• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield Early Access thread | See That Standard Edition Over There? You Can Upgrade It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarky

Gold Member
uknMTuT.png

cP5rOJk.jpg

l9Sdvvi.jpg

What is Starfield? Behave, if you don't know I don't know what to say.

Release date? Can you not read?? See above.

Price? Price doesn't matter to us ballers. Peasants see you next week.

Reviews? The carnage begins @5pm GMT.

Welcome Gaffers to the quick and dirty unofficial OT for the early access period for Starfield! Some non peasants were asking for a place to discuss the game once it goes live through "early access" tonight as there is distinct lack of Starfield threads on the forum just now. So here you go.

The actual OT is being done by mortal mortal and will be live in due course. When that happens we can all shift over there.

Not sure on spoiler rules but I'd suggest no story spoilers unless clearly tagged? But the rest? Locations, screen shots traits, builds and everything else is fair game? If not let me know and update the OP.

Engage!

clarky

Gold Member
So fucking excited man, doing an all nighter playing this over in Ol' Blighty!
I'm on nightshift, just got in. Razer blade preloaded & cleared my next 4 shifts (lol the joys of being the gaffer!). Yes im Ready.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
I'm on nightshift, just got in. Razer blade preloaded & cleared my next 4 shifts (lol the joys of being the gaffer!). Yes im Ready.
I've cleared my schedule in terms of music production gigs for the next week and a bit so I'm all there with ya, bring on the all nighters I say!

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The only way I'd become an idiot an upgrade to early version is if PC gaf tells me this is the most optimized, bug-less game ever made and it runs at 4k 240 fps easily on high end and has DLSS support.

SCB3

So fucking excited man, doing an all nighter playing this over in Ol' Blighty!
I go to the gym at 5am, so half considering it seeing as its a "Self Dev" day tomorrow at work as well

Still my Steam pre load is being weird, it still says the Release date is the 6th so hopefully it'll change at 1am

My dad bought this on Xbox and we game share. I’m very tempted to download it on there so I can play at 1am whilst waiting for Steam to unpack things.

Wooxsvan

so this is my first preloaded game on Steam. Iv got the premium edition but it says release date sept 6? will it unlock earlier as it should?

clarky

Gold Member
so this is my first preloaded game on Steam. Iv got the premium edition but it says release date sept 6? will it unlock earlier as it should?
You're good. But be prepared for a lengthy unpack/decryption and a possible 15gb patch afterwards.

Edit. When i say lengthy i shouldn't be more that 15 mins depending on your PC in my experience.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Does anybody knows if the pre order bonus will be available during the early access period? I want to buy the Premium Edition tomorrow

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does anybody knows if the pre order bonus will be available during the early access period? I want to buy the Premium Edition tomorrow

I'm sure you will be able to redeem whatever comes with the premium edition as soon as you buy it (minus the story expansion, cause that's not even a thing yet)

Draugoth

Gold Member
I'm sure you will be able to redeem whatever comes with the premium edition as soon as you buy it (minus the story expansion, cause that's not even a thing yet)

Yeah, im just not sure if you need to but the Premium Edition before it drops later todasy for the pre order bonus to be redeemed.

Krathoon

I just got my preorder bonus key from CDKeys. So, they released it.

It did not download anything. I assume the stuff is already in the game, it just unlocks it.

Kilau

You're good. But be prepared for a lengthy unpack/decryption and a possible 15gb patch afterwards.

Edit. When i say lengthy i shouldn't be more that 15 mins depending on your PC in my experience.
15 mins would be fine, it’s stupid long and faster to just download when it’s available. Unless you have a really slow connection or trying to maximize data cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom