• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcade Twitch Marathon - Airing Now.

Ferrio

Banned
There's already an OT topic on this, but since it's a gaming related marathon I thought it would be better suited over here. Mods feel free to lock it if you think it's redundant.

https://www.twitch.tv/shoutfactorytv

In syndication from 1982 to 1984, Starcade was a groundbreaking game show where contestants competed in classic arcade video games, such as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Galaga and Centipede. It aired on WTBS (now TBS) and, as the first of its kind, it set the stage for future video game-themed TV series and served as a platform for introducing new arcade games to the public. The show was created by Jim and Mavis Caruso and JM Production Company, and hosted by Mark Richards and Geoff Edwards.

If you're interested in watching a snapshot of video gaming history as well as mocking it along the way you should come check it out.

DeadTrees

Ah, Starcade, the only show where arcade game manufacturers exploited Reagan-era deregulation to broadcast 20-minute ads to kids contestants of all ages play today's hottest video games for prizes!

Some of these lighting/wardrobe/haircut combinations were better off left to oblivion, though.

jett

D-Member
Seeing something like this makes me wonder what the gaming industry would be like today if it hadn't crashed back then.

I'm pumped!

i1.sndcdn.com%2Fartworks-000150167356-aduofv-original.jpg

Delio

Man this reminds me of the times watching gameshows on Nickreboot. Having the chat there made it instantly better.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They need to do the Canadian show Video & Arcade Top 10 in the future. Shit ran from 1991-2006. IIRC a GAFer was on it back in the day.

BBboy20

........I never heard of these games before.

And now realize I never knew what those Sidesteppers were named....

*sinks in corner*

bonesquad

This is amazing. Well, not all in a good way like only asking the one woman what her husband does for a living, or introducing their resident salami - I mean swami in a racist Chinese voice for some reason... but then there's the high school kid who when he grows up wants to be a "street performer in San Francisco". Come on son. Aim a bit higher (no offense GAF street performers in San Francisco).

Top Bottom