• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield - Official VASCO behind the scenes trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here for the "no gameplay? this is never coming out this year" concern.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
At this point I feel like they're not releasing gameplay because they're gonna have to deal with all the people who think this is going to be Skyrim in space, and it just isn't.

Better to just get the thing out and let people actually play it before they pre-decide it's shit.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They're not releasing gameplay because they're gonna show it at the big show in June.

Of course, but I still think they're anticipating blowback from a lot of people who assume (badly) that it's Skyrim in space. It's super weird that they haven't just got out ahead of it and at least outlined what you'll actually be doing in the game, that, or do a Fallout 4/76 and don't even reveal it until it's ready to show.

My prediction remains that it'll be a good game which bores a lot of people to tears because it's not what they were expecting.

Hugare

They're not releasing gameplay because they're gonna show it at the big show in June.
So just show the fucking thing in June instead of drip feeding us with concept art every five days

I'm interested in the game, but releasing a bunch of videos with almost useless information is poor marketing, makes us think that the game isnt that much finished + make people more impatient

I enter every new Starfield thread knowing that there will be a video showing some concept art.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
My prediction remains that it'll be a good game which bores a lot of people to tears because it's not what they were expecting.
I really don't think that's going to be the case. People know what sci-fi is. They already showed a gun on the table, and mechs.

Going to be a lot of exploration, probably crafting. Guns. Going to be like Fallout, but new. People adapted to Fallout very easily.

Better to go into these videos with no expectations. The reality is we're probably not getting any gameplay for a few more months. Personally, I'm all in for Starfield.

Haggard

Banned
Why are you even here then? If it was that worthlessness
Last time I checked most human beings still couldn`t access digital data directly and would unfortunately have to click on stuff to find out if it`s a turd or not.
If you know exactly what`s behind every link without clicking on it, congrats......maybe you just like to ask stupid questions, though.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Last thread got me. I clicked thinking it was something exciting.

I went into this one knowing it would be an insignificant video and trolls shouting for gameplay while other trolls tell them to STFU.

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

Haggard

Banned
You are the who is playing stupid. If you can't read the title, maybe don't click on stuff.
What kind of giant inbred basement dwelling nerd do you have to be to get the whole content of a link from a header..
seriously, stop it. It doesn`t get any more stupid than that.

Last edited:

Kiraly

I think everyone should know by now that gameplay won't just arrive in some random YouTube video. Hopefully June will showcase a full blowout on this.
But how am I going to concern troll that the game must be in such a dire state it is unshowable if everyone knows this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom