don't get why they are the biggest name in coffee but don't strive to make the best coffee they can make. Aside from providing the cheapest coffee they can get away with I guess.

If you get your coffee brewed on a Clover machine you'll pretty much be drinking the freshest, best coffee you can get from any national chain. Not a lot of stores have Clovers though.

Burger

It's still shite made in a factory somewhere. Support a local cafe that bakes their food fresh every morning.

Skunkers

I find it rather comical that Panera Bread is their target. Don't know about the rest of you guys but I've been into my local Panera Bread a few times and while their soup was passable the bread (which is apparently what they specialize in, going by the name) was absolutely rock hard and not particularly tasty. And I'm no foodie or anything either, the fresh breads from my local Publix or even Super Walmart bakeries are way better. If my Panera Bread is anything to go by, I don't think this is much of an improvement over what Starbucks already has.

Valnen

It's still shite made in a factory somewhere. Support a local cafe that bakes their food fresh every morning.

Yeah those pretty much don't exist in most places, or they're not very obvious at least. If your standards are so sky high that you must always have the freshest of the fresh, you should be making your own food at home.

Row

Banned
Spreading out manufacturing allows the company to source ingredients from local farmers. The company has also trimmed the time from production to consumption to 60 days from as long as six months previously. Rigo said he's hoping to further slash the period to 30 days.

woah, kinda...gross

EvB

Great, does this mean their food is gonna get even more expensive?

I paid like £8 for a salad from there once.

Yeah, this just sounds like marketing bullshit. Highly doubt anything will be high quality. Or even good quality.

Great, does this mean their food is gonna get even more expensive?

I paid like £8 for a salad from there once.

Why would you do that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom