• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II Blowout @ 1UP All Week!

Akia

This image is home cooked because 1UP's cover image is awful. Karen must be on her honeymoon.

e8o0gm.jpg

Black Dragon vs. The Milkman (Status UP)

10zbm2b.jpg

Blizzard vs. Westwood (Status UP)

Video Link: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18569

23kf9zs.jpg

Milky's Dangerous Book for Zerglings (Status UP)

2v30xh1.jpg

Samwise Speaks + Studio Tour Video (Status UP)

Video Link: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18570

15n0oqh.jpg

Top 5 List of Starcraft Starting Strategies (Status UP)

I believe some if not all of this feature (sans the video content) was supposed to be in the GFW Magazine cover story that never happened.

I want to see more pictures of their new HQ.

The place is absolutely sick. 'The house that 10 million WoW subscribers built'.

hobart said:
Here we go...

Man I need this game to come out so I can stop playing DOTA :/

..another year..

I'm busy trying to regain some of my skills in the original SC, I don't want to suck to bad when SC2 comes out. Plus i can't wait to dominate all you fellow gaffers online :D .

Akia

AstroLad said:
Yes, my guess at Black Dragon's record was correct!

Yeah, I wish they would throw some replay videos up.

Next time they should totally record the matches w/ voice overs from whoever's playing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Akia said:
Yeah, I wish they would throw some replay videos up.

Next time they should totally record the matches w/ voice overs from whoever's playing.

Oh man I would watch that.

Mielke=
dragonslayer.jpg

hobart

What's the likelihood that we can see a vid of an actual game? A replay... if you will?

10/20 Release? Is this serious? We'd be in Alpha or Beta now wouldn't we?

hobart

Only thing I saw were the vids on the Terran Campaign. I wouldn't be too concerned with the direction of "lore," they are pretty tight with it in that respect. Further... I'm sure they'd want to keep it as under wraps as possible... the story has some pretty dedicated fans.

The bread and butter is the multi... and balance is a key issue for them at launch. I'm still scratching my head at this 10/20 release tho.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I'm getting this game for the tower defense. Love that shit. Never got into the Starcraft story. I might get all up in the multiplayer with my roommates though.

Akia

duckroll said:
Wow, no news on campaign mode planned at all? :(

I'm beginning to get a little worried about the campaign mode. They have to show something spectacular at BlizzCon this year or else fans will go into panic mode.

Fans in Panic = Delay Time

Spruchy

Akia said:
I'm beginning to get a little worried about the campaign mode. They have to show something spectacular at BlizzCon this year or else fans will go into panic mode.

LOL at you thinking theres a blizzcon this year(Maybe fall, but no time soon).

Akia said:
This image is home cooked because 1UP's cover image is awful. Karen must be on her honeymoon.

My lord Akia, you know me so well. /insert GET OUT OF MY HEAD, CHARLES lolcat

I was on my honeymoon. But really, last cover I did was NiGHTS, I was taken off cover duty since my promotion. :D

Akia

bitterazngurl said:
My lord Akia, you know me so well. /insert GET OUT OF MY HEAD, CHARLES lolcat

I was on my honeymoon. But really, last cover I did was NiGHTS, I was taken off cover duty since my promotion. :D

I think GFW Radio mentioned that you recently got married. I just connected the dots.
I'm not a stalker, I swear.
Congrats on tying the knot :)

Yeah, looking at the 1UP Cover Story page makes me wonder why you left. You were soooo good at them. I seriously clicked on cover stories to look at the awesome art first and the content second. I'm not saying that to impress you or anything. I'm just expressing my honest opinion. 1UP Cover Stories were always synonymous with awesome art. To say that the art for the Starcraft II cover story is disappointing would be an understatement. Even though it is late in the game, it would be totally rad if you could cook something up snazzy for the SCII cover image.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Akia said:
Yeah, looking at the 1UP Cover Story page makes me wonder why you left. You were soooo good at them. I seriously clicked on cover stories to look at the awesome art first and the content second. I'm not saying that to impress you or anything. I'm just expressing my honest opinion.

Dude, you already know she's married. She's not going to fall for you.

Just kidding! Karen does do awesome work

Akia

SnowWolf said:
Dude, you already know she's married. She's not going to fall for you.

Just kidding! Karen does do awesome work

Dude, even if she wasn't married she couldn't possibly fall for me because I don't play WoW anymore :)
I'm sure that was one of the first things on the marriage contract.

Yeah, I <3 Karen's art too.

Akia said:
I think GFW Radio mentioned that you recently got married. I just connected the dots.
I'm not a stalker, I swear.
Congrats on tying the knot :)

Yeah, looking at the 1UP Cover Story page makes me wonder why you left. You were soooo good at them. I seriously clicked on cover stories to look at the awesome art first and the content second. I'm not saying that to impress you or anything. I'm just expressing my honest opinion. 1UP Cover Stories were always synonymous with awesome art. To say that the art for the Starcraft II cover story is disappointing would be an understatement. Even though it is late in the game, it would be totally rad if you could cook something up snazzy for the SCII cover image.

Just a FYI - there was an 'issue' with the art that was used due to a number of things.

Akia

thirtytwoutside said:
Just a FYI - there was an 'issue' with the art that was used due to a number of things.

I'm assuming that you work at 1UP. Why would a company not what you to showcase their game the best way possible or was this a internal 1UP issue and completely unrelated with Blizzard? Basically can you elaborate further?

Well, one of the (more obvious, but maybe not?) things is that with the site gradually evolving and features in general looking different now, associated things - like covers - are going to undergo a change. I did really like the old look for the covers, too (and not because I did a couple) and Karen did a bang-up job on them, because we totally had the freedom to go buck wild with them.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I hope the game is coming this year. Thats the only thing I want.

Akia

thirtytwoutside said:
Well, one of the (more obvious, but maybe not?) things is that with the site gradually evolving and features in general looking different now, associated things - like covers - are going to undergo a change. I did really like the old look for the covers, too (and not because I did a couple) and Karen did a bang-up job on them, because we totally had the freedom to go buck wild with them.

Well tell your bosses that the new direction cover stories are going--completely sucks. I was overlooking the new look because the content was Starcraft II related and I'm a Starcraft nut. But on a serious note, the old cover story pages actually made it seem like I was reading a magazine on the internet. Plus the old pages allow the completely awesome vertical oriented cover art. Milky completely sold me on the cover art idea originally through a blog post where he was pimping the whole concept. Now that Milky is the top dog. I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard to get the old cover pages back. This is a case where you guys tried to fix something that wasn't broken and it shows. Nice job on the DMC4/GOWPSP covers by the way. It's too bad Starcraft II's cover sucks, the game deserves better.

Akia said:

Eh i've been waiting 10 years i can wait a little longer.

Top Bottom